Black Myvi Scuff Mark Removal - First attempt to finish black paint without DA!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I was called up by a friend one day who found some scuff marks left by irresponsible people on his car. I immediately went to have a look at his car. Gosh. From the right lower bumper, up to headlamp, dragged all the way along the fender...

Sad case...

I thought it was dogs at first. But dogs wouldn't drag it up to here...

And certainly not up to the headlamp here...

I told my friend, no guarantees. I am not so experienced with black paint. I will see what I can do. So I attempted to finish without a DA. After wash and clayed, correction began... Cut with Optimum Hyper Compound on wool pad. Polish and finish with Optimum Hyper Polish on Optimum red polishing pad.

After polishing... Scuff marks removed. Slight holograms on the fender.

Scuffs gone. Still slight hologram on the lower bumper.

A further slow, detailed finishing step removes the hologram. Done via rotary on polishing pad with Optimum Hyper Polish. I must say this takes some getting use to.

Fender hologram removed.

No scuffs and hologram on fender...

As well as bumper...

Just a quick recap...
Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Some reflection shots the next day. I fully corrected this car few months ago. But since it's a daily driven car, and there was once when the owner had no choice but to send it to a car wash, some swirls aere reinstalled. But for now, let's talk about reflection :)

No Swissvax? Nevermind... This is HD effects by Optimum Opti-Seal and Optimum Car Wax.

Say hello to nature!

Thanks for viewing... Sorry for my mediocre photography skills. Some may say it's cheating because I didn't snap back at exactly the same spot. I must says this is a bit hard because after I detailed, I do not remember how to angle the lights and all... Need to improve on photography!!!

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Great job veloc! Keep it up....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Thanks for kind words guys. So busy with work so I can't find time for full detail nowadays. Just mini detail like this to help friends when their car got whacked!

Anyways at least it is enough to keep me sane. Seeing you guys post epic detail post while I am not able to do it drives me mad...
Fish.. You Gen2 and Kelisa. Josh's CRZ and Merc and Peugeot. Arrgh! :biggrin:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
wohoooo!! perfectly finished!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
bro, whats the meaning of DA? sorry noob here...:wavey:
DA = Dual Action Polisher. Different from rotary. Correcting power is not as strong but its good to create a perfect finish especially on soft and black paints. Also safer than rotary for beginners. For noob like me, finishing on black paint with rotary alone is a big challenge. Takes time.. But for other here, haha... Sap sap sui...

zckid

Known Member
Feb 28, 2012
Mauritius
that's nicely done! congrats

First I thought you were doing it without machine!

black is beautiful.... n sure talk to the sifus here on photography... i learned that however good is your detail, it will not show up unless you can take very good shots at the right angle, distance and light. Anyway, i really like it.

Cheers

zaid

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Continued

Ok so now you've installed your air filter, changed your exhaust and still have bucket loads of cash to spend, what's next?

Personally I would recommend something that requires very little maintenance and doesn't take much time to install, so I'd suggest to work on the chassis or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience