Best of the best engine oils

nw111

Known Member
Feb 13, 2018
Terra dei Motori
Lubrex? Lubrax (Petrobras product) I know la. Maxxoil sounds like a sketchy snake oil product (I heard they actually are).

Last edited:

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
I have owned 2 cars in my lifetime, and they are both really old, yet I have never ran engine flush in any of them.
u lejan the engine already flushed out the carbon.

• Haha
Reactions: alcyon

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Deng ask here also kena say I promote brand

Never heard of thats why ask what. If I can find some previous reviews also won't be posting here ady lah
Dey... can't blame us for being suspicious la. Hahaha.. your first was "Anyone tried Lubrex" mah... Next time start off with "I want to turbo charge my Vios" hahahahah

Incidentally, there a tonnes of oils out there that claim the world but most are not even certified in API and/or TUV certified which makes them suspect. Like how Torco for a time wasn't API certified but they seem to be now which is a good thing. The reason why this is important is TUV and API do random audits to ensure what the claims are from the oil is true or false.

Also if you really want to try oil claims it's quite easy. So far there's only a small handful of brands that I properly trust with their claims, other brands are just average everyday car runners which is only good for their price

Reactions: alcyon

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Change oil on time no need flush loh. Can also flush with single grade lighter oil or HDEO.......
Only a small group of people like you is crazy to use HDEO in your cars regularly....

Besides, if you use good enough oil with good detergents, you never need to flush.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I flush once a while when I remember, like maybe once every 20k or 30k km. I use flushing agents which has lubricating properties. So far I have only used 2 brands, Gold Eagle which is regularly sold at ACE Hardware, and Chemlube which I bought once at Kegani Racing. I don't use those cheaper ones like STP or those inside a tin can coz I cannot see how they look like (coz most is like kerosene with no lubrication).

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Only a small group of people like you is crazy to use HDEO in your cars regularly....

Besides, if you use good enough oil with good detergents, you never need to flush.
I posted to flush with HDEO, if he crazy enough like me then can use the HDEO full time......hahhahhahahhaa

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Diesel engine oil.
I used it once on my Waja.
Was during time Tesco still sell Total.

Quang

Dec 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm with such price might as well get more trusted big oil brands like Shell which can easily buy at Giant for under rm100.
Just wanted to try out only. Since it comes along with labour, oil filter and engine flush. If nothing significantly better than I'll switch back to Mobil/Shell

But so far FC is better than Mobil. I could hit about 15km/l, previously only 12-13. Could it be because I've flushed the engine?

Been awhile since the last I've used Shell. I'll get that on the next service.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone explain? y?

as i noe its due to :
1) oil pump (faulty)
2) insufficienet engine oil

wat other causes??? anyone noes?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience