audi a4 b5 with evo1,2,3 or sr20det FF

audi_evo3

Known Member
Jun 27, 2007
Hello, i need help here. i would like to ask everybody's opinion on converting my audi a4 b5 to any japanese engines. maintenance of my audi is very expensive. drive shaft alone (right side) already costs me rm650. tie rod = rm250. even one of the small water hose cost me rm200. gilaaaa.... if the engine is fast, then ok la. it's so slow. mine is the 1.8 turbo version by the way. so slow yet i am paying so much to maintain the bloody engine.

my previous car was a putra with vr4rs engine. i would like to know whether there is a possibility of me converting my engine to any mitsubishi engine (vr4/evo) or sr20det pulsar FF? however there is a problem in audi. try looking at the picture i have posted...

audi's engine layout is longitudinal (much like 2jz,sr20det s13, rb26dett) but the engine is a front wheel drive. usually those engine with longitudinal layout will be rear wheel drive or 4wd la.

those engine with transverse layout (much like 4g63t, sr20det pulsar or 4g91) can be easily converted as front wheel drive.

ok, so the problem is dat i wouldn't wanna convert my audi to 4WD or FR since this would cost a lot of money, time and patience, not to mention, i would have to cut my chassis to fit the transmission of an FR.

can anybody here suggest any japanese engine to fit into my audi? i would really love to have evo1,2,3 coz i used to have a vr4 in my putra. has anybody here witness any japanese engine in any audi? i haven't. it is usually a bmw with sr20det or 1jz engine.

i would appreciate it if somebody can help me here.

Last edited:

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
hi, if u in kl, try a&a workshop at pandan indah they convert alot of continental car to jap engine. eg. volvo with rb26 engine or 1jz.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
wow.....it would be a headache to convert a jap engine into ur car.
my advice to u is to sell off the car.if u still insist on doing it,it will cost
u a lot money n time.just my opinion.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
ya ya sell it off.. no need to headache...
later jpj problem la engine problem la.. this and that...
really want to use back? thn good luck to u..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi , jz wanna ask how much air (kPa) usually bump for 205/50/16 tyres? anyone?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience