Body repair

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Dear all,
Can anyone suggest to me workshop which do car body repair in shah Alam/ Sungai Buloh area?
I think one of my car body is a bit cacat. I want to do chassis straightening... But not sure of a good and reasonable place.

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
The gap between the door upper window frame and the pillar B/C is too close. I think its the impact from a previous accident before I bought the car. Didn't realize before this until recently when I was about to put sound proofing rubber at the door.
I had adjusted the door hinges, but it didn't turn out nicely. According to one of my fren who is doing car paint shop, need to straighten the body.
However I don't have any weird feelings driving the car such as going side way etc.
So any suggestion?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Just to share with you here.....

The chassis straightening work needs some serious heavy duty hydraulic repair jig. The cost of repair of chassis would be high, most of the time.
8 years ago, my boss was quoted about RM6500 to have his Pajero's body/ladder frame to be repair/alligned.
The workshop was in Kota Kamuning. I can't remember the name of the workshop, but I think the workshop folded due to overly high overhead.....and most ppl reluctant to spend huge amount of money for the chassis repair. The technician at the workshop wont even give assurance of the repair work...

Eventually, my boss sold the Pajero at a 2nd hand car dealer.....without repairing the chassis.
"Good luck" to the new owner...

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Yeap I know about the process. My friend told me earlier.
Actually I went to a workshop in Sungai Buloh. They offered me rm500 to do that portion of body repair using the same method as u mentioned. However earlier they already conned me rm120 by trying to adjust again the door hinge which I told them it wouldn't work. Apart from that becoz of them things turn from bad to horrible. When they returned back the car to me, original problem haven't been solved. Instead suddenly myside mirror and central lock for that side of the door didn't work. They also forgot to put back the pin for the center hinge. They tear off my rubber bush which was pinned to my fender with excusec that it is not possible to take the fender out if utvwas not teared off. I was so pissed coz earlier when first sending the car to them I already explained that I had just change the hinges myself which requires the fender to be taken off. And I did not tear off the bush as they claim needed to.
Problem not solved + new problems = full repair charge which is rm120 for things that I already do it myself.
Yes, they offered me reasonable price for the chassis repair. But I don't trust them anymore.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The case of Pajero is even more complicated, and that was why it is more expensive to repair.

The technician said that to do proper chassis repair, the entire pajero cabin has to be detached from the ladder frame. Lots of wiring, piping, joints need to be disconnected. Takes a long time to do it, and complicated work....labor intensive as the chassis was much stiffer than monocoque body. The repair takes a few weeks to do, plus there is no guarantee the workshop repair will restore the original chassis condition.

After hearing the hefty price they quoted, and the hassle, and the ordeal the pajero has to go through to repair the chassis, my boss just sold off the car....
"Problem" solved...

BTW, will the cost of chassis repair/allignment be covered by your insurance policy?

Anyway, if your car can be driven "normally", I dont think you should go for this sort of chassis repair....unless your car is super rare, and has super sentimental value to you...

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Well, yes its super rare in Malaysia.
Only manage to find 8 units in Malaysia for the moment.
But its not because of rarity I want to fix it. Its just annoys me not to have it at the best perfection I can get. That's y for years before I realize this problem, I didn't mind and feel its really a wonderful and fun car to drive. But ever since I got to know bout it.... I just feel like its a crappy car( I think maybe I got mental problems on cars). Hehehe

So guys, please if u do HV any suggestion within said location, do let me know.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I see. That is one rare-looking car since there are only 8 units in Malaysia, and I could understand that you would do whatever it takes for your love of your car.
BTW, what car are you driving?

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
I answer that thru pm.

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Helpppp!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello!
just want to ask one simple yet complicaterd for me,
the question is:
do i need to modify a lot just to change my satria bumper to mivec bumper!
i don't want to change the fender, headlight, all sort of thing i just want to change the bumper only.
what should i do to change the bumper, or it is just plug and play!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience