Best of the best engine oils

Quang

Dec 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Lubrex? Lubrax (Petrobras product) I know la. Maxxoil sounds like a sketchy snake oil product (I heard they actually are).
Why MaxxOil is snakeoil lol

I kinda liked their products. It did give me better mileage. But seems like since last year tutup ady

So far the worst I've used I think is Fosser? Very low mileage and felt like the car is being draggy.

nw111

Known Member
Feb 13, 2018
Terra dei Motori
Why MaxxOil is snakeoil lol

I kinda liked their products. It did give me better mileage. But seems like since last year tutup ady

So far the worst I've used I think is Fosser? Very low mileage and felt like the car is being draggy.
You know why they closed shop?

Reactions: Izso and 6UE5t

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just wanted to try out only. Since it comes along with labour, oil filter and engine flush. If nothing significantly better than I'll switch back to Mobil/Shell

But so far FC is better than Mobil. I could hit about 15km/l, previously only 12-13. Could it be because I've flushed the engine?

Been awhile since the last I've used Shell. I'll get that on the next service.
Was the Mobil of the exact same viscosity? I doubt just engine oil can give such significant difference in FC. I have owned various cars using many reputable oils for over 30 years and yet I never find conclusive evidence that engine oil can offer significant FC difference.

Another thing is I would never ever try whatever unknown oils on my cars even if I am given for free! It's because oils are chemicals where the damage can only be known when it's already too late. So I'd only use oils from well known reputable brands.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Just wanted to try out only. Since it comes along with labour, oil filter and engine flush. If nothing significantly better than I'll switch back to Mobil/Shell

But so far FC is better than Mobil. I could hit about 15km/l, previously only 12-13. Could it be because I've flushed the engine?

Been awhile since the last I've used Shell. I'll get that on the next service.
Better FC because they cheat on the actual viscosity...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone knows where to get Ferodo DS3000 brake pads in KL ?
I know where to get them in Singapore but don't want to travel so far la.
These are for AP Racing 6 pot calipers. Do let me know asap..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience