Best of the best engine oils

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I will stick with the GIANT stock shell. Not gonna risk my engine with a backyard brand like MIZU which sounds like a soup. This MIZU brand is API certified according to API website, but yeah I rather stick with Euro Shell.
LOLLLLL MIZU sounds like soup hahahaha

Reactions: alcyon

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
This also not a fake oil. They are locally blended. As of now I will take the risk. It should be no problem as long change 7k to 8k interval.
not fair to claim that its a fake cause its their own brand, not a fake of another brand, so noone her eis calling it a fake. We just wont know of its origins.

I will ask you this, you want to save 20-30 bucks on your oil when shell, a well known reliable oil is available for less than 90? Its your call man, but ill stick with whats proven.

JTX also had(technically has) many positive reviews... till shit hit the fan that is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6UE5t and alcyon

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
This also not a fake oil. They are locally blended. As of now I will take the risk. It should be no problem as long change 7k to 8k interval.
Oil is cheap, engine and labour is expensive. Best is to go with reliable oil with proven reliability. Most of the times engines failed or seized due to the quality of oil used and also change interval. After 8000 km nothing happened, that is normal because the damages might be collective, the accumulated damages might come with every change. The next thing you cannot save is OIL FILTER. That is the only thing that protects your engine from metal shavings and debris in case the MIZU oil is not lubricating enough and starts eating up your engine internals.

Myself i used Addinol Fully Syn together with Bluechem oil conditioner which helps condition all the rubber seals in the engine. Up until now, engine is very rev happy and ready to go on my foot command. At low rev, it purrrss quietly and very minimal engine vibrations, from a 4 cyl engine somemore.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
not fair to claim that its a fake cause its their own brand, not a fake of another brand, so noone her eis calling it a fake. We just wont know of its origins.

I will ask you this, you want to save 20-30 bucks on your oil when shell, a well known reliable oil is available for less than 90? Its your call man, but ill stick with whats proven.

JTX also had(technically has) many positive reviews... till shit hit the fan that is.
JTX by Hai O Raya, said to have metal conditioner in them......

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Save money is to go with quality oil that has additives that go for high OCI... Amsoil comes to mind. That way you save on labour and more importantly, TIME!

Reactions: 6UE5t

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My logic said no but I just give a try. Done 8000km and nothing happened. Not said they are too good but hey I'm done another 2000km with fresh new mizu 10w-40.
Bro that's just your personal opinion that "nothing happened". Try doing a oil analysis test and you'll see why some of these oils are not recommended and used by people in general.

Anyway, UOA test is the best way to determine whether a oil is good or not.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Bro that's just your personal opinion that "nothing happened". Try doing a oil analysis test and you'll see why some of these oils are not recommended and used by people in general.

Anyway, UOA test is the best way to determine whether a oil is good or not.
People smoke everyday also "nothing happened"
People drink everyday also "nothing happened"

Until something does.
I don't understand this logic. But oh well, Darwin's theory of evolution works.

Reactions: Izso and alcyon

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
People smoke everyday also "nothing happened"
People drink everyday also "nothing happened"

Until something does.
I don't understand this logic. But oh well, Darwin's theory of evolution works.
Don't forget Murphy's Law, anything can go wrong will go wrong ! What we can is be prepared, do all the prevention.

Senscents

Dec 5, 2019
For me, the best of the best oil are the cheapest FS you can find that meets the vehicle manufacture's specifications.
So basically most name brand will fit the description.
The cheapest of all imo will be Shell Helix Ultra which will fulfill most basic spec which we can purchase at most hypermarket.
Yeah, sometimes the shelf are empty and when you are in luck be quick to grab a few bottles.
That's the fun part for searching high and low for the promo price of around Rm89.

Reactions: alcyon

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just doing a research on these 2 manifolds and wondering which is better.
As far as i know mivec manifold is good but its very heavy (cast iron) and hot bits is proven. Your ideas on this guys??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience