AVANT GARDE valeraine comp set USER !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICE -In Car Entertainment

AVANT GARDE valeraine comp set USER !!

munwai

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
hahaha, among my friends, i was first guinea pig for 5.25" .... now guinea pig again ar....hmmm....think think first can ar? hahahah

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
artnet, why dont you ask the sifu the other day?

Anyway guys, i did experienced the 'aeroplane' sound but i managed to get rid of by tapping the interconnectors/RCA cables connectors/head with normal wire tapes. Else, it would be a wiring problem.

I was lucky because my system was recently tuned by one of the most important people in the building of the Valeraine system. I can feel a lot difference and the only thing i should do myself is to get the positioning of the tweeters right.

artnet

1,500 RPM
Jan 19, 2004
Sarawak
www.cardomain.com
ermm... edgar... tht day full of doubt...
but i dunno wht do i confuse of... so dunno
wht to ask... after reading the the spec...
i know it is set at 1.2 or 1.4k 24db octave.
that's why getting high staging.

one thing i forgot to do... is to test ur set with other CDs.
which isn't the CD from the package....

i don think i can use this set... coz my amp output will
be around 75watts at 14.4v. which the tweeter can take
35watts at 1.4k setting.

if i'm driving a vitz... good la.. can have 3 way component set.
the vitz can accomodate 4" on dash speaker position. tweeter
can put at corner of windscreen.. and door can cut 6", 8" should
be no problem too.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
""Anyway guys, i did experienced the 'aeroplane' sound but i managed to get rid of by tapping the interconnectors/RCA cables connectors/head with normal wire tapes. Else, it would be a wiring problem.""

How how how??? teach me...i wanna try to get rid of that sound too

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by PocketRocket@Mar 27 2005, 12:20
""Anyway guys, i did experienced the 'aeroplane' sound but i managed to get rid of by tapping the interconnectors/RCA cables connectors/head with normal wire tapes. Else, it would be a wiring problem.""

How how how??? teach me...i wanna try to get rid of that sound too
[snapback]844210[/snapback]​
i thought i mentioned it already? tapping the RCA cables head with wire tape?

menghua84

Known Member
Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
Visit site
i got aeroplane sound too.. but after i tune the gain of my amp the aeroplane sound disappears oledi.. i think its the amp problem.. too high gain i suppose

munwai

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
i din have aeroplane sound...cos when i did the installation, my car was from stock, and the installer told me he do, won't have aeroplane sound...so he pull the cables nicely etc...until now still enjoying my valeraine :)

valeraine

Nov 9, 2004
Looks like there is much confusion among the users here on the tweeter amplification requirement.

Our recommended amplification for the tweeter at 35wrms/ch is more than enough to drive the tweeter. Anything more than that will not damage the tweeter. This applies to you if the properly tuned Valeraine set is used to enjoy music in your car at any tolerable sound level by your ears.

The main reason tweeter is damaged does not relate to the amplification power rating. DC voltage is the main culprit and this can be found in clipped amplifier output. Therefore, the main concern is to make sure your gain adjustment is matched.

Some of you also worry that we crossed our tweeter at low frequency point. Let's compare the protection level with some top models of passive component set using -12dB/oct slope crossed low at 2800Hz.
Freq(Hz):......2400.....1200......600.......300......150
Attenuation:..-3db......-12db....-24db....-36db...-48db

Valeraine: -24dB/oct slope crossed at 1400Hz:
Freq(Hz):......1400.....700........350.......175
Attenuation:..-6db.....-24db......-48db....-72db

Therefore, just match the Valeraine set with any amplifier you can afford and get it properly tuned. That's all you need to do.

Ashstar

Jan 11, 2004
Reporting in! Very late coz got carried away enjoying the valeraines... :P

Got my set installed few weeks ago and ended up with aeroplane sound initially, went to another installer to re-route my wiring and persto! Begone with the whine! Depends on the trouble-shooter's kung fu as well y aknow... ;)

Nothing to shout about for my setup for time being, as I'm running on valeraine comps + normal 4ch x 50w amp with 6x9s as rear-fill. Yup, no sub for the moment... gotta save up for that HU and sub, oh dang, another amp too... pain.. ful...

Forgot to call gary to check my installation! Was busy fixing the aeroplane sound, I think my set should be reasy for "exam" now... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all sifu......

Need help here. Currently having problem with my throttle body for 4G13 engine (Proton Wira fuel injection).
REV up & down non stop (air-cond off).
REV normal when air-cond on but will be REV up & down once air-cond temp automatically cut off.
Workshop checked with the reading system said that there is 0 step. Must change new throttle body. Inside gears already replaced last year.
If, look for new throttle body. Can I use 1600cc or 1800cc throttle body from proton as...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience