ATTN: drivers who only uses the fog lights

LiteBulb

Jan 15, 2009
if any of you love driving with ONLY the fog lights on at night, please dont.

1) it will be difficult for the driver in front of you to spot you through the rear mirror
2) you might land into a pot hole (hopefully)
3) its not cool
4) its annoying

i find most of these cases on "beautifully" lighted cars (led daylight, HID fog light, neon etc).

seriously, stop it.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Got headlights dowan to use..Funny la these ppl..

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
not to bash myvi owner,but almost all the cars..can say 90% all drive wif spotlight only are myvi wif led like fog light..gosh
maybe because they wanna die faster :biggrin:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Good thread this one, and yes, I fully agree most drivers who drive with only their front fog lights think it looks cool. worst are those with misaligned aftermarket fog lights.

equally annoying are European cars who turn on their rear fog lights. i find many BMW E60s do this. it takes a separate switch to do this so it's not exactly accidental.

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
yes very very true. couldnt agree more with u bros.
i see this almost everyday. to make things worst, they do it in the heavy rain.
please la, use the headlamps. it is there for a reason

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I find it kind of showy... Because there is this belief that retrofit HIDs are okay for foglights. Yes it does less to hurt other drivers, but there is no such rule that says it is okay. If some police/jpj is hungry that night, they can still dig shit out of the user.

The second is that I find that many have the fog light button on as default. So when they on the parking lights at dusk or dawn, the foglights are on as well when they are not necessary... Waste power...

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
yalor...dunno why they dun wan to use headlight..just use spotlight to drive anywhere in night time...they tot ppl will see them,sorry,i cant see you and tot u r motor bike...
use it for safety...if not,just open it leave it d home...headlight lamp

KLEMANN

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
seriously, they just neglected safety issue for sake "coolness"
myself also myvi user.....but i always practice night time headlight + fog light ON
only ON fog light when sunset & whenever rain just to make sure ppl aware my car

myvi does have separate switch where u can

1)fog light & headlight ON
or
2)just fog light ON while headlight OFF/ fog light OFF while headlight ON.

its a trend ppl always think that is cool just on fog light during night time.
btw, i found out not just myvi other vehicle also does same such saga blm but not as much u encounter myvi....

PUTRA14

Ji
Jul 12, 2005
BT.CAVES
Saving electricity?come on i dont think ur paying any cent also.Even if doing so please align ur aftermarket fog lights so it wont blind others or disturb them so goes for your HID. These things r cheap nowdays there is nothing to show off.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
seriously, they just neglected safety issue for sake "coolness"
myself also myvi user.....but i always practice night time headlight + fog light ON
only ON fog light when sunset & whenever rain just to make sure ppl aware my car

myvi does have separate switch where u can

1)fog light & headlight ON
or
2)just fog light ON while headlight OFF/ fog light OFF while headlight ON.

its a trend ppl always think that is cool just on fog light during night time.
btw, i found out not just myvi other vehicle also does same such saga blm but not as much u encounter myvi....
Hey bro? Really? You checked properly? That's strange. Normally there is one on-off swithc for the foglamps.

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

Saving electricity?come on i dont think ur paying any cent also.Even if doing so please align ur aftermarket fog lights so it wont blind others or disturb them so goes for your HID. These things r cheap nowdays there is nothing to show off.
Actually it does... Save a bit la... Use 35 W compared to 55/60 W. Save about 25 W each side. Total of 50 W. That's almost 1 extra light bulb. Energy saving will eventually lead to less fuel consumption due to less load on alternator.

But of course the amount is very negligible. What people can aim for is longer battery lifespan and better use of the battery.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Find that a lot on those with LED all over the car....just the front fog light on....with their stupid 8000K HID blinding people.... =.=' They think ppl will thought its a sport car with the low lightning....oh please~~~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have two questions. I love the after effects of claying especially when combined with optiseal.

Can you overclay a car? I spray ONR on the surface and clay it. The question is the frequency: I clay my car each time I wash it. Will I thin the paint?

I also clay the glass and this I believe can be done safely since glass is a much harder material. The results of claying glass is simply amazing.

Second question: I also apply Opti Seal on the car. Will claying remove it prematurely...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience