assist me to buy awesome compact camera..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Agree with the G-series cameras. F2 on fixed lens is no joke!

LX5 is nice because of the Leica lens and the flexibility of add-on lenses and the cameras tiny size. Personally I think it's better than the Sony or Olympus equivalent.

But if it's a compact camera that can shoot awesome indoor and outdoor pictures without the hassle of small apertures, the Canon G-series camera is my preference. More than the S-series.
You also know your stuff.....

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

not sure why u need a super zoom. It is very sensitive to hand shake with the long zoom. Here are my comments for these cameras;
- LX5 gives you a wider lenses that you can capture more. High functionality which is close to an entry level SLR. But a bit back dated compare to S100 or Coolpix S9300
- Both S100 and S9300 is good camera. It is just brand preference.
Super Zoom lens? It depends, if optical zoom still good, not digital zoom. As mentioned earlier, depends on once priorities whether to get super zoom, mega pixel or faster lens. Individual on travel, sight seeing will want super zoom. Taking indoor pics most of the time, then wide angle with fast lens will be best, and so on......:driver:

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Canon S100 cheaper than G12. For me if go travel, I won't bother too much with super zoom (I guess you are talking about >10x magnification). Wide is better - take pictures of family with background, etc. Super zoom not needed most of the time. I myself personally would avoid the G12 and instead save a little bit more money and get the Sony Nex-C3 (standard kit with pancake an 3x zoom lens) which is not too expensive and have a much large sensor size (APS-C). Better for low light, nice, rich and sharp pictures. Don't get me wrong, G12 is good with lots of dials on the body for manual controls... but once you get a hang of the manual controls, etc most probably you want to switch to a DSLR already...

My personal choice would be...
Canon S100 - compact, easy to use point and shoot with 5x zoom. 24mm eqv lens good enough for wide angle shots for family photo + background and some close up shots. Has a manual control ring on body if you want to adjust some stuff manually. Battery is small so need to get extra battery to take more pictures through out the day.
Panasonic FZ150 - bigger than S100 but with 24x super zoom that you want. . Good optical stabilization. Pictures are ok but not too good in low light conditions - used their previous model before. Got all the controls on the body for you to play with too... I would choose this rather than the G12 if you don't bother much about the SLR like controls dials/button and hot shoe on the G12.

in the end really up to you... depends on how much poison.... :biggrin:

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Buddy

I shot thousand of pic...every week to document my detailing....has both the compact & SLR with 5 lenses

only suggest u to consider S95....now at rm 1150 for f2.8....do yr home work & try it out

grab it buddy...you wouldnt regret. ....its so cun & compact enough to carry around

you may also consider buying some real thing SLR if you have an endless budget

otherwise dont make the mistake many does....listen who who &

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You also know your stuff.....
I'd better! I do side jobs like you and is a 5DMKII user! :biggrin:

Canon S100 cheaper than G12. For me if go travel, I won't bother too much with super zoom (I guess you are talking about >10x magnification). Wide is better - take pictures of family with background, etc. Super zoom not needed most of the time. I myself personally would avoid the G12 and instead save a little bit more money and get the Sony Nex-C3 (standard kit with pancake an 3x zoom lens) which is not too expensive and have a much large sensor size (APS-C). Better for low light, nice, rich and sharp pictures. Don't get me wrong, G12 is good with lots of dials on the body for manual controls... but once you get a hang of the manual controls, etc most probably you want to switch to a DSLR already...

My personal choice would be...
Canon S100 - compact, easy to use point and shoot with 5x zoom. 24mm eqv lens good enough for wide angle shots for family photo + background and some close up shots. Has a manual control ring on body if you want to adjust some stuff manually. Battery is small so need to get extra battery to take more pictures through out the day.
Panasonic FZ150 - bigger than S100 but with 24x super zoom that you want. . Good optical stabilization. Pictures are ok but not too good in low light conditions - used their previous model before. Got all the controls on the body for you to play with too... I would choose this rather than the G12 if you don't bother much about the SLR like controls dials/button and hot shoe on the G12.

in the end really up to you... depends on how much poison.... :biggrin:
Technically the Sony NEX series of cameras aren't SLRs, micro four-thirds cameras aren't (IMHO) as good as full fledged DSLRs but they are the smaller alternative. Mind you.. key word is 'smaller'. Sony NEX cameras give me carpal tunnel because of the size.

And gawwwwwwwwd.. FZ150 is out already? Damn. My first camera : FZ20! Best 10x optical zoom ever. On a tripod it was great as a spy camera to zoom on those 'happy' couples in the KLCC park during the day. :biggrin: And agreed! Indoor isn't that great but outdoors.. fuiyo!

Panasonic LX5 is wide angle by default too. And paired with the Leica glass makes it great for outdoor shoots!

Aiya.. all boils down to the TS requirements. Indoor? Outdoor? Portability? Flexibility? Cost? IMHO :

Cheapest camera
Canon S-series
Panasonic LX-series

Multipurpose (in and outdoor)
Canon G-series (Aperture F2 ftw!)
Sony NEX-series

Portability
Panasonic LX-series
Canon S-series
Sony NEX-series

Flexibility
Sony NEX-series
Panasonic LX-series
Panasonic GF-series
Olympus EP-series

Most expensive (to buy and accessories)
Sony NEX-series

Personally I'd save up and buy a Nikon D4 or a Canon 5DMKIII. :biggrin: but that's just me.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Darren of Autodetailer uses the Sony NEX series woh! and have seen his work too...awesome..

During analogue days used the Olympus OM series, then when switched to Digital, did try the EOS but did not quite like the depth of field and color. When Nikon came out with e D series fell in love with that, but did not buy any since most of my kaki had them so just borrow from them, until the D90. Then help friend with photo shoot, we manage to try the D200, then another shoot we manage to get the D3....this one just awesome, but at what price. Finally settle for the D7000 myself.....

I think we are over poisoning TS already......:biggrin:

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Darren of Autodetailer uses the Sony NEX series woh! and have seen his work too...awesome..

During analogue days used the Olympus OM series, then when switched to Digital, did try the EOS but did not quite like the depth of field and color. When Nikon came out with e D series fell in love with that, but did not buy any since most of my kaki had them so just borrow from them, until the D90. Then help friend with photo shoot, we manage to try the D200, then another shoot we manage to get the D3....this one just awesome, but at what price. Finally settle for the D7000 myself.....

I think we are over poisoning TS already......:biggrin:
Aiya... Darren got $$$. He bought the Sony NEX-7 recently with prime lens, etc... mouth water... Also he got his other setup of pro DSLR camera for his superb mouth watering detailing arts.

Iszo, yes NEX cameras aren't DSLRs but the sensor size is bigger than micro 4/3 so picture quality is better and low light quite good too. Handling need to get used to. Price not too bad. It operates as a fantastic point and shoot camera especially with the pancake lens (my favourite). If you want to fiddle with manual settings, kind of slow as it is menu based. Of course can't fight a full frame DSLR which costs $$$. I think the best pocketable camera now is the Canon S100. Better than its predecessors as it has a faster processor, can take HDR pics and wide angle. No need lens cap too which is very convenient. Even has GPS built-in so you can geo tag your pictures too... good for travel but battery life will go down too.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The last time we met up (with Darren), he showed me the posters he took with the Sony, but anyway, he is sifu in automotive photography and have a studio built just for that.

Yup, I agree with what you said on the S100. All depends on TS priorities. For travel sometimes need to travel light.....
Last time I travel to Bali, I brought the DLSR and lens. Lugging them everywhere......
Nowadays use the one in my wife's handbag......:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I still lug my DSLR around. No matter what I do I can never get the same pictures with a compact or a micro four-thirds. Maybe it's just my clumsy fat fingers.. I seriously get hand cramps when I try to hold the Sony NEX5. But gotta admit with the right lenses and stuff, the NEX5 can deliver some seriously nice results. My only complaint is how slow it is with the adaptor for the SLR lenses. The standard kit and accessories is so bloody expensive for something so small!

Eh since we have so many kaki here.. jom arrange car/model/both shoot sometime la! :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
How to compare to your 5DMKII full frame high MP camera, sure no fight. If pic blow up some more, then really no fight.....:biggrin:

Yah! being XXL size myself, I find it difficult to hold tiny camera also.....ha! ha!

We can tt together, met up with bro. eohl79 before...detailing tt.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How to compare to your 5DMKII full frame high MP camera, sure no fight. If pic blow up some more, then really no fight.....:biggrin:

Yah! being XXL size myself, I find it difficult to hold tiny camera also.....ha! ha!

We can tt together, met up with bro. eohl79 before...detailing tt.....
Sounds like a plan! Let me know when you guys do some Detailing or what, I'll go there document the process. Heh

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sounds like a plan! Let me know when you guys do some Detailing or what, I'll go there document the process. Heh
That one not detailing tt already, because that one talk and drink only.
If need to document the detailing works need DIT (Do It together) tt.
And for that need bro. eohl becuase he expert in that.....:driver:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
1st advice.. if below RM1500 u can DSLR, got many offers on DSLR lately. Last time offer a fren got 2 lenses and a DSLR for RM2000 from official dealer somemore.

2nd, test the camera 1st bcoz it is personal opinion, i may say camera X is good but for u is not so better test and see does it have ur liking.

3rd, make sure all the features u want are inside.

4th, skills.. powerful camera lousy skill no use also... *referring to some religion fanatic B*TCHes i met, powerful camera but still call the camera cikai.

most of my cosplay frens like Canon G12.

ooo about Sony NEX.. if u got the Alpha DSLR adapter, can already use all alpha adapters but bulking la

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
1st advice.. if below RM1500 u can DSLR, got many offers on DSLR lately. Last time offer a fren got 2 lenses and a DSLR for RM2000 from official dealer somemore.

2nd, test the camera 1st bcoz it is personal opinion, i may say camera X is good but for u is not so better test and see does it have ur liking.

3rd, make sure all the features u want are inside.

4th, skills.. powerful camera lousy skill no use also... *referring to some religion fanatic B*TCHes i met, powerful camera but still call the camera cikai.

most of my cosplay frens like Canon G12.

ooo about Sony NEX.. if u got the Alpha DSLR adapter, can already use all alpha adapters but bulking la
I know people like that too......ha! ha!:biggrin:

Mar 29, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah this is informaiton which i was in searching on this forum ad thinking to make a thread for this but i have no need to make any thread after read out this thanks for this and i prefer your to purchase and use the Nikon D700 camera because this is good and high quality image result.............

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

That's right - its official folks, Ken Block Gymkhana 5 has been unleashed for the masses to enjoy watching Block's 650bhp Ford Fiesta smoke tyres and catch some air - and it doesn't seem to be a better place to do it other than in San Francisco's hilly terrain with a special appearance of one Travis Pastrana to help him make things a little more interesting on his 2-wheel stead...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience