Beware of suspicious buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cars for sale

Beware of suspicious buyers

Sep 19, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
This may be the wrong section to post. But this is the only place where personal sellers can see.
I decided to register a new nick to protect my privacy.

The story goes like -

On reflection, this is my take -

You post a car for sale on mudah/zerotohundred.

1. The buyers were never geniune buyers. They scout around in Mudah to seek a potential strike on personal sellers, unlike the garage dealers

2. The setup was simple. Target the victim, get to meet him up. The younger, the better.

3. Tie the seller down with a nominal deposit. That seals the contract, so to speak, to commit the seller.

4. Stall the deal to pretend saying the true buyer is coming to conclude the deal later. That they came from far is nonsensical.

5. At the meetup place, they would come up with all the excuses not to finalise for the fault of the seller.

6. And they allege and claim there was misrepresentation. They threatened Seller for his age and inexperience.

7. It's line, hook and sinker. They set up the bait and lure the victim. And they demand unreasonable compensation to negotiate a deal for settlement.

8. Then they threaten to lodge a Polis report. In this case, they were probably surprised we were prepared to do so too.

9. Being aware they could no longer gain any monetary advantage, they left the matter to the Polis to pressure Seller.

10. In a different scenerio, the victim would be frightened and succumb to their demand. And they would get away with a few thousand K to fleece the victim.

11. The Polis may or may not be their sidekicks. In any case, they would be inclined to take some seemingly action to do their work.

12. So placing Seller under remand overnight is the only option. In any case, they need to release him the next day even without pressing any charge. Cos there's just no proper charge to sustain.

13. Worse situation if this happens during a Friday. The victim would be held in custody for the weekend (Friday, Saturday,& Sunday) until Monday.

14. The best lawyer in town would not be able to do anything. That's within their prerogative and investigation power.

15. Please remind all Private Seller how this works out. A bitter lesson to make one wiser.

16. Foremost, try get to know whom you could be dealing with. If it smells and stinks, abort the deal early.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
agree with dre42.

and thanks for the heads up!

gOOsebeRRy

Known Member
Jun 22, 2011
Perak
i had read it over and over again for 3 times... but i still could not understand....
unclear circumstance, why the seller had to go to the police station?

nicky5

Known Member
Jan 20, 2004
ipoh ..
You sell car, post online, A call, meet and seal rm300 say want to book. Then tell u real buyer is B will come buy. Then will say you never sell car properly, not mention real spec, or simply say you never tell properly all info, like tyre thread not new, old side mirror or engine leaking as to make you feel like no experience and thought is your fault. Then ask for compensation on their time wasted to come for this deal. If report police then they tell police you not honest and try to cheat their money. You might be scared and pay them extra money as close case deal. Car not sell yet but your pocket forked out compensation. Happy ending for villians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

I am writing to share an experience which happened to my parents along Karak Highway over the weekend.

They were returning to KL and were travelling on the inner lane because there were kids in the car. For those who frequent this highway route between Genting and KL, you know that there are ups and down with bends.

While going round one of the bends, my dad saw a honda city parked on the emergency lane and it just dashed out onto the moving lane. The collision was inevitable...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience