Bmw e21

Jul 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
BMW E21 (oil consumption)

Hey everyone, Im planing on getting a BMW E21 as a affordable 1st car.
Ive been reading alot about the E21 and the 323i model interest me the most.
My concern about getting this car is about the oil consumption.
Im posting this here in hopes that you guys out there can share with me about the oil consumption of the E21.
323i is 2.3 I have a feeling that it might drink petrol like water or maybe not,
cause maybe since its a beemer and not a vtec the manufacturers might have worked on the petrol consumption.
I have no idea.
Should I stick with the idea of getting the 323i or should I consider the other models like 316, 318 and also the 320? I also understand that the 316 is the most economical model.
Im not planing to drive it sideways or fly with it but as a car I could drive to get to places like work, college, club, balik kampung? You get the idea.
Your feed backs means alot to me. Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

collegekid

Jul 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hey brah, I would love to get an e30, but,
its price is beyond my reach la bro,
thats why e21, I can get one within 3k.
Plus I know a mechanic who specializes on BMW, trustworthy person.
so thats why Im in for it.
are the e21 parts extremely hard to find? like engine components? or other stuffs?

nama.takda

From Facebook
Aug 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
well.. my advise is study the car 1st before u wanna buy that car.. 1 thing i learn when buying rare car... the cheaper the car.. the more u need to spend on $$ in my case i`m buying a cheap citroen zx hahaha

as for fuel consumption.. my dad use to own it before e21 323i.. as for gud condition engine.. the fuel just like a normal 2.0 car unless u kinda heavy foot person hahaha

collegekid

Jul 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, thats true but thats why Il look for a car which is in good condition, therefore Il spend less money there, it might take time to find the rite one though, but Im in no rush. Minor problem can be fixed.

Now Im starting to feel that I should try to get a 316 instead, cause the fuel consumption is my worst nightmare. 316 has a smaller cc, but the performance and engine spec is not as good as the 323. BUT, its still a beemer, still a 21.

Anymore experiences or feed backs are appreciated.