ARSENAL FC, best club in england, the world and

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Now I get more ideas of how Arsenal have been playing.

Henry was quoted in saying in arsenal.com that he's adapted into this new style of playing, which he now holds the ball up more frequently, allowing everybody to get forward and get involved. I think he's has taken up some of Bergkamp's role of being a link between each play/attack, rather than spending much time on the left dribbling, or waiting for supplies. That's why we have seen so many different scorers, and why Rosicky is assigned to play a central role, even though on the teamsheet he's actually a left-sided midfielder.

Van Persie is actually now a winger, but he's also another free moving forward who can always move inwards and link up with Rosicky, Fabregas and Hleb. A great example would be the game of CSKA at Emirates, where different players were found in so many great scoring opportunities. It's really adaptable, flexible and dynamic football environment, which is so hard to be trained and performed.

But sometimes it gets too dynamic that too many passes equals digging your own grave. Haha.

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
i still dont get it..
arsenal another non-victory match??

they are playing good, but not winning matches.. this is weird..

chypher

Known Member
Jul 28, 2006
i think emirates feng shui not good lar...

we play so good, what we have is oni draw..

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Henry has explained that the reason they are not finding the net more frequently, is psychological problem. He said that there are things like signboards or some objects in the stand that affect their instinct or subconcious on where the goal is. I think that's quite true, because that's why away games have always been harder. Emirates stadium is wider than Highbury, I guess that plays a psychological factor in the forward's mind.

However, another reason is that Arsenal lack the killer's instinct, or should we say champion's quality? Some people would say it's a champion's luck, but it's true that when a team plays like they are going to win the title, they possess killer instinct and always make their own luck. That's not the case with Arsenal, who couldn't beat a lowly Newcastle Utd. One thing that annoys me is we always seem to concede 1st, and after that shot in our foot, we will always struggle from then on, coz the away team is hugely motivated to win at least a point. Sad case, brothers. We conceded the first goal against Aston Villa, Boro, Everton and Newcastle, at home.

I think the main reason for conceding the 1st goal is due to the inexperienced minds of the players (maybe that is also caused by the game-play). Sometimes, those overpassings really would put alot of pressure on our defence, and when we lose the ball while many men have committed thenselves forward, all of them have to track back and start all over again. The first goal is so crucial that Arsenal shouldn't care much about the fashion they score it.

Two horse race looks like a certainty till the season end.

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
i guess they are not used to emirates yet..
thats wat i've also thought so about.. lol..
this is really a sad case..

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Disappointing performance by Arsenal. They deserved to be kicked out of the CL actually, if things don't go well. Theo Walcott has awakened, and Arsenal transformed into a much better team after he replaced the out-of-sorts Ljungberg. Ljungberg really doesn't have the ingredients to adapt to the new style of play. But Walcott gave out an inspired performance that overshadowed the lacklustre Henry, who will be banned for the Porto game, which is a good thing since he hasn't got back into the good shape.

Baptista was actually a useless substitution, he didn't really touch the ball after coming on and couldn't really bring any influence to the game. Strong headed goal though.

Hleb, Toure and Eboue deserved some compliments for their contributions.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Missed the game as it was just too damn tired to watch. Besides, i couldn't bare watching Arsenal lose the game. Thank God they won.

Baptista scoring is a good sign. Its not about him not contributing anything towards the game. He scored when he's not supposed to and that will help boost his confidence. He's a strong guy and will help strengthen our midfield. We're now facing a crisis at home, can't win!!

Anyways, good to see them back to winning ways!

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
munpeng

are we watching the same game? i thought arsenal played well and had better movement in the 2nd half. baptista didn't need to touch the ball but he draws a DM to him and release walcott and ade. just when the DM left him, he took advantage and scores the 3rd.

good performance by arsenal.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Yeah man, i watched the replay at 8pm just now. I thought they played well as a team. Just that the defence need to be abit alert not to let go too many early goals.

Hleb plays so damn well in the European games. No wonder Wenger relies on him heavily in Champions League games. Just look at the way he control the ball and makes run at opposition. He's got like a rubber legs and the way he dribble the ball amazes me. I must say Arsenal were quite lucky as Eboue was given far too much space to run. He'll be a great right back for Arsenal. Extremely quick, defends well and whips in some good crosses too.

Henry looks rather jaded. In fact for the past few matches he doesn't look like his usual self. Gone are the days where he pulverize defenders with his lightning pace. Now most defenders are able to catch up with him and make a tackle to clear the ball. It seems to me Henry has lost some pace and he's more than happy to let Hleb or Rosicky do the running while he plays a more central position. Van Persie looks lively but he needs to work on his finishing. I'd say he's got a pretty good feet too. Very skillful and makes some pretty good one touches. He needs to be less flamboyant and concentrate solely on his finishing though.

Overall, i thought it was a great Arsenal game. Looking forward to watch more of Walcott.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
topui11 said:
munpeng

are we watching the same game? i thought arsenal played well and had better movement in the 2nd half. baptista didn't need to touch the ball but he draws a DM to him and release walcott and ade. just when the DM left him, he took advantage and scores the 3rd.

good performance by arsenal.
No dude, we were not watching the same game. I watched the game against Hamburg, and you?

Try asking smarter questions.

Y a k u Z a

Global Moderator
Helmet Clan
Feb 16, 2006
Sydney, AU
www.facebook
Hey guys,im hoping that there's a real fanatic among you guys who knows when is the date that the Gunners are going to play their last match and against which team they will be playing before they enter the winter break,and also when does the winter break start and when it ends,thanks as I will be going to the UK,and im planning to go watch a match at the Emirates =) Thanks!

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Is there a winter break in the first place? I thought EPL don't have winter break as they play thruout Christmas too.

BTW, i heard from my friend that you can't just walk in to the Emirates and then buy a ticket. You must buy the ticket online and then you get a card and you use the card to get into the stadium. Something like that but you can refer to Arsenal.com for further info. Also, there's a store around the stadium, i think its called Armoury and you can buy lots of Arsenal stuff in it. Anything except for old jerseys. But its quite expensive, about 40 pound. You can get it alot cheaper here in KL.

Y a k u Z a

Global Moderator
Helmet Clan
Feb 16, 2006
Sydney, AU
www.facebook
Oh okay,I've always thought that they have a short break in between as I went there a couple of years ago during december and they were on a break :( Anyway yeah,I just saw the ticketing list and im like wtf the matches that I want to watch are mostly sold out,but yeah,my mom's best friend lives in the UK so she told me she would check if the tickets are available there locally,and she told me something which kind of amused me though,haha she said that people there are so crazy until the extent of booking the tickets for next season's / year's matches this year haha wow!

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Not that i know of. I've not heard of winter breaks in UK. Maybe they had a week off due to international friendly.

Whatever that is, i envy that you're able to visit London, in particular watching Arsenal play. My lifelong dream!

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
No winter breaks far as I know. There are always boxing day matches to play. Then there is the transfer window that opens in January.

P/S: Can you pop over to Liverpool while you are there to get me something? :rofl: