Beams Altezza- dipstick oil level confusion

sigariga

Feb 17, 2008
Hello friends,

I juz bought an altezza. I'm checking on my engine oil level. Engine is cold & car is parked on flat surface. I'm now confused, on the dipstick got 2 different level, front side (dipstick's flat surface facing radiator) is at low level and the back side shows over max level. Which one is correct reading/ level?
Could someone enlighten me?

sigariga

Feb 17, 2008
.. for my previous car, the level is even (front & back of the dipstick), it's just like when u dip a pencil into a glass of water, by half of its length (movement is vertically straight). .. u will get an even wet level (on the pencil) all around.. :idea:

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
try wipe off the dipstick and try again, the engine oil level should be around max level when cold engine. try dip few times to get accurate.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

otherwise start the car to warm up for a few minutes, get it to optimum temperature, turn it off and take out the dipstick again, it should be reading between high and low which means the middle lar, see the rear side ie, the flat side more accurate.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

because oil level at middle when engine temp is hot equals to full level when engine is cold.regards.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It all started with my odometer getting stucked and not moving. I took apart the meter console and managed to get the odometer fixed DIY. Now my prob is that the speedometer needle no longer moves smoothly. I believe I did not re-install it back properly. I am stumped because the speedometer needle assembly has got a very small ball bearing (just one) and I am not sure where to put this. My needle would move up with increase in speed but once I am slowing down, the needle does not move...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience