best intake manifold

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
i think is not egr valve. egr valve exhaust recirculating valve rite.
if its egr valve supposed there must be some kind of pipe "connecting" to exhaust manifold.

the valve at the intake manifold is to let the engine warm up faster by bypassing some air (idle up/increase rpm) if im not mistaken.

correct me if im wrong. havent research more at my bro's "previous" engine 4g92p. hehe..

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Maxx,
THe valve located at the intake manifold as explained by whatdamn is an EGR.
THere is no pipe that you mentioned, the head has a small port which allow exhaust to be recirculated into the intake. It is there for emission control purpose.

GT,
235whp, Garett T28.

Deacon,
65mm overbore MIVEC T/B done by a machine shop using lathe and fabricating a new 65mm throttle flap.

Oh, by the way anybody looking for GSR intake?

I've got one stashed away in my inventory.

Mine has mod with 3 auxiliarry brass fittings for bov, boost meter, boost controller, etc. or watever that needs intake manifold signal.

Last edited:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
what!!!235hp ar???wa lau.....what kind of ecu r u using joeker?i'm impress
with the power figure.ur still retain ur cc right???can u email me ur engine
pic to me joeker???want to check out ur engine.if u don't mind la.if u do,
it's ok.i understand.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
block is 1.6 4G92 SOHC.

Head is 1.6 SOHC.

Piston is 93 GSR (wish I knew about the 4AGZE semi forged bangers sooner)

Here is pic of my engine.

Pics of my car.

No stickers, no crazy bodykits, no APexi or ralliart or HKS bla-bla-bla sponsorship sticjers, just pure unadultered horsepower.

No meters, no shift lights, no fancy-smancy gadgets, just pure driving pleasure with full turbo boostings.

Engine ran on e6K.

All goodies sold to friends and car sold bone stock early last year.

Finally I realize that going very fast in a straight line is all about money.

PS : At 235whp, 4G92 SOHC engine components become unreliable. Maintainance bill become hi. Not suitable for daily drive.

Quote "with Great power comes great petrol and repair bills" unquote by Ramsing the Starkiss samseng.

Last edited:

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
fuuuuyoohh~
y sell it ler~ instead of an unreliable 230+whp u can run on lower boost and keep it around 180-200whp oso enuf edi lar..

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
eh bro what damn u had replaced ur stock intake manifold to gsr 1 edi rite?
so to be sincere can u feel/rasa the power diff b4 and after the replacement was done? i mean if single item mod.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
now that is what i called POWER....!!!

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
I stand corrected.
no worries bro.....we here to share and learn ma :top:

anyways, back to the topic regarding the GSR intake manifold and head. would i see any gains if would to change my stock 4G93P's intake manifold and cylinder head to the 4G93T's???

and also, how much $$$ would i be spending for this 2 parts?

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
westcoast,
i did not have the resources to get a pre/post dyno done, but based on feel i'd say there was an improvement, how much i cannot quanitfy. but i can tell you what i do know, based on hand calculations, the 60mm+intake manifold+extractor+apexi power intake+2.1" ID exhaust piping has only given me 10whp. now, this is before i got on the dyno and i got a shock that not only my calculation was spot on but that i was running wayyyyy too rich after 2500 rpm and it just kept getting worse towards the higher end (ie. 5000 to 6500). let's just say i'm running at an average air-to-fuel ratio of 12 at the moment. i hope to see higher figures after getting the J5 chip tuned by the end of next month.

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Hopefully you get it done well :)

Jonn

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
hahah bro whatdamn of cz i didnt ask u to quantify what is the number of whp increased as no1 could do for we r not machine i jz wana know based on 'feelings' oni..seems like the diff can be rasa then tat's not bad lah.j5 chip? replaces our stock chip? great stuff,unfortunantely cant get any of it rite here up in the north..instead of those chip stuff ( btw i duno much bout tat ) i had my machine installed wif neo.but can too feel the diff while revving higher.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey there all sifu sifus... :)
wats the differents between a VR4(200hp),vr4(220hp) vr4 RS(240hp) by the looks??..how can i noe wat type of vr4 just by the looks?...thank you all!! :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience