B14 owner club!!

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
wong sifu,
wat is FC for ur b14?
want to install safc or emanage to ur B14?
problem is not sure the workshop got our ecu diagram or not coz i see emanage user manual dont have our ecu diagram.

SentraGTS

Known Member
May 27, 2004
KL
Visit site
north - most of them dont have our diagram for most of the performance.
so they just use skyline + slyvia + cefiro diagram to match up and try 1 by 1..
my car also did that when i install safc...

Last edited by a moderator:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
sentragts,
last time ur b14 got save fuel after install safc?

Mar 21, 2008
Yaaaay,

My car getting fixed n coming out next week.....

SentraGTS, I will be stalking your engine when we yumchar in OUG, hahahaha

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
sentragts,
poison him kao kao!!
show him ur engine power!!
make sure he buy a sr20det at the end of the day.
haha.......................

SentraGTS

Known Member
May 27, 2004
KL
Visit site
north - i think it save a bit fuel when u r in low rev. high rev sure makan fuel la..

wong - my car also send to fix this week. so my car also coming out next week. i going to fix on the rear 2 pot disc brake. already done the grill.
i need 5 days to fix and spray color on both front and rear caliper.
then final job for my car..

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
sentragts,
save a bit fuel only? got 10%?
bring wong sifu go with u. then he will also send his B14 to transplant sr20det too.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
tohsan,
long time no hear from u. very busy with tan family kah?

QG16 and QG18 a lot different if u dismantle the engine.
well from the paper u can see difference in HP and torque lor.
both use difference piston lor. crankshaft pun different.
plug maybe use same one.
the rest i really dont know which part both of the engine is kongsi use liao.
FC for both is almost the same lar. better get 18 cozs more torque, the engine no need to pull the car like a buffalo.

but latio engine and sentra engine is totally different.

why suddenly ask this Q bro?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 21, 2008
Anyway, I test drove a Latio and Livina 2 weeks ago.....

Latio, 1600cc, a go-kart-around-the-city engine pulling power quite impressive.

Livina, 1800cc, interior look damn nice, like a mini-size-luxurious-estima, but pulling power not too impressive, chassis heavy, a good comfort car though....

Both is nearly 100k, difference between both in price is not much....worth the buy :D

hehehehe

NISSAN RULES ! Nothing pulls like NISSAN !

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
tohsan,
long time no hear from u. very busy with tan family kah?

QG16 and QG18 a lot different if u dismantle the engine.
well from the paper u can see difference in HP and torque lor.
both use difference piston lor. crankshaft pun different.
plug maybe use same one.
the rest i really dont know which part both of the engine is kongsi use liao.
FC for both is almost the same lar. better get 18 cozs more torque, the engine no need to pull the car like a buffalo.

but latio engine and sentra engine is totally different.

why suddenly ask this Q bro?

hello North,

biasala, always busy with my side of work. My boss is quite busy with his new business,so the existing business he leave the whole thing for me to take care. haih! si beh busy.

About the question becos some friend ask me whether they can just swap the piston thing from QG18 to QG16 so that they can have that few extra hp, so i think in term of engine wise it won't be that straight forward,sure involve a lot of technical stuffs. Since i now nut about engine stuff thats why have to ask expert like you to find outloh.

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow

Livina, 1800cc, interior look damn nice, like a mini-size-luxurious-estima, but pulling power not too impressive, chassis heavy, a good comfort car though....

Both is nearly 100k, difference between both in price is not much....worth the buy :D

hehehehe

ya Latio is a nice car to drive, I miss the boat already. Just have to be happy with my N16 what to do. Actually i prefer my N16 more than my BMW 5 series becos N16 don't have the smelly cow leather smell :biggrin:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
tohsan,

QG16DE
Bore X Stroke = 76mm x 88mm

QG18DE
Bore X stroke = 80mm X 88mm

both engine has same stroke but different bore. so 1.8 piston canot fit into 1.6 unless u rebore the 1.6 block which is not recommended. for each cylinder u need to rebore 4mm. this will make the cylinder wall thinner. and not sure how safe it is lar cozs i dont know what is the length in MM between each cylinder. normally people only rebore 0.5mm. hehe........ so there is a huge difference. in some case i do heard that the honda B16 and B18 engine can be rebore more than 1-2MM and hantam in stroker kits to enlarge the cc by a lot. but that is different engine lar.
as for the crankshaft, not so sure if 1.6 and 1.8 are using the same crankshaft. and as for the camshalf and valve, i bet 1.6 and 1.8 are not sharing the same thing. so in another word if it is possible to hantam in 1.8 piston into the 1.6 block u need a lot $$ lar. the piston maybe cheap, says few hundred for a set but the rest of the things/works is not cheap. might as well u hantam in QG18DE engine then go jpj register, sure can pass one lar, only 200cc difference. less headache also.
ask ur fren install sr16ve saja lar. easy kautin. more powerful than QG18DE. if not syok with sr16ve then hantam in sr20DET saja lar. haha..................
if not syok with sr20det then ask ur fren buy silvia S15 or GTR lar. sure syok. haha.................
u can sell ur fren a S15, 350z or GTR then u earn some commision from Tan family. hehe....................

u know sometimes it is cheaper to transplant a engine than overhaul/repair the existing engine. afterall for my b14, u can get a halfcut for my engine with gb for rm2.5k. if repair piece by piece the bill might shoot to rm5k.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005

hehehehe

yeah the latio got the pulling power better than vios.
ribenna i hvnt try yet. i always pronounce as ribenna. haha..........

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey all,
is it wise to get a short shift gear for a gsr turbo? coz i sat in a friends 4g93p and he had short shift....kinda cool oso when i tested it.he says the shifting of gear is smoother and faster lor.....is it recommendable for gsr?? or do we have to change the gearbox too?? but some says with the original gsr gear box u can drag longer?? not sure about this...anyone...help me clarify...thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience