B16a dyno chart - ECU swap

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
guys,
need ur opinion...
one of my fren did the dyno run to test the ecu that he borrow fr his fren.
suprisingly after he swap the ecu the hp increase by 50hp atw...
his using standard b16a engine. nothing done on internal parts.

here the chart using his spoon ecu (ori come with the hafkat)

here the chart using his fren ecu (his fren claim this ecu tuned at japan).

what do u think?

Jasper

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
www.skype.com
can see there is a/f ratio is being tune ,one is 12.9 another one is 14.+ car number also see liao lah ... heheh

SiRCRX

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
what's chipset in the ECU ?
I think this is B16A.

50 ATW by chip alone is damn HUGE gain.
If this is not a bluff .... then ... this is a farkin miracle .

Last edited:

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
seriously...this is damn hard to believe...a stock b16a with only spoon ecu increase till 185.5@186nm from [email protected] least to me it is....if only using spoon ecu...haltech microtech all bungkus kedai liao....

HanafyEG

500 RPM
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
for a stock NA engine to produce 50whp more with just a change of ecu is like a miracle man..the 8th or 9th wonders of the worlds..if this the case, i wont be needing my turbo anymore man..just buy a dc5 with 190whp change ecu i get 240whp..wow!

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
yeah... i'd have to agree, 50 extra ponies ATW for an ECU change is a miracle... its better than a cam change.... my theory is...

1) Maybe the original/first ECU had some faults, which was enough to upset the performance, but not enough to make the car not run at all
2) Dyno machine had loose screws or wiring during first run... :biggrin:

dunno ler... :biggrin:

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Sorry to bud in but, why is it that all the curves of both dynos are exactly the same? Just shifted up or down at the exact same RPM. Surely with an ECU change the a/f curve will be different?

rizal_eg9

Known Member
Jan 12, 2005
The test 4 graph is for the miracle ecu and the test 1 graph is for the spoon ecu correct?

then they must have done something in between the runs as the first graph only shows 135 horses on that ecu. I assume it is FEELS chip as the VTEC turnover point is 5800 rpm and it is running on open loop. See the a/f ratio is bloody rich at above idle. Fuel consumption must be crapped.

But 50 hp gain just by engine ecu......hmm.... i want one.hahhaha.

BTW where did he do the dyno run??

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
fyi, the original ecu (spoon) generated lower power n torque. it shown on 1st dyno chart. the second one is using the custom ecu (tuned in japan according to the owner).
do u think its dyno faulty?
i oso believe its a miracle if by just swapping the ecu u can get 50hp. atw sumore....

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
rizal_eg9 said:
The test 4 graph is for the miracle ecu and the test 1 graph is for the spoon ecu correct?

then they must have done something in between the runs as the first graph only shows 135 horses on that ecu. I assume it is FEELS chip as the VTEC turnover point is 5800 rpm and it is running on open loop. See the a/f ratio is bloody rich at above idle. Fuel consumption must be crapped.

But 50 hp gain just by engine ecu......hmm.... i want one.hahhaha.

BTW where did he do the dyno run??
sunway.

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
yes..i too find it weird that the powerband is similar between before(which i dun think is a stock B16A ECU as a stock ecu opens V at 5,800rpm)and after(spoon ecu)...as far as i know...Spoon ecu's vtec range is at 4,400rpm(yes there's a lot of different batch of spoon ecu's but all of it open vtec below 5,200 compared to wat shown on this dyno chart had shown)...ive shopped the images and layered them...the similarities is uncanny....sorry....but i still think this is fake...unless...i think we here can chip in and gather rm100 to sponsor this car to dyno in front of all of us...im sure most of us wants to see by our own eyes the miracle Spoon ECU no?ehehhe

Source

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There’s no better way to kick off the new year, automotive wise, then with the Tokyo Auto Salon (TAS), the Mecca for JDM aficionados. While we are still scheduled for weekly therapy sessions to treat the severe depression from not being able to attend TAS, Zerotohundred.com’s close friend and proprietor of Motorsport Playground, Remus, was reporting live from...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience