Beware of Hyenas/Vultures/Crows on the road

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
As per title, we all know that these 3 animals are the type that are waiting for their prey that are getting weak or those that are dying soon which these scavengers can actually sense and know that a particular animal will be dying soon.

Therefore, they would wait for it to go down and then they will come feeding on them instead of aiding them. I experienced the similar case yesterday, just that I wasn't eaten physically.

Okay, I'll try to cut this as short as I can, I met one of these road scavengers yesterday when my lovely mousedeer overheated and engine stalled when I was paying the toll. So, I had to push my car towards the side from the toll booth, avoid obstructing anyone and endangering myself. For the 1st time, I experience my car stalled in the middle of the road while driving. Bad Day.

I open up my bonnet to check and a Malay Guy who can't really speaks malay well or has bad pronunciation came up to my car and I was shock to see him behind me, I said overheated, then without asking anything, he came down from his bike and starting to take bottle of waters from his bike and help me cool down the car.

I was like, Wow! Still got good Samaritans. He keep saying "Jangan Risau, I bukan Penyamun, I'm a mechanic, I know how to do it". He said, u can ask those SMART TUNNEL Patrols Rangers, they know me.

Okay since only pouring water, I let him help which was a mistake actually.

Not long after, the SMART TUNNEL Patrols arrived, and he said can't stop here to do, we will have to tow it out if can't move, then the mechanic said, he can do it on the spot nvm, so the patrols told me to drive up ahead to their office on the left. Did that, and found out that one of my radiator hose was leaking due to a small hole.

So, he tried to cut the lubang part since is quite near where it is attached to, but still can't work and water still can leak out. So he ask me to change new one, okay fine I say how much if u r gonna change for me? Do u have the parts now? He say no, he go back to his Sg.Besi workshop to buy. Like I said his pronunciation is bad and I heard less than RM15.

He went off to get it and the SMART Patrols, told me, if we have arrived before these kind of ulat arrive, we would have ask them to go off, since we arrived and he was already meddling with your car, we thought u agree to let him repair so we didn't say a thing.

In future, just tell them you already called a tow truck or a friend is already on the way to help, refuse any offer by these scavengers, some can really slaughter you a lot.

I told them, He ask me to ask you guys that u sure know him. The patrols said we know all this ulat, is not the 1st time. Normally we chase them away.

Shortly after....

He came back and show me the price stated RM30. I straight ask him "you cakap RM15 earlier!???"
He say no, I say less than RM50. Okay fine. Then he say he also brought me a new clip.

Then I keep saying thank you for your help. (Hoping he don't charge much)

Then, he say k la but you give a bit of "Upah" la okay. I say okay, the RM50 you no need to return to me. Then he was like "Huh!? Takkan you nak bagi i RM10 saja." Then I thought, oh! So the clip is RM10 pula which I did not ask u to buy?"

Then I say, "Sorry, I took out my wallet and I show him that RM50 is all I have." But he was not satisfy yet. I say how much should I give you extra then? He say "Suka hati la"

He say, I also need to belanja the Patrols some drinks. (excuses) Wanted to shoot him up but best not to cause so much drama. I say fine I give you another RM30 that's all. Is it okay!? My tone this time is much more firm than being nice and he start to be soft spoken a bit.

He say, give a bit more la can?

I say, How much do you want now!? Must give you RM50 baru okay is it!? I say I drive kancil only, how much do u expect I can afford to pay. I adi no money! I say I just give you RM40 that's it.

Then he say okay okay okay. Cuz I'm only prepared to just give him RM50 for his effort to go back to shop to get the radiator hose and his small help.

I had to withdraw the extra from ATM since RM50 is all I have left in the wallet, he followed me to the Petronas at Sphere there. Pay him, and I show him, "You see for yourself. My car is still overheating" He got puzzled and do not know why. I think this fellow also just half past six.

Moral of the story:

1) Don't Panic.
2) Stay in the car, make a call for help and never get down from the car or entertain any strangers offering for help (especially girls)
3) Reject all offers from strangers who try to offer their help. (Especially those who claim he/she is a mechanic/tow truck company) just say, my friend is on the way or I had already call the tow truck.
4) Highway Ronda's are okay to let them help as it is their duty to help any car breakdowns.

Here are a few examples of unlucky ones who got conned more than RM100. According to the Patrol Rangers, some just pour water for them already want to charge RM50. Got one kena before.

Watch out "friendly" tow service!

MAHAGURU58: PLUS Highway Auto Breakdown Workshop Scam! GS Automobil Enterprise..

Sorry for the long winded post. But just summarizing what I had experienced and I hope non others would kena. I have heard of such cases before, which is why I only ready to just offer RM50 as thank you. Is not much but then we just wouldn't want such people to con others who are not aware. They did not state the price when they help u.

Be careful guys. Never Panic, that's where you would accept any help from even Tow Trucks.
For girls, stay in the car, or if late at night, be it guy or girl, best stay in the car or risk getting robbed or kidnapped :driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
that's y must always keep spare water in the car just incase. at least the water enough to get u to the nearest petrol station or any shopping mall where u could park your car safely & call frens for help.

his case usually happens at R&R seremban. so becareful.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
that's y must always keep spare water in the car just incase. at least the water enough to get u to the nearest petrol station or any shopping mall where u could park your car safely & call frens for help.

Ya, pop up to check and see what is wrong, since car is too hot, I couldnt start the car. Thought open up and let it cool down and I have 2 bottle of waters in the car. Just that this fellow just straight came helping without even me asking him to help.

Nvm, at least I know, there are good samaritans but then when car breakdown, best to get people who we can trust only. Strangers I dunno him, he dunno me. :driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
moral of the story if u know that he is gonna con u, just tell him to follow u to the nearest ATM but head towards the highway & floor your pedal to the max.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
moral of the story if u know that he is gonna con u, just tell him to follow u to the nearest ATM but head towards the highway & floor your pedal to the max.
Kancil still overheating. If it was my kelisa or Jetta. I adi sped off :rofl:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
same thing when i face tyre puncture.
there is this guy offering to help me change a tyre puncture.
suddenly when all complete ask for upah and its rm50!

after a few minutes of debate i have to pay rm30 or was it rm40.
this was a long time ago.

btw i already loosen one nut.
i am able to do it myself.
and this happen at federal highway, if i want help, i would've called for highway patrol...and its free.

so lesson learnt, becareful on people who offer to help.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
same thing when i face tyre puncture.
there is this guy offering to help me change a tyre puncture.
suddenly when all complete ask for upah and its rm50!

after a few minutes of debate i have to pay rm30 or was it rm40.
this was a long time ago.

btw i already loosen one nut.
i am able to do it myself.
and this happen at federal highway, if i want help, i would've called for highway patrol...and its free.

so lesson learnt, becareful on people who offer to help.
Actually, I learnt that, best is reject those offers. Wait for highway patrols. If they insist want to help, tell them straight, if you want to help, I ain't have any cash to pay you. If he is doing it sincerely, he will continue, if not, he would just back off :smile:

Anyway, we don't know them and they don't know us, if they insist can just shoot them straight to the face.

But seriously, best to sign up for AAM, wait for patrols and also call friends will do. Majority of these strangers can't be trusted.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
Actually, I learnt that, best is reject those offers. Wait for highway patrols. If they insist want to help, tell them straight, if you want to help, I ain't have any cash to pay you. If he is doing it sincerely, he will continue, if not, he would just back off :smile:

Anyway, we don't know them and they don't know us, if they insist can just shoot them straight to the face.

But seriously, best to sign up for AAM, wait for patrols and also call friends will do. Majority of these strangers can't be trusted.
Yes, i now practice decline firmly.

if answer its ok, takpe...these guys will act like they reallyyyyyy wanna help out.

however there are a few good guys out there.(yes, i have received sincere help from them.thanks alot to these strangers...)
but this experience teaches me alot...

i never tot change tyre would be rm50. :banghead: rm10 is wat i was willing to give sincerely.
back then was only student...

i now have road warrior by allianz.fast and effective.
it was mainly for wife...so dat she wouldnt get into these kind of trouble.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yes, i now practice decline firmly.

if answer its ok, takpe...these guys will act like they reallyyyyyy wanna help out.

however there are a few good guys out there.(yes, i have received sincere help from them.thanks alot to these strangers...)
but this experience teaches me alot...

i never tot change tyre would be rm50. :banghead: rm10 is wat i was willing to give sincerely.
back then was only student...

i now have road warrior by allianz.fast and effective.
it was mainly for wife...so dat she wouldnt get into these kind of trouble.
Yup, got once my friend car pancit but then you won't really get scavengers in shopping mall parking lot, just afraid of robbers :rofl:

My friend's car seriously I do not know how long she have not change her car tyres, I had hard time loosing the nuts and I told the girls to watch out for any suspicious people.

Then these malay couple pass by, guy a bit meaty. Both got in their car, then decided to come down to help. He was sweating like mad as well since parking lot is hot and need lots of strength to loosen it. After it was done, I offer him a token of appreciation RM20 and he refused. He say eh, no need is okay.

Then i just say thanks a lot. I know got good ppl out there but have to WAS WAS a bit since lots of conman.

Like Danz say, just pedal to metal and run if really got such thing, just say no money and follow u nearest ATM haha!

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
I think if u guys dig far enough many years I post b4 to be very carefull when traveling around highway especially at petrol station and rest area. If possible at least 1 person standby at car watch so nobody come and poke a hole at your radiator. It's very easy for these people to poke a hole in your front rad just a long long sharp pole can d and I seen these buggers do during my times when I travel outstation.
My own personal experience is always bring those 2 tube metal gum and be prepared. Even some try to release air from your tyre or plant sum long spike to your tyre. If your car got tow service then best is straight tow, most insurance provide foc service it's much more cheaper than any of those "nice" people who come and help.
Heck even I rather buy 10 bottle of water to drive my car from rest area till my destination slow slow drive still can make it rather than letting these ulat, kuman, virus, or scammer ketuk us more. Just search more on blogs or facebook many got post those workshop and tow truck who was so good when 1st approach but when wanna give bill comes to few hundred to few thousands.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I think if u guys dig far enough many years I post b4 to be very carefull when traveling around highway especially at petrol station and rest area. If possible at least 1 person standby at car watch so nobody come and poke a hole at your radiator. It's very easy for these people to poke a hole in your front rad just a long long sharp pole can d and I seen these buggers do during my times when I travel outstation.
My own personal experience is always bring those 2 tube metal gum and be prepared. Even some try to release air from your tyre or plant sum long spike to your tyre. If your car got tow service then best is straight tow, most insurance provide foc service it's much more cheaper than any of those "nice" people who come and help.
Heck even I rather buy 10 bottle of water to drive my car from rest area till my destination slow slow drive still can make it rather than letting these ulat, kuman, virus, or scammer ketuk us more. Just search more on blogs or facebook many got post those workshop and tow truck who was so good when 1st approach but when wanna give bill comes to few hundred to few thousands.
Agree with you, they can do anything to makes it looks real. Just best to ask them to back off from the car. If really anything extra happen, just call own tow truck...

These ulat bastards is the real sampah masyarakat. If girl victim, they lagi suka, cuz usually they dont know much and they would panic if car breakdown in the middle.

That's why for girls best to stay in the car till helps come from friends, or own insurance company or highway patrols. Highway Patrols that I met is very friendly, they even waited with me afraid that these ulat will simply do things. So, just be there to keep watch.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Not only that, must learn to DIY simple stuff also. I remember he mention hose burst. I had that problem coming down from Genting many years ago. I had the electrical black tape in my tool box, so I tape up the burst area, poured in my drinking water and drove home. Next day took to mechanic, tape still holding out...:driver:

Yah! R&R areas must be careful, same as mentioned by bro. solty8...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Not only that, must learn to DIY simple stuff also. I remember he mention hose burst. I had that problem coming down from Genting many years ago. I had the electrical black tape in my tool box, so I tape up the burst area, poured in my drinking water and drove home. Next day took to mechanic, tape still holding out...:driver:

Yah! R&R areas must be careful, same as mentioned by bro. solty8...
Ya, guess I'll buy the tape as well. Will come in handy at times like this. The hole was very small.
Not sure was intentional one or what. A small cut like finger nail size but can hardly see.

But then before that, when I restart the car, there was some hissing sound, so I guess it was because of that hole, so intentional was out of my list at that time.

From today, will not let any strangers touch my car, whether is pouring water or what. Best just tow or slowly drive back to nearest mechanic.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya, guess I'll buy the tape as well. Will come in handy at times like this. The hole was very small.
Not sure was intentional one or what. A small cut like finger nail size but can hardly see.

But then before that, when I restart the car, there was some hissing sound, so I guess it was because of that hole, so intentional was out of my list at that time.

From today, will not let any strangers touch my car, whether is pouring water or what. Best just tow or slowly drive back to nearest mechanic.
Where was your car parked? Which hose burst? top of bottom?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Where was your car parked? Which hose burst? top of bottom?
My car? Parked in KL Parking lots. So, cannot be sabotage actually. Top got hole.

The top hose but it was the bottom end that attached to engine got hole. That's why he try to cut it off then attached it in.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I'm driving the Saga BLM (A) 2010. Currently suffering powerless braking problem. Let me elaborate more on this matter.

When new car the brake feels ok but not really too good. After bout 9months feeling that the ORI pad cannot stand for high heat so decided change to Bendix Titanium. After change to Bendix Titanium, cool brake feel nothing while pedal have been fully pressed. For the Bendix Titanium i believe it can withstand for higher temp but too bad its fail me too...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience