beware of seller

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Hi guys,
i am just writing to share my experience with Dominic ([email protected]. He usually posts on Mudah and has stopped for a while after some issues with buyers.

While i won't completely say that his products are not good, you should just buy and don't expect any after sales support or even a return of goods from him.

i had a terrible experience where i got something from him on the condition that i like it and that he will take it back if it didn't suit me. The worst thing was, the item was dead on arrival. It was spoilt already, even his own mechanic said so. Obviously, he never refunded and avoided me completely.

Also, the only way you can contact him is via email. He will never give you his phone number.

Anyway, i am just sharing here. Be a little careful with dealing with him.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
That's the problem with dealing online... quite a fair bit of dishonest sellers out there.

I always arrange to deal COD... whereby items are only paid for upon inspection by you.

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Hi Alvin,

this is not online sale. i met him, i have even met his family! I though he was more of a enthusiast instead of a seller.

i was wrong.

i bought shocks from him which could not be fully tested till it is mounted. as soon as we went for test drive, (all 4 already spoilt). Had a nasty email from dominic to get my facts right and about suing. so, amending my statement. Not all 4 was spoilt at the time of testing. the rear two were gone upon testing. 2 weeks later, when i got back my old shocks from service, i found that the front 2 was leaking. So in essence, all 4 are dead shocks.

long story there.

but yes, you are right, if you want to buy from him make sure the items can be inspected on the spot.

he is now selling intercoolers....whether or not there will be blockage or leakage, its hard to tell during the inspection.

Last edited:

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
so u ask him let u using intercooler first for 1 week for testing before paying full sum of the part.normally buy 2nd hand part/performance part from kedai potong depend fate either u r good luck or bad luck after few day or next month when part is broken.so better get sifu who u know together go to checking/testing part b4 pay.it is rule...maybe from pasar malam rule

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
hi jimmy,
sure there are plenty of ways to deal with sellers like these.

i am just alerting you guys to take caution only.

but, in your hypothetical scenario, he wont agree to it :)

goober

500 RPM
Jul 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
HI Ablivion,

Is Dominic's his real name or does he have another name? It's best to provide more details about this person, including providing his mobile number here so that others are aware. Thanks.

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
hi goober,
Yup, dominic lau is his full name.

he claims he works in singapore so he never gives out his phone number and can't be reached directly. he will call you via an anonymous number.

i only have his email, [email protected].

again, i am not saying not to buy from him, just exercise some caution and make sure the goods are in good order and don't expect any refund.

mrtwo

Known Member
Sep 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sell things but never give phone number- someting fishy yo.
but u said that u met his family but do u know where his house is?
sell spoilt items but never get refunded..that sucks big time man:hmmmm2::hmmmm2:

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
dis coward(DOMINIC LAU) nvr ever reply any request I'd sent to him........:sleep:

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Wow, those are pretty strong claims man!! Scary sh*t goin on!

Anyway, if anyone has ANY issues or concerns with me or [email protected] per say, please inform me by: Email, SMS, Call, Morse Code, anything la.... hahahaha..... cheers guys and shop carefully......

Remember COD is still the best la, if cannot COD, then COI.... Cash on Installation.... hehehe

My experience with Dominic was ok, he sold me stuff pretty cheap, very good condition. Some free stuffs oso!! Only item that was partially unserviceable was one ball joint, found out that the shaft was bent. Myself and him didn't notice.... a year later aint really right for me to start asking for a refund. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt la.

Disclaimer: Your experience and mine could be totally different. And my thumb rule is, I will NEVER buy a second hand absorber or tire. To avoid premature failure of the so-called-new-part-on-my-car. Avoid second hand 'Lifed' items.

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
any1 can just simply change their name......

describe how he looks like & what car he drive......would like to know

andersen

Apr 14, 2004
Some way in Asi
autoracing.yourcities.com
Hmmm I remembered this Dominic guy who sell at Mudah.my, I have quite bad experience deal with him. Below is his act

He never
- want you to contact him
- Wont let you know his number, because he uses "Un-known" number to call you. mean he call your mobile, and his number did not appear.

He always
- Claim he work in Singapore and come back to his home in Ampang once a week.
- He dont want to meet you out face to face like a secret guys. you dont know who his are.

My experience, I deal with him on phone (he called me) for the MR2 Engine Hood, I spend 3 weeks and manage 3 times fix times with him, last he failed and NEVER turn you up.

He are wasting your times. I knew how some "small" amount buyer did not have problem with him, but I did have big problem with him, because of 3 weeks, he ruins my show off project~

BAD experience deal with him. Risk yourself to deal with him.

I am not offence here. but I am as a consumer, I have a right to comment buyer's experience with some not respossible seller. This call consumer rights. That is all.

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Hi Eddy,

i am not making a claim here lar. i am just sharing my experience. I agree with you completely, there just are some items which cannot be bought second hand like this.

this has been bad call from my side as well.

Hi Tom's,

there is no point going into that detail as it is not my intention to spoil his name or business. i just want to inform all our fellow enthusiast here to be a little more careful in their dealings.

As a mr2 owner, more sellers means more parts means better for all of us.

However, fair trade and honoring agreements should always be practiced.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
'dominic' hmm

hmmm, hmmm, hmmmmmmm, hmmmm.

pity. if i think it is who 'he' is,...

sad. was a super enthusiast MR chap.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm in this dilemma bfore. Nissan x-gear or suzuki sx4. 2012. test both.
becos my size, i can fit easier in x-gear. Steering just nice above my knee. Got space too.
Interior feels, sx4. But it can't fit me. :listen:
if i not comfort, i can't drive.
About performance, sifu's here will help you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience