best intake manifold

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
if ur using the 4G93P, it does not have a distributor. therefore you adjust the ignition timing at the cam angle sensor.

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Uh actually no. 4G93P engines do have distributor cap.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
GSR intake is slighter shorter and bigger in diameter by few mm.

I've used both intakes on my SOHC 4G92.

Not sure about MIVEC 4G92, but for SOHC version, you need to machine a pc of groumet to close off the EGR jacket at the head.

My 4G92 SOHC engine was Turbocharged, so I went for biggest manifold I could find (MIVEC overbore 65MM T/B + GSR intake)

For NA engines, need to maintain V/E. THerefore, going for the biggest and shortest intake is not that good an idea (unless matched with complimenting cams, extractors, gear ratios, A/F, etc)

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
how much did it cost you to overbore your inlet manifold? and how the heck did you manage 65mm on the TB? the guys in NZ can only manage 63mm.. must be a damn pro job.

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
yo what damn ur so kind to contribute for this thread love ya!
okok i'l be waiting for ur post lah
eh if can get mivec inlet manifold as well lar..hehe.. >.<
oh oh oso measure the diff and state it on the pic thx ya koko

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
bro deacon we can adjust ignition timing on the distributor cap? izit an easy job to be done? need an experinced enuf mech to do tat? will have any harm or cons to our machine for long term? like side affects? sowee ask so much noobie here

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Umm it's the same as what i described on page 3

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
GSR intake is slighter shorter and bigger in diameter by few mm.

I've used both intakes on my SOHC 4G92.

Not sure about MIVEC 4G92, but for SOHC version, you need to machine a pc of groumet to close off the EGR jacket at the head.

My 4G92 SOHC engine was Turbocharged, so I went for biggest manifold I could find (MIVEC overbore 65MM T/B + GSR intake)

For NA engines, need to maintain V/E. THerefore, going for the biggest and shortest intake is not that good an idea (unless matched with complimenting cams, extractors, gear ratios, A/F, etc)

waa...joeker,4g92p turbo ar???how much hp u manage to achieve with ur
bot???mind sharing???what turbo r u using???

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
westcoast,
sorry for the delay, internet was down last night...but anyway, here it is.

from the pics, you can clearly see the different runner lengths and also the additional EGR runner and valve on the 4G93P intake manifold.

pls note that if you do purchase the 93T manifold, make sure you get the bracket that sits between the underside of the intake manifold and the engine block because your original one won't fit unless you machine spacers to fill in the gap in between, almost an inch between it.

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
bro what damn where is the EGR runner and valve located?
i duno c o sowee...

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
Uh actually no. 4G93P engines do have distributor cap.
actually bro, its not really a distributor cap as well, because its not distributing sparks to the plugs.

its a sensor which is mounted onto the cam inside the body of a distributor that sends the crank angle position to the ecu which then tells the coils when to fire. so i believe its called a cam angle sensor.

but if im not mistaken, the 4G93 sohc runs on a distributor, correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
ah..get it..yo bro whatdamn thanx so much lah u contribute a lot for this thread and wake up early in the morning jz to post the pic requested by me,hu u dun even know n also being patient and kind enuf to gv me the ans for my quest..thx a lot! malaysian rocks ^^

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If you look at the back page of The Sun on 16 August, can you count how many people are involved in the creation of Persona? 306! I was thinking like only 1 person...... and his/her job is to design it longer.

Joke! need so many people to make a car longer! Take a hike Proton!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience