Best tyre size for EVO 7 alloy wheels on airtrek turbo help please

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
235/45R17 is too small. 245/45R17 is already smaller by 1.82%. This tyre is for his airtrek not Evo6.....hahhahaha:biggrin:
more responsive and another reason to slam the trek lower :biggrin:

mdss

Known Member
Feb 15, 2015
uk
Hi 6ue5t, yes I am an evo guy had mine for over 9 years. It a very rare evo6 extreme/zerofighter probably the rarest evo 6 of them all.
It may be for sale but I am in the uk so I don't know how you would get it to KL? lol

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Thanks for all the help guys, think I will get the 225/50/17 for the rims. Its an everyday car and want a comfortable ride.

Once again thanks for the help great forum.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi 6ue5t, yes I am an evo guy had mine for over 9 years. It a very rare evo6 extreme/zerofighter probably the rarest evo 6 of them all.
It may be for sale but I am in the uk so I don't know how you would get it to KL? lol

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Thanks for all the help guys, think I will get the 225/50/17 for the rims. Its an everyday car and want a comfortable ride.

Wow that's a rare car indeed! Sigh, not my luck I suppose. :biggrin:
Post some pictures please.

mdss

Known Member
Feb 15, 2015
uk
I may have a picture or two somewhere i will try to post them if i can find them. I rarely use the car have only done 5k miles in 9 years. Its a very rare car now so i try and keep it in the garage in a car bubble. If we had good weather llike in KL i would probably drive it more lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha, yeah Evo has always been one of my target cars coz it's simply the best bang for the buck in the automotive world! Still eyeing for E9 prices to drop more.
Never had the budget for the Evo that is why still stick to great grand father VR.....hhahahhaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Never really followed the Evos, except know it is labelled 1 to 9 then X....hhahahhaha:rofl:
Never heard of zero fighter but know of the Evo 6.5 tommi Makinen special.....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Never had the budget for the Evo that is why still stick to great grand father VR.....hhahahhaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Never really followed the Evos, except know it is labelled 1 to 9 then X....hhahahhaha:rofl:
Never heard of zero fighter but know of the Evo 6.5 tommi Makinen special.....:driver:
Yeah Evo prices are still high. Even the old III & IV are still asking around 40-50k. TME if on sale are still around 80+k, and the IX are still like 120+k. Some VII though are now dropping below 70k. You should've upgrade to the VR4 with 6A13TT, last time got 1 on sale here but the thing is that car is not available in manual.

The Zero is UK special only, that's why most people in other parts of the world would not know of it.

mdss

Known Member
Feb 15, 2015
uk
yes zero fighter/extreme is a uk only but dont compare it to a makinnen its way more special than that.
This is how it differs from a makinnen:
NO AYC, proper RS rear diff
AP racing brakes(optional but are on my car)
titanium turbo wheel
lightweight interior/recaros
magnesium 18" alloys
faster steering rack lock to lock.
zero fighter kit
ralliart hard pipe kit

here is a picture my car looks virtually identical to this:
http://www.epracing.co.uk/uploads/img_p_large/3877-extreme side skirt.jpg

hope you like it

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah Evo prices are still high. Even the old III & IV are still asking around 40-50k. TME if on sale are still around 80+k, and the IX are still like 120+k. Some VII though are now dropping below 70k. You should've upgrade to the VR4 with 6A13TT, last time got 1 on sale here but the thing is that car is not available in manual.

The Zero is UK special only, that's why most people in other parts of the world would not know of it.
Actually the VR4 with 6A13TT is my dream car, however did not like it because of the 2.5L engine...:smokin:

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

yes zero fighter/extreme is a uk only but dont compare it to a makinnen its way more special than that.
This is how it differs from a makinnen:
NO AYC, proper RS rear diff
AP racing brakes(optional but are on my car)
titanium turbo wheel
lightweight interior/recaros
magnesium 18" alloys
faster steering rack lock to lock.
zero fighter kit
ralliart hard pipe kit

here is a picture my car looks virtually identical to this:
http://www.epracing.co.uk/uploads/img_p_large/3877-extreme side skirt.jpg

hope you like it
Nice brother.....:driver:

mdss

Known Member
Feb 15, 2015
uk
Thanks only evo i ever wanted, remember when i was 18 and there was an article about it in autocar. I am lucky i could have one so early in life, it steers like a pinball and goes pretty well too.
Thanks VR2

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I'll buy a Subbie just for the noise it makes. Otherwise the 4g63t is easily tunable to extract more power

mdss

Known Member
Feb 15, 2015
uk
I have owned lots of subarus over the years, turbo2000 impreza uk, turbo2000 ppp, impreza P1, legacy gtb and a legacy b4 rsk.

For me the p1 was the best, that was basically a uk version of the type r version5/6. If i had to have one to use every day it would be the B4 rsk it was simply brilliant and very comfortable and well equipped compared to impreza's.

However evo's and now the airtrek turbo are a cut above any subarus. the 4g63 engine is on another level compared to subaru engines, far more durable in standard form IMO. The only downside compared to subarus from my experience is that mitsubishi's are far more prone to rust than subarus.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have owned lots of subarus over the years, turbo2000 impreza uk, turbo2000 ppp, impreza P1, legacy gtb and a legacy b4 rsk.

For me the p1 was the best, that was basically a uk version of the type r version5/6. If i had to have one to use every day it would be the B4 rsk it was simply brilliant and very comfortable and well equipped compared to impreza's.

However evo's and now the airtrek turbo are a cut above any subarus. the 4g63 engine is on another level compared to subaru engines, far more durable in standard form IMO. The only downside compared to subarus from my experience is that mitsubishi's are far more prone to rust than subarus.
One issue from one owner is the oiling. Since boxer are flat 4 engine the oiling is not as good as the in line engine as they are like lying down....:smokin:
Better back to our tyre topic....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
One issue from one owner is the oiling. Since boxer are flat 4 engine the oiling is not as good as the in line engine as they are like lying down....:smokin:
Better back to our tyre topic....:driver:
Tire topic is finished already coz he's going to follow our suggestion to get 225/50/R17. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The condition of the car wasn't too bad, it had your daily dirt and grime, paint was also heavily waterspotted and lacked depth and clarity. Lots of Random Deep Isolated Scratches (RIDS) as well. First job was to clean the wheels, or hubcaps in this case, tyres and wheel wells. Tyres were scrubbed twice with Osren Multi Clean(diluted 1:1), hubcaps and wheel wells cleaned with Osren Degreaser FX(diluted 2:1)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience