Auto cps tranny swap to manual.

afqzhm

Mar 13, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi everyone I owns an Auto satria neo cps '09. :slug:
wanted to convert it to manual. What is the best option? (in terms of value for money)

(a) get an original manual cps tranny (how could i get hold of one? can i buy it from proton? if so, anyone knows roughly how much will it cost?)

OR (if it's possible)

(b) get another tranny that can fits? if so what are my options?

thank you in advance.:adore:

J Neo

Oct 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro.. the conversion will cost you about rm3k.. this will include all the necessary stuff such as clutch, gear oil, gear lever etc.. you can search mudah.my for the gearbox.. Good luck on your conversion..:burnout:

Mar 15, 2014
Putrajaya
hi there, i was wondering, what are the pros and cons for converting auto trans to manual one, i.e in terms of maintenance, overall engine performance etc?

thanks

afqzhm

Mar 13, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
i've asked around. really hard to find a cps manual gearbox the clutch pedal the shifter. easier to sell your auto cps and buy a manual satria neo cps instead.

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
i've asked around. really hard to find a cps manual gearbox the clutch pedal the shifter. easier to sell your auto cps and buy a manual satria neo cps instead.
for pedal set and manual shifter, you can opt for Proton Waja's manual set.i did mine using Waja parts and it's not too difficult to retrofit.

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Thank you for the response. Really appreciate it. How much did the whole conversion costs?
with the CPS gearbox..about 5k.
new clutch set..new gear knob..2nd hand engine harness..almost new flywheel..new gearbox mounting bracket..new cable shifter brackets..
then again, sold off the auto gearbox for 1.1k, the engine harness for 350, the tcu and interior harness for 500 :p

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
value for money. sell it and buy the manual variant of your car. less hassle less headache less problems.

you sell auto 09 and buy manual 09, the auto is more exp than manual. if lucky you get to keep some $ somemore.