boosting question.......

beyond_4896

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
the foreman say my optimum boost is 0.8bar. MAx boost is 1.1bar.

So... suddenly i think abt the v-power, since the fuel octane is higher...
so, if i using the v-power n running at 1bar.

Is it more safety?

anfernee

Known Member
Jan 16, 2005
Why does everyone think that V-Power is running on higher octane ? Isn't it the same 97 RON as the other premium unleaded petrol ?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Fluffy said:
no.its not a higher octane.
no? i tot its 98 RON, den y is everybody filling it up since it gives the same performance dat sylkron 97 offers AND costs 10 cents more.

i dont get it..

truemax

Known Member
Jul 3, 2006
I had the impression that the v-power have higher octane too.. but apprently it is not (or may be just very little)..

taken from http://www.shell.com/home/Framework...sts/fuels/optimax/optimax_faqs_ga_1602.html#4

What is the octane rating of Shell V-Power?

Octane ratings for premium gasoline vary across the country. The octane level of Shell V-Power is anywhere from 90 to 93 octane, depending on the region. It’s important to point out, however, that octane is not the only factor to consider when choosing a fuel. For example, many cars that don’t require higher octane can benefit from the cleaning power provided by Shell V-Power.
Shell V- Power premium gasoline actively cleans for better performance. It helps clean up deposits on intake valves and fuel injectors left behind by low-detergent gasolines. That’s because Shell V-Power contains more than five times the amount of cleaning agents required by government standards. If these deposits are not removed, some vehicles may experience hesitation during the initial warm-up period.

truemax

Known Member
Jul 3, 2006
From shell malaysia FAQ:

Will Shell V-Power affect fuel economy adversely?

No. The petrol consumption of Shell V-Power is every bit as good as the quality Shell petrol you are used to, with an added dose of extra power whenever you want it. In fact, the unique formulation of Shell V-Power burns so well and so completely that every drop is utilised to give your engine maximum performance and efficiency.

Can I mix Shell V-Power with other petrol?

Yes. Shell V-Power is perfectly compatible with other petrol but its benefits will be reduced if it is mixed.

What is the octane rating of Shell V-Power?

The Research Octane Number (RON) is 97.0 minimum and all cars can use this petrol.

razr_sped

Known Member
Jun 30, 2006
its jus ad gimic...
though it stated with special formulation,
doesnt feel so, with my slkancil
maybe kancil too small to feel the effect
cant guzzle more petrol with its 2 cylinder

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Woman Fights Robber, Cops Have to Rescue Him n the robber lost his nuts too muahahaha!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience