Best route from KL to Kuala Terengganu

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Dear learned fellow forummers,
I am needing your opinions on the route to choose to travel to Kuala Terengganu, either route 3 or 14 after the East Coast Expressway. I am travelling with my family for a few days, departing KL @1 or 2am and plan to catch the spectacular sunrise at Marang beach. I am not familiar with the road conditions there and a safer and comfortable route is preferred. Time is not critical because I can choose to depart earlier if chosen route takes longer time. Anyone familiar with that please advise.

Attachments

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Take the shortest. The time is midnight.
Gonna be scary and fun.
Tell ur family members to accompany you.
Don't let them sleep.
I don't know which route but i use the karak way then all the way straight only.
Btw, go Sungai Lembing. U can catch the sun pointing to the waters and take pic with it. :biggrin:

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
Just avoid the jerangau jabor road..unless u traveling in a pickup..the road is terrible..nothing much to look at except palm oil tree.theres even one strecth of road where there are only layeredby stones..if i were u i will pick the first route..

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Take the shortest. The time is midnight.
Gonna be scary and fun.
Tell ur family members to accompany you.
Don't let them sleep.
I don't know which route but i use the karak way then all the way straight only.
Btw, go Sungai Lembing. U can catch the sun pointing to the waters and take pic with it. :biggrin:
Well, only my 2 kids and wife. tell them don't sleep is like telling a pig not to eat. I will be on my own all the way so gotta get enough rest before the journey. That's why I want a better condition route.

Just avoid the jerangau jabor road..unless u traveling in a pickup..the road is terrible..nothing much to look at except palm oil tree.theres even one strecth of road where there are only layeredby stones..if i were u i will pick the first route..
You mean there are only oil palm plantations and jungle all the way? From the map itself it look so. But this route is shorter.

Last edited:

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
take the coastal road,seriously dont take the oil palm road,theres nothing overthere. Maybe pontianak will acompany you along the road.hahahahaha.
And the road condition is just terrible. If i drive my car, everything will fall off, including the engine.

hey, pit stop at teluk chempedak.24-7 restaurant. the most happening beach in malaysia(I guess) MCD got, KFC got, Burger King also got,Shisha...chicks.rempits.owh and also night market.haha.

from kuantan to kuala terengganu, u can see some fireshow at paka(if your driving here at night)

or if you want to have breakfast or lunch,i'll suggest hai peng kopitiam in kemaman.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Dont think its safe to drive in the trunk winding roads there especially in the wee hours of the cool sleepy morning....

A lot of sleepy heads driving at that time...

This includes trailer drivers lorry drivers, bus drivers...

Why not drive in the morning instead?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
take the coastal road,seriously dont take the oil palm road,theres nothing overthere. Maybe pontianak will acompany you along the road.hahahahaha.
And the road condition is just terrible. If i drive my car, everything will fall off, including the engine.

hey, pit stop at teluk chempedak.24-7 restaurant. the most happening beach in malaysia(I guess) MCD got, KFC got, Burger King also got,Shisha...chicks.rempits.owh and also night market.haha.

from kuantan to kuala terengganu, u can see some fireshow at paka(if your driving here at night)

or if you want to have breakfast or lunch,i'll suggest hai peng kopitiam in kemaman.
Pontianak? Huhuhu leave it to the zth ghosthunters.
Half time stop would be at Srijaya R&R, so would bypass Kuantan especially Teluk Cempedak.By the way I didn't know restauants in Chempedak beach open 24/7 that's really cool. And what fieshow at Paka?

Dont think its safe to drive in the trunk winding roads there especially in the wee hours of the cool sleepy morning....

A lot of sleepy heads driving at that time...

This includes trailer drivers lorry drivers, bus drivers...

Why not drive in the morning instead?
Thank you for pointing out thing that I missed. I will watch out.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Pontianak? Huhuhu leave it to the zth ghosthunters.
Half time stop would be at Srijaya R&R, so would bypass Kuantan especially Teluk Cempedak.By the way I didn't know restauants in Chempedak beach open 24/7 that's really cool. And what fieshow at Paka?

Thank you for pointing out thing that I missed. I will watch out.
Last time at 2-3am no cars at all.
Whole stretch only 2-3 cars.
Look out for a yellow volks. :rofl:

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
srijaya RnR?where got RnR Srijaya.or you going out from the highway?
why Srijaya?theres nothing there,seriously,better buy potato chips or bread at Petrol Station Temerloh (Shell) and pitstop at kemaman, but the a lil expensive as a lot of org minyak(oil and gas) overthere.

Owh what i mean fireshow is the oil refinery at paka, it can be seen may from 5km away(at night).

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
srijaya RnR?where got RnR Srijaya.or you going out from the highway?
why Srijaya?theres nothing there,seriously,better buy potato chips or bread at Petrol Station Temerloh (Shell) and pitstop at kemaman, but the a lil expensive as a lot of org minyak(oil and gas) overthere.

Owh what i mean fireshow is the oil refinery at paka, it can be seen may from 5km away(at night).
sorry it should be Gambang R&R.
After highway is it better go through Kemaman than head along coastal road? Or straight to coastal road without going to Kemaman?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Side Signal Lamp

How to make it always on when the lights is turn on (GEN 2)?
Is the modifying need to take out the entire side cover of the car?

Third Brake Light Strobe

How to make a light flashing when we brake ?
How to install it ?

Wiper Wasehr Lamp

How to take out the old one ?
How to install it ?

Thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience