Best of the best engine oils

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
When do you decide to change -w30 to -w40?

My car is now 76k mileage, I run penang KL once/twice a month, averages 2000 km a month
depends on your car and engine. Modern engines were designed with lightweight oil in mind and there’s no need to switch. Tolerances in manufacturing is much better these days versus 20 years back.

For example the 4G** and EJ** are very old engine designs.

Quang

Quang

Dec 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Anyone here used Lubrex before?

Heard that it's made from hot climate country (UAE) for hot climate country (Malaysia) lol

Brand is fairly new. Only noticed it this year and slowly more shops are taking up. Though the amount of shops offering it's still very low.

Attachments

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Heard that it's made from hot climate country (UAE) for hot climate country (Malaysia) lol

Brand is fairly new. Only noticed it this year and slowly more shops are taking up. Though the amount of shops offering it's still very low.
I am not interested in the lube.
I am more interested on the pic which is an ad for the oil by a tire shop somewhere in Jalan Putra.

Its curious to me as when i google the lube, all the images shown are not related to promo by any shop. Its puzzling as to how you acquire the image...unless u yourself own the image or get it from the source or its your....
I could be wrong.

Reactions: alcyon

alcyon

500 RPM

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur

What for try such a brand ? Giant already has name brand shell syn on sale, can buy with confidence, no point to buy all these new brands that are about the price of those shell from Giant.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

You do realize you only have 1 post and the only post you shared is this meaning more than likely you're just doing advertising for the brand that no one has ever heard of amongst the sea of multiple oil brands out there that have not been tested or tried.....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Oil where got for hot or cold climate, oil heat range follow viscosity mah......lol

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
You do realize you only have 1 post and the only post you shared is this meaning more than likely you're just doing advertising for the brand that no one has ever heard of amongst the sea of multiple oil brands out there that have not been tested or tried.....
aiya... just be transparent and said "I'm carrying this brand... interested to buy?" kao-tim lor... now, sounded more fishy with a dishonest distributor. sigh...

Reactions: Izso

Quang

Quang

Dec 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
why all off offended one lol

A simple Google search of "Lubrex engine oil review" and you can vividly see the picture there lah

And no. Not rich enough to start own engine oil reselling business. Still a small kuli in a small IT company :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Quang

Quang

Dec 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Exact same post/question in LYN forum sometime ago which I commented that the name sounds more like a sex lube!
Didn't feel like it sounded like one until you said it lol

Been using Mobil lately, now tried it let's see how it goes. Since it came for a free engine flush (though it's not that much of useful)

Quang

Quang

Dec 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Deng ask here also kena say I promote brand

Never heard of thats why ask what. If I can find some previous reviews also won't be posting here ady lah

alcyon

500 RPM

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Deng ask here also kena say I promote brand

Never heard of thats why ask what. If I can find some previous reviews also won't be posting here ady lah
There were plenty of cases of ultra new members suddenly posting this and that about promoting or asking about certain products and then somebody else who is also totally new saying that product is good..so you can see why us long timers feel very suspicious. That being said, most of us are not interested in such "new" brands, and quite suspicious of such brands too. Like I said, there is no need for us to try any of these new brands when we can get name brand oil from Giant , at the same or cheaper price than high end offerings from Lubrex, or MIZU, or MAZ Lub, or KIXX or Bio Ray etc... It is highly unlikely for such new brands to discover something new that the big oil companies did not.

Quang

Quang

Dec 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Oil where got for hot or cold climate, oil heat range follow viscosity mah......lol
Hm... True also.
There were plenty of cases of ultra new members suddenly posting this and that about promoting or asking about certain products and then somebody else who is also totally new saying that product is good..so you can see why us long timers feel very suspicious. That being said, most of us are not interested in such "new" brands, and quite suspicious of such brands too. Like I said, there is no need for us to try any of these new brands when we can get name brand oil from Giant , at the same or cheaper price than high end offerings from Lubrex, or MIZU, or MAZ Lub, or KIXX or Bio Ray etc... It is highly unlikely for such new brands to discover something new that the big oil companies did not.
No worries. Totally understood as I came from other forums as well. Previously created this account because of having the urge to turbocharged my Vios or swap a 4AGE BT, and thought of seeking some advice here. But then in the end didn't happen.

Anyway, I'll see how it goes with this Lubrex. If nothing significant then I'll just go back to Mobil or Shell. Cause they got those marketing gimmick like what nano crystal stuff like how MaxxOil marketed their oil previously.

Btw, anyone used Fosser?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was requested by my GF's parents to buy her a bottle of headlight restoration "potion" last week and i was thinking..."Does those 'potions' really work?" i dont think so...

since they are my coming soon relatives.. i decided to give them a free restoration, since ive never tried it before on other people's cars so it would be kindof a challenge and also an experience. which turned out amazing!

Today's Dr. Restoration's prescription
ONR NO Rinse Wash
OPT Hyper Compound
OPT Hyper...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience