ICE -In Car Entertainment

AVANT GARDE valeraine comp set USER !!

shinchan

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
I've got mine.. Have you ? :P

Finish revamping my setup...

Avant Garde - hmm... overall i think the tonality is great... love the tweets.. it's nice.. but hard to get staging right... cant seems to find the singer... it feels more like the singer is very high ... no depth on the stage.. not enough deep... hmm..
will try to play around with my tweeter position ...

menghua84

Known Member
Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
Visit site
i got mine too... overall is great man.. yup the tweets is real nice.. mayb i'll contact gary when i'm in kl to get a proper tuning with the comp set.. since i duno much about it.. hehe

munwai

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
Guys, can oso post up the rest of ur setup as well? So that we can know the overall setup :) Cos overall tonality and stuff is also dependant on all the other stuff as well...

anyway, this is my current setup:
Cheapo JVC MP3 CD HU KD-S785
Valeraines, modded Xover, (lowered the bandpass to 80Hz)
Sony XM-504X amp for Valeraines
Peerless XLS 12"
Blaupunkt PA2150 amp for the sub

all in a '95 Iswara 1.3 sedan

Problems I face:
1) Not enough midbass
2) Hard to achieve proper staging

For the midbass, here are the few things I needed to do:
1) Mod the Xover (done, but apparently not necessary actually)
2) Redo my Peerless enclosure (the enclosure is leaking)
3) Put MDF rings for my mids (now is directly mounted on door panel)
4) Change my weak Sony amp (need to whack the mids with more power, see how first)
5) Change my sub amp (need more power to control the sub properly, see how first)
6) Soundproof my front doors (unlikely to do, due to certain reasons)

For staging, you need some advice from Gary or other sifu on how to position ur tweeters to get it right...mine is about halfway there...hehe

shinchan

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
my setup

avant garde powered by 50x4 PG amp
peerless XLS powered by PYLE 400 bridged
subbox is 1cu ft using 1" wood

comp set mounted with mdf wood too..
front door soundproof...

HU Pioneer 4550

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
shinchan, u got your system revamped over at Megasound if not mistaken, rite? Including all the mountings and soundproof.

shinchan

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
grexer: yeap :) they did a good job for me..

and just got my valeraine tuned by gary... and it sounded much better ~
LOVELY ~ gonna stick to it for a while...

5soul

Known Member
Dec 3, 2004
U upgrade the HU to clarion 24bit thing then ur component will be SUPER LOVELY.. hehehe trust me :D

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Yea, I recently upgraded to 24bit HU and it sounds much better than before.

As mentioned, it lack of Midbass, and most people who audit my car said so.

Tweeters were marvelous i must say, everyone said that too, but getting the stagging right is pretty hard, I am also halfway there, last time, the stage was pretty low, around dashboard surface area, i dont know why but after lots and lots of trials and error in re-locating the tweeter position finally much better know, but still more to go.

One thing i notice is, the set is good and had the potential for sound quality, honestly, but if played too loud (SPL) the tweeters started clipping.

munwai

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
5soul is trying to push his clarion venom...hehe...even Gary ask me to get clarion if i change HU!!! VENOMM!!! LOL...

shinchan

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
yalo... his HU price very tempting !! hope nobody will rush for it..

5soul you wait for me !! i will sure buy ur HU !! :P

shinchan

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
for the midbass part , try to increase the gain level of ur amp..
it does help alot... and try not to get bias by the comments.. its a 5' mid bass thus it will have a 5' mid bass quality.. taking a 6' compared to a 5' is definately not fair...

to me, avant garde is really a good product worth mentioning.. well tats of course when the promotion price is there :P
now it's marketing at 1.1k, so they will face a much more competition already...
nevertheless, for a comp set (promotion price) nothing will beat avant garde...

munwai

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
yea, actually, if the sub is good, and got good amp to control it, it will blend well with the component and u will get some decent midbass and bass upfront...i got it halfway there....but need to redo my sub enclosure...will report the results after i take a trip to somewhere near Terminal 3 as welll...kekekek

anyway, yea, for best performance, need a good amp to whack the mids for better midbass...

i was thinking of just connecting 2 channels (non bridge) of my sony for the tweeters, and my blaupunkt whack the mids at 2x150w...then look for a nice monoblock for the peerless...good idea? :P hehehe

5soul

Known Member
Dec 3, 2004
Munwai.. very good idea.. i second that.

Sinchan.. will wait for you lah.. just hope that no one come put cash on the table with unresistable price. But actually i'm putting down the idea of selling it already, maybe just reserve it for u :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,
anyone have the measurement for arc super induction box:hmmmm:...might wanna build 1 for 4G93.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Hi all,
anyone have the measurement for arc super induction box:hmmmm:...might wanna build 1 for 4G93.
attached in sketch drawing of own version

please help give idea...filter goin to use...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience