Autofaom=Würth assembly foam?

yilmaz101

Nov 10, 2006
I was sifting through various würth catalogs trying to find information about the so called autofoam. Appearantly würth does not make any product called autofoam. They do have a two component pu foam in their US catalog, but it comes in a 7 oz mixer/injector so that is not the autofoam.....

Well it seems that würth's 1K assembly foam (item number 8921551 in the Turkish catalog) has exactly the same technical specifications as autofam as given in the autofoam website. I'm going to try and contact my local würth representetive to find out about the availibility and pricing of this item. I am thinking of foaming up my car, hopefully in the spring when the weather is a little better. It is currently -5 to -10 degrees where I live.................................

Can somebody please look up in the würth Malaysia catalog for the item number and also the name 1K Assembly foam (in Malaysian of course?).

ocphangaz

Known Member
May 24, 2006
i know that autofoam is a filler foam that expands and hardened once set.. it's normally used in construction to fill gaps and as insulator.

most basic usage can be found in air conditioning ducts in buildings.

i've seen other brands in malaysia... but haven't heard of your brand... i'll check it out in ace hardware later.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
not too sure about ur product and the item number bro...

autofoam has many types as well... some is as hard as rock, while some is soft, used as sound insulator..... those cheaper and softer autofoam usually used in bus as aircond ducts or heat insulators.... while the more expensive one (rock hard ones) are used as chassis stiffening... they inject the foam into the chassis, thus making it more solid and tougher....

yilmaz101

Nov 10, 2006
Actually I talking about the one that is known and marketed in Malaysia as "autofoam" as the generic name is pu foam, pr poly urethane foam. The rock hard one used in chassis stifenning is what I am interested in and the specs are the same as those offered in the autofoam website...

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
I've got a can of HILTI 1C Filling foam(model CF-F 750, item# 369811/5) in my house but have yet to use it coz its expired.. it was given to me so i wouldnt know the price and where it was bought but it was definitely bought in M'sia.. apparently it works the same as those body filling foams and some garage uses it too..

yilmaz101

Nov 10, 2006
From my understanding they appearantl re-lable würth foam with a locally produced sticker to make it look different. However in the autofoam website they give the product characteristics information for the foam they use. If you can find one with same water absorbancy, shear and tensile strength and same density it should in effect give the same results as the one that they apply for RM1xxx, also if you do it yourself it will come out a lot cheaper.

Oct 24, 2006
I know of Hilti's foam pretty well. Its actually meant for construction uses as mentioned earlier. However, they do sell quite a lot to car accessories shops down in JB to fill in the woofer boxes, or however its called. Its also used in the autogate control box to absorb moisture from getting into the circuits
Basically foams perform relatively the same for whatever uses. Its just a matter on its material properties such as what has already been mentioned. In my opinion, it should work fine. It basically suppose to act as a sponge for moisture and noise.

There's Hilti companies nearly the world over and because they have loads of sales people, I'm quite sure you should be able to locate them whereever you are. In KL, their contact number is +603 5633 8583.
Just try a can, should cost in the region of RM70.

Would actually try it myself once I find some time.

Opt-ion

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2006
I know of Hilti's foam pretty well. Its actually meant for construction uses as mentioned earlier. However, they do sell quite a lot to car accessories shops down in JB to fill in the woofer boxes, or however its called. Its also used in the autogate control box to absorb moisture from getting into the circuits
Basically foams perform relatively the same for whatever uses. Its just a matter on its material properties such as what has already been mentioned. In my opinion, it should work fine. It basically suppose to act as a sponge for moisture and noise.

There's Hilti companies nearly the world over and because they have loads of sales people, I'm quite sure you should be able to locate them whereever you are. In KL, their contact number is +603 5633 8583.
Just try a can, should cost in the region of RM70.

Would actually try it myself once I find some time.
Thanks alot for the information, i will try to call the up. My only question is left now is how many can would be just nice to fill up a car on all side panel and chassis...

megizs

Jun 10, 2006
wurth.. if not mitaken.. my fren is the agent of this product, and its RM 175 per can.. i'll post the details of it when i can contact my fren. the bottle is red and white, it not mistaken.i ll post up the details ASAP

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Yo dude, do pls updated us if u found the würth things...thanks...kinda interest.

I was sifting through various würth catalogs trying to find information about the so called autofoam. Appearantly würth does not make any product called autofoam. They do have a two component pu foam in their US catalog, but it comes in a 7 oz mixer/injector so that is not the autofoam.....

Well it seems that würth's 1K assembly foam (item number 8921551 in the Turkish catalog) has exactly the same technical specifications as autofam as given in the autofoam website. I'm going to try and contact my local würth representetive to find out about the availibility and pricing of this item. I am thinking of foaming up my car, hopefully in the spring when the weather is a little better. It is currently -5 to -10 degrees where I live.................................

Can somebody please look up in the würth Malaysia catalog for the item number and also the name 1K Assembly foam (in Malaysian of course?).

yilmaz101

Nov 10, 2006
Well bad news, yes autofoam is würth assembly foam, but they have taken it off of the catalog. They have a new type of foam that is basically half the density of "autofoam". The stuff that is called autofoam is a 23kg/m3 pu foam while the new pu foam in the catalog is only an 18kg/m3 foam. So it is not as hard... I am trying to find out about Sika brand foam, as it is more readily avaliable. I think I will foam up my wira this summer.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've recently installed exedy 4 puck sprung clutch kit to my 4g92. I've just reached 500KM on it. I understood that this type of clutch would be much more stiffer feeling and also it can cause the car to vibrate especially during a standstill start of in 1st gear.

after taking the car out from the workshop, it feels like expected on puck clutches. (jerks/vibrate during releasing clutch at 1st gear from a standstill). after driving it in for 400-500 KM, the clutch starts to feel much less...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience