bigger snail and injector upgrade

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
cut it short,let's say i upgrade to a bigger injector,and there's a show of lean fuel.by avoiding using supplementary injector,just using bigger cc injector,let's say 750 or 1000cc injector, do i still need to increase fuel at certain rpm,or the cc of the injector itself can play that part?

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Hmmm, that actually depends why you're leaning out? Possible culprit could be the fuel pump, clogged injectors? maybe its the ECU since you've got godzilla injectors!! :P Maybe fuel pressure is low or u've got a leak somewhere ..

The ECU is still asking your injectors to open at a certain timing and duration and by using a larger injector you will squirt more fuel. A Fuel controller basically tricks the ECU in squirting more/less fuel by altering duration and its duty cycle.

Simply If you have a 1000cc injectors, they will fire 1000cc at the command of the ECU. However with a fuel controller you can ask the ECU to squirt say... extra/less 10% or whatever that is under your control. Subject to the max duty cycle. This allows you to control the amount of fuel at certain RPMs to fine tune your engine. Always try to use the correct injectors size for the amount of HP u're aming at.

Unless you're running insane boost and HP figures, which normally people will need management, by slapping in huge injectors your ride will be crappy at low rpms and at best so so at mid to high.

actuator_bypass

Known Member
Sep 11, 2004
Originally posted by AlucarD@Oct 3 2004, 02:44
Unless you're running insane boost and HP figures, which normally people will need management, by slapping in huge injectors your ride will be crappy at low rpms and at best so so at mid to high.
agree..

traffic jam you will damn yourself for bigger injector.. Idling also gilerr..

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by 20vturbo@Oct 2 2004, 22:07
cut it short,let's say i upgrade to a bigger injector,and there's a show of lean fuel.by avoiding using supplementary injector,just using bigger cc injector,let's say 750 or 1000cc injector, do i still need to increase fuel at certain rpm,or the cc of the injector itself can play that part?
well to have big injectors u need a standalone ecu to perform the tast,with stock ecu and afc with 1000cc injectors the car will not even start...even if it starts it will die of in 2sec and the car will not start again till u change new plugs.
well a 550cc injectors would be good for 400bhp car
so a 1000cc injectors would be a overkill but it would be good to have it as u can run low miliseconds on them... like running 550cc injectors u need to run 12.48ms of duty cycle to achieve the 400bhp mark which is a max out to the injectors, this is if u have a good fuel pump,etc..
so if planing to upgrade u can but think properly..if not dont go for big jump..
your stock ecu of gsr will take 450cc for vr4 would take 550cc or 560 that will be ideal for stock ecu..anything more will be asking for trouble..
anyway happy modding...
have a good day :)

cheers
Joshua

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Hi teckiller

GSR very happy with 450cc :rolleyes: , but say I'm using the 77xx series ECU can I go for the 550cc injectors? or would if be overkill for a 1.8 GSR running at 1bar?

Thanks.

eclips3

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Kuala lumpur
DISCLAIMER

I'm sorry for the previous postings supposedly made under my nick. Someone logged into zth.com under my nick and started all this mess. Sorry if it caused any inconveniences.

Regards;
eclips3

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by AlucarD@Oct 5 2004, 08:50
Hi teckiller

GSR very happy with 450cc :rolleyes: , but say I'm using the 77xx series ECU can I go for the 550cc injectors? or would if be overkill for a 1.8 GSR running at 1bar?

Thanks.
nopes can't la..for 1bar of boost maybe it will run ok at 1.8bar of boost and with only work on WOT not on idle it might work but not as efficient..that means u gonna cry on consumption,etc..

well just stick to the 450cc it will be the most ideal at it would be good for 280bhp at wheel

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by lancer_ajai2@Oct 6 2004, 10:54
Would 510's be an overkill 4g61t with 16g and boosting 1.3 bar?
510 can but 450 enuff

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
teckiller, :) hahahah ... 1.8bar... ok ok, my target after I get microtech from you!

Thanks man ... will cari you for AF tuning once I get the final mods in. Maybe next month kot.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as I see from caburator engine, the intake of the air got a pipe which is connected to the ezos piping area
and I think the purpose is to suck in hot air to the caburator is it???
then y we change to cool air??

i need convince!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience