Australian Drift - Toyo Series Round 1 Pictures

aj510

Aug 23, 2005
australia
Hi Guys,

Thought i'd share a few pics from the australian drift series :)

(hope i'm not breaking any forum rules re posting links and/or images - so let me know if i am please)

Drift is still pretty small here in Australia and i've only just started getting right into it, but the talent is still awesome as you can see in the pics.

This particular event was held at Eastern Creek (in NSW).

Aus Drift Gallery 1
Aus Drift Gallery 2

Fatality

Sexy Moderator
Nov 23, 2005
wow.. im malaysia got KE70 pickup used for drift in aussie got skyline pickup truck driftting too... not bad! happy driftting mate!!!!

Fatality

Sexy Moderator
Nov 23, 2005
not bad... trend this days take 2 cars n mod it as one..

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
mate, they're pretty small in your state :-D get your facts right.

They are very influencing and is big down south :) especially in Mallala DA event.

Check

www.driftaustralia.com.au

Anyway, South Australia is the capital of Australian drifting scenes and the best drifter in Australia is from SA as well.

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Check out Mallala Motorsport Park the next time you drop down south.

Like I said, different states in Australia is good at different things.

NSW is well known for performance and producing high powered engine such as those coming from CRD and QSR.

VIC is famous for their beauty contest and a little bit of power performance.

QLD is famous for producing big fat wide load cars which can go as well.

PA is a little more or less the same as VIC.

SA is a lot more into drift scenes. Most show cars here are even leaning towards the drift styling let alone the number of drifters from SA.

So of course, you cannot compare the local drift event with coutries such as Japan and the states, but comparing to the rest of the world, they aint a bad performer. It is the level of drift performance that matters, not the scene entirely.

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Not forgetting that Mallala Motorsport Park will be and has already been regarded as the best drift tracks in the country no doubt about that. Awesome corner angle and aggresive driving is necessary.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Subaru will be getting their own version of the Toyota FT-86 rear-wheel drive coupe and have released the first official photos of their version of the collaboration ahead of its debut at the Geneva Motor Show next week.

While Subaru were sneaky and provided a photo with an outline of just the front end’s silhouette, some Photoshop wands were waved over it at CarScoop and managed to filter out the rest...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience