best engine swap for SAGA FLX

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
so, the best engine swap............for Saga is actually swapping to another car.
The engine is NOT designed for performance in the 1st place.

flarery

Known Member
May 13, 2013
Johor
but i plan to go with 1.6L stoker kits conversion......just watch on youtube....look really fast.. :vroam

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Look really fast....hehehe
I have driven manual neo cps...not that fast on straight but fun on corner.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
but i plan to go with 1.6L stoker kits conversion......just watch on youtube....look really fast.. :vroam
Do in stages. Get the stroker kit fitted and enjoy the additional oomph, because the feel won't last long before you want more. Then probably can BOT from there......:biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
flarery : save yourself from the trouble of working on an automatic 1.3L. Even if you made it pop 130hp, it will guzzle gas like a 240 Volvo and already at 50% of its life duration. By the time : you can only shred the weight of the car.

or cheaper : buy yourself a throttle controller to make it a little more responsive to the torque. proton's drive by wire system generally the main reason the performance sucks. And second : the punch CVT gearbox. the laziest gearbox I've ever met. Literally you want to downshift to overtake, you have to 'punch' it with high revs.
I've heard it will fry your ecu or the throttle body computer because it keeps interfering the signals.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hohoho...i sense a top secret mod developement in process.....

on the 1.3 engine,i was expecting an improve of performance when using ron97 as its using high comp piston.what surprise me is that the performance is the same with ron95.
People see rubbish I see gem...

As a test mule for future mods? :biggrin:
Not test want to build something out of it.

can someone provide me roughly cost for this type engine conversion??

saga blm 1.6 crankshaft = RM???
saga blm 1.6 conrod = RM???
bolt on turbo kits = RM3.5k

anymore??
Beside what taikor gunners has mentioned. This is just my idea.

If you want to BOT your engine. Get the CFE block. The block is slightly different from NA block it is more sturdy and the water jackets are more IINM. dump in the 1.6 rods or if can get aftermarket rods which are stronger couple with 1.6 piston. Send the crankshaft for hardening process, fully balance it.

Or just get a halfcut CPS and swap it in...but STILL THE AT BOX HAVE TO GO!!!!

Actually maybe many don't know the 1.3 engine is very good at producing power. but you need patience and know how to extract that power out. Dyno proven (on Dyno Dynamics) with light mods...the 1.3 can output 95-97whp on a MT....I'm not joking ya....this figure is achievable with stock cams, stock ECU, stock injector, stock fuel pump....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

If you want to BOT your engine. Get the CFE block. The block is slightly different from NA block it is more sturdy and the water jackets are more IINM. dump in the 1.6 rods or if can get aftermarket rods which are stronger couple with 1.6 piston. Send the crankshaft for hardening process, fully balance it.

Actually maybe many don't know the 1.3 engine is very good at producing power. but you need patience and know how to extract that power out. Dyno proven (on Dyno Dynamics) with light mods...the 1.3 can output 95-97whp on a MT....I'm not joking ya....this figure is achievable with stock cams, stock ECU, stock injector, stock fuel pump....
Now also you have that engine, why not straight away proceed in building it?

CFE still new, so fast got halfcut? Using CFE block and internals is almost like swapping to CFE instead of BOT 1.3. :biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Not just the water jackets, the oil squirter as well to aid piston lubrication. I think. Or I got confused with other engines ahah.
But the oil squirter will have some effect on piston as its shooting upwards while piston is moving up and down.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Now also you have that engine, why not straight away proceed in building it?

CFE still new, so fast got halfcut? Using CFE block and internals is almost like swapping to CFE instead of BOT 1.3. :biggrin:
Oh yes u can find cfe block for sale.not sure if its from halfcut as its only the block.
Piston oso easy to find esp online.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
cant tell as its being sold by an eg company.

if the water jacket is different,does the normal 1.6 head will fit?
Not sure about the water jacket part.

From here, I can that there is a lot of work needed to BOT 1.3 with CFE parts. It's almost like everything in the engine needs to be changed.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

that is less 1hp from their claimed figure.
so proton dun play2 abt the power figure then.
minor mod will see it in cps territory.
i never take the cps as powerful enough on the neo,only the low end is more eager than 1.3 iafm.
on higher rev,i prefer my 1.3 iafm.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
that is less 1hp from their claimed figure.
so proton dun play2 abt the power figure then.
minor mod will see it in cps territory.
i never take the cps as powerful enough on the neo,only the low end is more eager than 1.3 iafm.
on higher rev,i prefer my 1.3 iafm.
That is wheel horsepower as mentioned earlier by Titanrev... Manufacturers usually claim figures at the crank not on wheel... If it is 95-97hp on wheel, then it should be even more at crank.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hope this is the right place to post.

I have modified a CAI system in my car.

Problem is that i was using a aluminium air host and the temperature was cold enough...

Then i gatal go change it to steel piping for the air host, 2 weeks already and i have problems :

1. The steel piping is hitting the engine chassis and its making the car vibrating badly especially during cold start-up.

2. The steel piping is also touching the radiator hose and other hoses making the air intake very hot...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience