Not open for further replies.
ICE -In Car Entertainment

AVANT GARDE valeraine comp set USER !!

shinchan

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
waa sure boh ?!
if like that i confirm makan ping pong biskut for 2 months !!!

so i can pay u :P
:lol:

shinchan

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
duno the mid can withstand such a power anot munwai..

i think maximum the mid can go is 100rms ?
my opinion only though :P

still.. feeding the tweets at 50rms sounds good.. i think anything above 50 will blow it .. hahah

anyway consult gary and see what's his recommendation.. maybe he will ask u to save up not to buy the amp but upgrade the active cross to burbrown chip !! (which he says cost +- 4-500)
and he claims will increase performance overall...

hey why not we make a avant garde tt ah ? :P so we can share share and see who's setup sounds nicer?

munwai

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
i heard the BurrBrown Xover upgrade liao....hehehe....i temporarily exchanged my xover with the BB Xover....SWEET!

but honestly, it got difference, but its not really apparent, because the weakpoint is in my system...meaning, i need to upgrade my own amps, system FIRST before i can get the full advantage out of the BB upgrade...so the money to buy the BB upgrade, i should use to kautim my own stuff first...

anyway, can lar, Gary did say i can use my blaupunkt...onli that, just be careful with the gains first lor..hahahaha...

currently, with my tweets and mids on my Sony 4ch..i think the sound abit sharp on the tweets, so my HU i have to lower the treble abit...

argh, 5soul, i din check the forum for some time, i missed ur T3-2600!!!!! if available again, let me know ya!!!!

5soul

Known Member
Dec 3, 2004
Hehe.. i tot is should be the other way round.. buy first then eat ping pong bisuit.. hehehe

Munwai, will update u if available again.. that one too fast. I posted price update just for a while and that guy terus confirm booking.. :P

munwai

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
basically its an upgrade for the Xover unit, change the regular op-amps to BurrBrown ones... BurrBrown got a few grades of op-amps with different prices, so u have to check with Gary...i think they still testing...i'm sure when everything is finalised, Gary will make announcement...

but from what i heard, there are more details, sound is crisper...impressive :)

munwai

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
shinchan, how is ur peerless in the enclosure u made? sound nice?

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
ok...just installed my valeraines...tuning on monday..
looks like gary's gotta remove my seat to tune.. :P

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
shin chan...glad 2 hear tat u got urself a good comp set...

i got myself avantgarde comp set also...but mine 'speacial' 1 lah...heheheh

miss my phoenix gold lah...now driving wit a cheap cheap rock a billy amp...i think mayb onli 30wattRMS :rolleyes:

i think u mean the imagining izit...like drums from the left,singer in the center then piano at the right site...?

the staging should be ok since the tweeter go down 2 1.4khz....bringing up the staging....

my system now also lacking of imaging...

ever since i got my avantgarde...i've been eating eat ping pong biscuit all the while :D

munwai

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
hmm shinny, nice enclosure, i think will do the same when i go to mega...need to improve my sub abit

pocket, what other stuff u use with the valeraine, share with us ur setup :)

fuhh Yong....what so special arrr??? i oso wan special :)

shinchan

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
yalo wui yong.. wats so special ah ? :P
share share la.. hhehehe..
it's hard to get a good imaging since avant garde focuses more on tonality...

just wanna share some of my thoughts here... since i love the tweets so much... was thinking in the future, to upgrade the mid to 6" (d-s-t's mid, DLS, MOREL) then... use 4ch amp bridged to whack the mids.. get another amp for the avant garde's tweet... get a active cross..

duno how will it sound ~ what you guys think?

munwai

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
maybe u should wait until the 6.5" valeraine come out...actually i was thinking about the same idea with some mids which were selling in forums, but then got a slight problem. u will have the old val 5.25" mids which u cannot sell off...

and maybe the mids u get have a different characteristic, so it may not match...so have to do alot of research first...cos u know lar, this valeraine set is very unique and customised...if u change one part, duno how it will affect the sound..maybe is better, maybe is not... hehe, shinchan, u try and let us know? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

After sending the car for full service, found out there is a problem with the wiring. Suspected.

1) Problem is during daytime, whenever I step on the brake, my small bulbs in the headlamp, will be turned on as well. Let go brakes, it will switched off as well. Is like acting like brake light. All brake lights working.

2) this is another weird problem. When I switch on my headlamp, all my brake lights including 3rd brake light will be switched on. Therefore, on the road is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience