Best exhaust setup for 20V Blacktop

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Guys... Just want to ask here...

I recently transplanted a Blacktop into my AE111... had few problems and really caused me some pain and money to slowly fix it. Fuel economy problem, lack of power, blah blah... I fixed part of it, but there is still one question that remained unanswered. What is the best exhaust piping size?

I know that people always say 2.3" is the best exhaust piping for blacktop. Is this 2.3" the inner diameter or outer diameter???

Right now, my setup is 2.3" outer diameter (2.1" inner diameter) from manifold till S-flow muffler. Decat. The muffler I use is just cap ayam. 2.5" diameter for the muffler.

The problem is I still do not feel that it is making enough power throughout the rev range. Early, mid and top end. Please do not ask me to mod or put e manage. What I mean by not enough power is that it is not making the amount of power a stock blacktop should make. So I want to ask here, is my exhaust setup okay?

Thank you...

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
If power is what you are after. Go Straight Flow all the way. 2.3 pipe is good already. Use only one midbox. This sort of setup is for easy revving and top end grunt - which what a 20V was designed for (make power on the higher revs). If you want low rpm power, tuned 4A-FE is a better choice

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
Veloc,

dun't waste time to do R&D, find complete set from halfcut or buy online from japan..
5zigen:- RO304, proracer,
HKS,
Apexi,
TRD,
JIC - Bullet

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
[/COLOR]
If power is what you are after. Go Straight Flow all the way. 2.3 pipe is good already. Use only one midbox. This sort of setup is for easy revving and top end grunt - which what a 20V was designed for (make power on the higher revs). If you want low rpm power, tuned 4A-FE is a better choice
Was on 4AFE before. The thing is, 4AGE blacktop has good top end but without sacrificing low end. The low end suppose to be same as 4AFE and the mid end suppose to be better isn't it?

Now my setup is 2.3" outer diameter (2.1" inner diameter), decat, only one midbox (oval midbox with same 2.3" diameter), and S-flow muffler (because i want silence).
The pipe bending is not mandrel bend, but its not as bad as crush bent. There is some dents and buldge but very minimal. Seems quite smooth. Not like those lorry exhaust pipes with a lot of waves so should be okay.

Tell me.. Anything wrong with this setup?

Veloc,

dun't waste time to do R&D, find complete set from halfcut or buy online from japan..
5zigen:- RO304, proracer,
HKS,
Apexi,
TRD,
JIC - Bullet
I know that is the best option sifu. But budget constraint ma. That's why need to ask you guys expert advise here. And I am not looking for big power. I just want it good for daily drive with occasional fun. What do you think of my exhaust setup? Can please advise? :adore:

And by the way, what is stock blacktop's exhaust size?

Last edited:

ahaw

Known Member
Apr 1, 2007
2" 1/4 / 2.25 to be exact

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Just get oem full set from halfcut. Good enough, very pleasant noise level. Actually no noise at all for me. Oem would be 2.1inch piping + mid box + s-flow end muffler. We'll talk again if this does not satisfy your desire.

Jul 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
vary hard to find discussion about bt exhaust system.

before. use standard seg exhaust. low n mid just ok n top quite ok.
ron95 rm50(23.8litre) can go 300km normal city driving.

now change 2" piping n cheap hks s-muffler n cheap bullet.
low power, mid ok, but top is bad.
ron95 rm50(23.8litre) can go only 220km normal city driving.
stress feeling now.

my stock exhaust already give free to exhaust shop...(i should listen to my friend that said only need to change the piping to 2")
maybe its time to find oem full set from halfcut like KenDiriwan said...

Last edited:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Any of you interested looking for oem set. Can pm me, i would direct you to a friend of mine that sells ton's of them in very affordable price.

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Any of you interested looking for oem set. Can pm me, i would direct you to a friend of mine that sells ton's of them in very affordable price.
I just made an REQUEST post directed to you a REQUEST "http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/toyota/209096-toyota-looking-for-parts-post-here.html"

also PM you, can't write here else kena bamboo :).

Jul 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
already found... fgk legalis-r twin muffler. very powerfull. low n mid very good. and top... try urself (awesome)...
fuel consumption is suite to power n piping size. just ok laa.
very satisfied with this 1.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Legalis R is one of the best s-flow out there for 20v. Performance wise are up to par with some of the straight flow.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Please keep a lookout for a gold/champagne colour Toyota Vios 1.5G which was stolen from a home in Happy Garden, Old Klang Road early this morning (6-Apr-09). The car is about a year old (dugong model). Number plate is WQW 7750. If anyone has even the slightest possibility of seeing this car on the road please call 012-328 7478 and inform of whereabouts and location.

Likelihood that the car has changed number plates and is probably already stripped bare. But still hoping for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience