best intake manifold

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Um. It wasn't at Speedworks it was at GT Auto. I drive a GTI with Mivec heads, static ignition 7 degrees, SAFC and a exhaust manifold to 2.3 inch exhaust.

So much for not showing off :(

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
bro whatdamn u mentioned 54mm for gsr intake manifold so may i know my ori 4g93 intake manifold is how many mm? i havent port my intake manifol and im running mivec tb on my ori intake manifold so tat means i havent unleashed the full potential of the mivec tb rite? if we i wana go for gsr head plus intake manifold will cost how much? n if i stay wif my current head n port my intake manifold will cost how much? jz give me a roughly figure will do.okay thanx ya what damn koko ^^
eh bro deacon by inlet u mean intake manifold ka? u use mivec intake manifold u mean? if use mivec intake manifold we need to port the ori 4g93's intake ports to bigger diameter like using the gsr's intake manifold? (like what bro whatdamn mentioned above)

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
oh ya bro deacon how u tune ur ignition timing? by using adjustable cam pulley? but if im running on stock cams is adjustable cam pulley necessary? unlike u running mivec head im running stock engine onli..i do have afc neo but i think tat wont tune our ignition timing rite? btw ur monster is very the powderful la broaccording to the hp u claimed..steady man

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
westcost,
the 4G93P inlet manifold has the same 54mm inlet as the GSR, but it also has a runner for the EGR system and has smaller runner outlets (~2mm smaller) than the GSR. for me, i had purchased my intake manifold and head from separate parties so it was RM150 for the inlet manifold and RM500 for the head (non-RS head). anyway, if you wanna port the manifold yourself, you're looking to spend at least RM200-RM300 to buy the tools. i already have most of the tools so to speed things up, i needed to purchase a RM22 rapid cut carbide burr. took me about 2 hrs to grind it to a rough 60mm diameter and then sand it down to 60mm (+/- 0.05mm). so it's actually quite cheap to do it all yourself, but if you've no confidence, i'd suggest you look for a machine shop or a buddy that's willing to do it for you, you're looking around the same if not less from the figures i mentioned earlier to get someone else to do it for you. but where's the fun in that! :D

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
ohhhhhhhhh icic~
eh bro what damn tat head u bought for rm500 come wif the gsr cams,valves,valve springs,retainers,cam pulley etc from gsr?? the gsr head and 4g93 head got wat diff ler other than the intake port is bigger than 4g93?

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
westcoast,
i forgot to measure the valves when i had rebuilt my engine. but it is claimed that the valve ports are slightly larger as well. the only thing that i measured was the lift of the cams and they were the same, i have no idea what was the cam degree.

just to be safe, use your 4G93P cams with the GSR head. all other items are similar from a visual inspection. remember to bleed the lash adjusters. or else you will get that irritating 'tack tack tack' noise when your engine's running.

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
hmm...tat means the 500 u spend comes with all those head stuff like cam,valves,retainers,cam pulley and all stuff tat is inside the head as well rite?
yo what damn mind to tel me what engine u running and wat mod u've done? willing to learn more from koko ^^

pifecto14

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
PJ
Can all 4g9x series intake manifold be plug and play?? How much diff in size?? Is it worth it in the first place?

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Hmm.

I think some of you misunderstood. Adjustable cam pullies not sure can adjust ignition timing but can adjust cam timing.

Ignition timing can be affected in two ways.

1. by adjusting your distributor.
2. by getting a piggy back computer to do it.

I used a mechanics arm and his wrench and a strobe light to set my ignition timing to static 7 degrees. This HOWEVER does not mean it is properly putting out its maximum amount of power, to do that you need a piggy back to sort the fueling and the ignition timing to get the most out of the engine.

I am using a Mivec intake/inlet manifold. But i am also using Mivec heads on my car not stock 4G93P head therefore the ports on the 4G92 Mivec engine are bigger and they match up (i'm assuming). The intake manifold of the 4G92 Mivec should be around 60mm along with the Mivec throttlebody (need confirmation on this).

Either way once i put the Intake/inlet manifold and throttle body from a Mivec in i noticed a difference but not until i re-adjusted my ignition and fueling (SAFC). I went from 141 to 150 at the wheel horsepower. If i had a full piggy back i might have seen 155 maybe ....

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
dear bro deacon
u mean the runner outlet of the inlet manifold from mivec is larger than my stock 4g93's too rite? therefore if i didnt change to mivec head can i jz plug and play without bore-ing my 4g93 head inlet port?? yea heard mivec tb is 60mm n my 4g93's stock tb is approximately around 54mm but i jz plug n play (installed mivec tb without any bore job done to my stock inlet manifold oso can wor..jz maybe havent unleashead the full potential) so far i oso can feel car got more POWDERFUL in higher revs.
oh ya deacon koko ur afc cant tune ur ignition 1 ma rite? so u mean u jz simply ask an experienced mech to set the ignition timing for u? wow u taught me sth new i havent heard any of tat and never thought the distributor could have unleash a few more extra horsepower for us too(wont mind if it's very little improvement since it wont cost us anythn to free out horsepower by tat way) heh!!

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
oh ya bro deacon what do we call that? i mean ask our mech to adjust distributor for us will do? they understand?

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
I think Whatdamn answered the questions about the inlet/intake manifold when applying a mivec tb to a 4g93p intake/inlet manifold.

Just ask your mechanic to adjust your ignition timing lah hehe.

SAFC can not adjust ignition but you will need it's help because you will need more fuel if you tune i too high.

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
bro what damn is using gsr inlet manifold while deacon is using mivec 1..so any guys out there who have pic of both the manifolds to show all of us here wat's the actual diff between this 2 stuffs? any1 willing to contribute to this thread? ^^

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Umm take a look at a 4G93P manifold it's the same as the Mivec manifold but the inside is different lah

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need to respray my car inside & outside. Has anyone here got any good recommended place where i can go?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience