Best Sport Rims Off Set For Inspira?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well FYI Silverstone is lousy tires! That's why you feel no traction. :biggrin:

The nut should not be the problem with balancing. It's the tires or the rims or both. Your rims also a copy/imitation vossen so quality is questionable.

16x7.5jj still got some but 8jj more rare. Or just use 16x7jj also can with 225/55 tires.

JACKY CAR

Sep 30, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

The nut should not be the problem with balancing. It's the tires or the rims or both. Your rims also a copy/imitation vossen so quality is questionable.

16x7.5jj still got some but 8jj more rare. Or just use 16x7jj also can with 225/55 tires.
Thanks and good to know 16'inc rim with 7jj also can fit 215/45/16 tire, will look forward at Klang H2O, hope can get some good offer rim and tire.:driver::driver::driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks and good to know 16'inc rim with 7jj also can fit 215/45/16 tire, will look forward at Klang H2O, hope can get some good offer rim and tire.:driver::driver::driver:
215/45/R16 is way too small! I suggested 225/55/R16 in the above which is much bigger diameter.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Both got the point, as i just buy a better grip tire will save cost for changing rim.

but i was also thinking as your suggest find 16inc rim, with 7.5~8jj i had not idea can found it or not, feel like rare in market.

now with my 17inc 215/50/17, the tire using Firestone was no traction, with 4 finger high, body roll too much, enter corner like a van, and even after balancing by 160km/h will get shaky feel, refer to below my rim, IS IT THE NUT also make shaky balancing wheel suck? i don't trust the small hole with this type of after market rim nut.

Help take a look and suggest.

Thanks,
So, your tyres now are 215/55R17 or 215./50R17? First you post 215/55R17 now 215/50R17 so it hard to recommend or recommend wrongly if you give us wrong info...hahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

He mentioned Firestone tyres.....hhahahhahhaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Bro. 6UE5t and myself keep telling you 215/45R16 is too small already, but you still insist on this size?
Using smaller diameter tyres your wheel arch will have more space means more fingers between car and tyres. To reduce this keep original tyre size then use adjustable suspension to lower the car...:driver:

JACKY CAR

Sep 30, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
So, your tyres now are 215/55R17 or 215./50R17? First you post 215/55R17 now 215/50R17 so it hard to recommend or recommend wrongly if you give us wrong info...hahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Bro. 6UE5t and myself keep telling you 215/45R16 is too small already, but you still insist on this size?
Using smaller diameter tyres your wheel arch will have more space means more fingers between car and tyres. To reduce this keep original tyre size then use adjustable suspension to lower the car...:driver:

Thanks Guys, now i got more support ideas, good to have this.

(1) 225 tire with 16inc rim, will try to find out more with tire shop.
(2) Absorbed will try out Proride with sport spring first, i found out from Proride FB, it was not really that low, i think should be ok for me. adjustable (Gap SS, HWL) i try it on other cars before, this range really too hard feeling for me, for track use will be ok.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

From his photo obvious now that it's 215/50/R17.

Oh ya Firestone, not Silverstone! :biggrin: Well Firestone should be decent unless he got the low end ones also.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks Guys, now i got more support ideas, good to have this.

(1) 225 tire with 16inc rim, will try to find out more with tire shop.
(2) Absorbed will try out Proride with sport spring first, i found out from Proride FB, it was not really that low, i think should be ok for me. adjustable (Gap SS, HWL) i try it on other cars before, this range really too hard feeling for me, for track use will be ok.
If you want to play with the height and gap between the tyres and wheel arch, I suggest you get the adjustable suspension then you can adjust the height and/or gap you want. Lowered springs are fix length. If too low or not low enough that is it.
I would suggest you keep at 17", get better tyres and adjustable suspension.....that is me lah!:driver:

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

From his photo obvious now that it's 215/50/R17.

Oh ya Firestone, not Silverstone! :biggrin: Well Firestone should be decent unless he got the low end ones also.
Oh yah! the photos show the size....:adore:

Firestone now belongs to Bridgestone, but the thing is in BS Malaysia website only have 4x4 and truck tyres. Passenger car tyres could be parallel imported....:hmmmm:

JACKY CAR

Sep 30, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
wOw... I was thinking FireStone is something like China tire which never knew this brand before.

this tire was last owner pass down to me, is new tire which production date 0114, i dare not try on high speed corner, because just scare on treawear 260.

Ya, to down size for 16inc rim, main point is my petrol consumption high and low pick up, that why 16inc rim may have better pick up power. but i can;t say my point is 100% good.

Now my CVT pick up for 1 to 3 gear was not better then Vios (A). Maybe let go to check on my A/F tune and Gear shifting tune, if this can improve my consumption and power, may follow what Vr2Turbo advice.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
this tire was last owner pass down to me, is new tire which production date 0114, i dare not try on high speed corner, because just scare on treadwear 260.
It doesn't work that way. Grip depends on rubber compound and surface area that's in contact with the road. The type of sidewall you have also affects the performance of the tyre. Treadwear high doesn't mean anything except for how fast it wears. Michelin PS3 is one of the best gripping road tyres you can buy and the treadwear is above 200.

Ya, to down size for 16inc rim, main point is my petrol consumption high and low pick up, that why 16inc rim may have better pick up power. but i can;t say my point is 100% good.
Instead of downsizing, why not consider buy lightweight instead? Inspira with anything smaller than 17" looks weird. Enkei RPF01 if you can afford it is super duper light even for 17"/18" and that'll definitely help your acceleration.

Now my CVT pick up for 1 to 3 gear was not better then Vios (A). Maybe let go to check on my A/F tune and Gear shifting tune, if this can improve my consumption and power, may follow what Vr2Turbo advice.
You're comparing a tank with a car la. Your Inspira is heavy and the CVT gearbox was not designed for instant power or pickup. You can't compete with a Vios in acceleration. Kinda like how you'll get thrashed by a Myvi in acceleration also. I think a fair comparison for you is the Nissan Sylphy. Vios is too lightweight and the gears are pretty short compared to your CVT.

Eh wait... I forgot to mention, 1.8 manual I think can give the Vios a run for its money. Transplant!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Tread wear 260 is actually pretty low already, but yeah it doesn't always mean it will grip better. PS3 has a tread wear of 320 and grips very well. But most good performance tires usually have low 300 or lower, I'm not aware of any above 360 tread wear.

Yeap, RPF1 is an awesome rim but for 17' be prepared to pay at least around 2k for used ones! (many are selling between 2.5-3k). Be careful not to get cheated also coz got so many fakes. So if combined with decent performance tires, you'll be looking at around 4-5k spending already. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

If you want to play with the height and gap between the tyres and wheel arch, I suggest you get the adjustable suspension then you can adjust the height and/or gap you want. Lowered springs are fix length. If too low or not low enough that is it.
I would suggest you keep at 17", get better tyres and adjustable suspension.....that is me lah!:driver:

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Oh yah! the photos show the size....:adore:

Firestone now belongs to Bridgestone, but the thing is in BS Malaysia website only have 4x4 and truck tyres. Passenger car tyres could be parallel imported....:hmmmm:
Firestone is quite popular in the US.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
wOw... I was thinking FireStone is something like China tire which never knew this brand before.

this tire was last owner pass down to me, is new tire which production date 0114, i dare not try on high speed corner, because just scare on treawear 260.

The China stone is Rockstone....hahhahha:rofl:
Korean is Roadstone, many get confused....:confused::rofl:
Malaysia is Silverstone
Japanese is Bridgestone
and Firestone is US but now belongs to Japs....

Yup, as bro. Izso mentioned traction not by treadwear. Category an model of tyre are more important.

As for pick up, smaller rims does not represent better pick up. With smaller rims you will have to compensate back with tyre height therefore overall diameter is still the same, that is why 215/50R17 becomes 225/55R16

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Firestone is quite popular in the US.
A while back there was some recall on their tyres....:smokin:

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The China stone is Rockstone....hahhahha:rofl:
Korean is Roadstone, many get confused....:confused::rofl:
Malaysia is Silverstone
Japanese is Bridgestone
and Firestone is US but now belongs to Japs....

Yup, as bro. Izso mentioned traction not by treadwear. Category an model of tyre are more important.

As for pick up, smaller rims does not represent better pick up. With smaller rims you will have to compensate back with tyre height therefore overall diameter is still the same, that is why 215/50R17 becomes 225/55R16

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

A while back there was some recall on their tyres....:smokin:
Hmm Silverstone should've been the British 'stone'
Malaysia 'stone' now should've been Protectstone. :rofl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UHaU9TyizE

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmm Silverstone should've been the British 'stone'
Sorry, Silverstone now owned by Toyo....:rolleyes:
Dunlop also gone liao. The brand is owned by Goodyear in Europe, North America and Australia and in Asia and Africa by Sumitomo and India by different owner

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

frenz....

i need to know about how much market selling halfcut for 4G92 MIVEC....??

anybody know??
the prize will include what parts??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience