Ask about GSC S1 Cam

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
GSC Stage 1 cams (Evo 4-8) non-mivec is about SGD780. Cash and Carry.

Used GSC Stage 1 (Mivec) at SGD 400.

Last edited:

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Hi Pablo,
just wonder is there any 2nd GSC S1 cams for sale? If yes,can kindly intro?
Thanks
U mean 2nd hand? I try to locate for u but not so easy ... the price i found are for new and for 2 sets if bought together.
Of course S2 cams look quite close in pricing but u have to remember, u have to get the springs and retainers after that.

Or u can get BC 272's ...they come with free Eibach valve springs. about the same price as a new S1 .. but then again u need to get some other mods ..

Last edited:

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
U mean 2nd hand? I try to locate for u but not so easy ... the price i found are for new and for 2 sets if bought together.
Of course S2 cams look quite close in pricing but u have to remember, u have to get the springs and retainers after that.

Or u can get BC 272's ...they come with free Eibach valve springs. about the same price as a new S1 .. but then again u need to get some other mods ..
Hi Pablo,
well after further consideration i think i'll be better to stick to S1 GSC cams lol...Pls do let me know if u hv managed to found a set.
Thanks

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Well, James .. u can try out some1's car after he fits the GSC S1's next month when i pass it to him ..

Last edited:

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Bro here's the,

Specs:

Cams:

madiewaters

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
mmmm... older and new is that can be different thing ka.....
if old ,oldlah already, if new ,newlah already...
or the spec of the cams.....

dony angry ya................heheheheheee.,,,,,

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
fuyoh... james' monster touching 600hp soon... :adore:

neosa

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
mmmm... older and new is that can be different thing ka.....
if old ,oldlah already, if new ,newlah already...
or the spec of the cams.....

dony angry ya................heheheheheee.,,,,,
nak buat lawak masuk raja lawak la oii:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Pablo ah...Manage to find 2nd hand GSC S1 cams ah?

Btw,do you know what is the different abt Older GSC S1 c:confused:ams compare to the latest GSC S1 cams?
Still looking for the used ones laa ... Told u it's not easy getting a S1 used. Becos most guys/gals will go for higher peak and boost when changing Cams ... so they go straight for S2 or HKS 272s etc ....

The new one u are referring to is the S-Series ... basically, the cams are built on newer technology available now compared with the 'old design' cams and information feedback they got when testing the 'older' cams. The new have their cams polished, smoother lope and higher lift and degree.

The 'older design' specifications:
GSC S1 Intake 268 10.5mm
GSC S1 Exhaust 266 10.5mm

Compared with the 'S-series" newer design (specs already given above in the thread) ...

This is the same for the S2 and so on. Hope it answers your question, James ... So actually Madiewaters is right when he say maybe the specs ..

Last edited:

evolution9682

Known Member
Feb 9, 2008
Bro here's the,

Specs:

Cams:
YUMMY:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Jameswwt,click the link below to know more about GSC cam,the older version is also a great cam.After my research,evo9 mivec GSC s1 cam seems slightly make more power than a GSC s1 cams for evo4~8,so when u read the following,remember to look carefully what they discuss is for mivec or not,enjoy http://forums.evolutionm.net/mitsubishi-evolution-forums/f-187.html

I also link a discussions between hks cams and GSC cams,no hard feeling to hks cam users...hks also a good cam... http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/155139-cam-gsc-vs-hks.html

Last edited:

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
fuyoh... james' monster touching 600hp soon... :adore:
Mizu ah...if my ride can reached 380whp i'll be very happy lol...But yrs now also aledi touching 400whp even just minor upgrade...Walao after change to yr Big Snail and masuk 2 Tebu....
Very pressure to join you all Taikor's for convoy aledi....hehe:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Still looking for the used ones laa ... Told u it's not easy getting a S1 used. Becos most guys/gals will go for higher peak and boost when changing Cams ... so they go straight for S2 or HKS 272s etc ....

The new one u are referring to is the S-Series ... basically, the cams are built on newer technology available now compared with the 'old design' cams and information feedback they got when testing the 'older' cams. The new have their cams polished, smoother lope and higher lift and degree.

The 'older design' specifications:
GSC S1 Intake 268 10.5mm
GSC S1 Exhaust 266 10.5mm

Compared with the 'S-series" newer design (specs already given above in the thread) ...

This is the same for the S2 and so on. Hope it answers your question, James ... So actually Madiewaters is right when he say maybe the specs ..
Thank you Pablo:adore:

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

YUMMY:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Jameswwt,click the link below to know more about GSC cam,the older version is also a great cam.After my research,evo9 mivec GSC s1 cam seems slightly make more power than a GSC s1 cams for evo4~8,so when u read the following,remember to look carefully what they discuss is for mivec or not,enjoy GSC Motorsports - Charleston, SC [Archive] - evolutionm.net

I also link a discussions between hks cams and GSC cams,no hard feeling to hks cam users...hks also a good cam... cam: gsc vs hks - evolutionm.net
Thanks Evo9682:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi friends...

More details on new website. :)

New Pentagon 2007 Website

Appreciatte you guys comment there.

Thanks.

Chris2000
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience