ARSENAL FC, best club in england, the world and

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I'm fearing the worst. Arsenal just can't finish. They're playing beautiful football but just can't seem to finish the game off.

Apparently Tomas "I can't score from 3 yards" Rosicky is not playing due to injury and we'll be missing a hardworking midfielder.

All the best!

phonzy

May 30, 2005
Malaysia
im not complaining, at least flamini can find the back of the net :P

and what unlikely goalscorers we have for today lol

Last edited:

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Great results!!

Arsenal didn't exactly play their best game but it was enough. I'm rather surprise by Liverpool's lack of creativity and they didn't play really well. Arsenal on the other hand had lots of passes but never threatened until Flamini scored out of the blue. And then they slowly picked up the pace and the second half goal from Toure killed off Liverpool's chances. Of all person, Toure was 1 on 1 with the keeper. I would have expect Fabregas, Hleb or even Henry to be doing those kinda stuff but rather surprise an Arsenal centre back to be attacking.

I think Arsenal's 5 man midfield tactic will work against stronger teams like Liverpool and Man Utd. It wasn't such a difficult game, like the one against Man Utd but nevertheless, its still a good win and i just hope the top 2 will start to drop points.

Y a k u Z a

Global Moderator
Helmet Clan
Feb 16, 2006
Sydney, AU
www.facebook
Frankly speaking,I wasn't really convinced at the beginning when I saw the starting line up , with Flamini ,Cliche and Almunia all starting,I kind of felt nervous you know ;p plus Liverpool's recent form has been superb haha,oh well,against all odds! AW did it again!

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Well played, we were thoroughly out-gunned. It's really depressing but I can have no complaints. You took your chances well.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Flamini, Toure and Gallas are all defensive players, who scored for us last night. It would be a shame for me to say that Rosicky, Adebayor, Fabregas and Van Persie should start learning from them, judging by their performance against CSKA and Everton.

Flamini was in the right place at the right time, but he still needs to polish up his passings and first-touch, won't complain more since he has been on the bench for quite a long time, hardworking player he is.

A special compliment should be made on Clichy, who did a superb job at left back. Cutting out crosses and stopping players on the flank was all his hardwork, nevermind Van Persie, who didn't help out much, since he was given a job to attack I guess.

Van Persie is still immature, his challenges always looked like yellow card offence, and how stupid he was to use his arm to flick the ball away from Reina.

Anyone notice that Reina looks like Benitez? I wanted to say they are like father and son.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
thteh86 said:
imho, although Liverpool lost to a better team, I think Arsenal could be better with Hleb in the middle, Fabregas couldn't seem to open the defence at all.
Hleb comes in real handy almost at all position. That is providing if he has a good day. When he plays like he did yesterday or the game against Real Madrid last season, you're bound to see goals for sure. His trickery are simple and he doesn't do anything too fancy like C Ronaldo or Robinho, but it gets him away from opposition players. Its a real joy to watch him play at times. But when he's playing against stronger and more physical players, he tend to suffer and get cut out quite easily. He's an example of Wenger's quality buy at cheap price.

If Fabregas didn't open the defence at all, i guess you didn't watch opening goal scored by Flamini. Just look at his movement, how he pulls away from the guy marking him, stops and square the ball only for a simply tap in by Flamini. That is just classic Fabregas. Not too bad for a 17 year old eh? If you watched Arsenal play long enough, you will realise he's one of the best in holding the ball. His ball control, awareness and passing is almost second to none. To some extent, even Henry doesn't hold the ball as well as Fabregas.

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
prodigy said:
Hleb comes in real handy almost at all position. That is providing if he has a good day. When he plays like he did yesterday or the game against Real Madrid last season, you're bound to see goals for sure. His trickery are simple and he doesn't do anything too fancy like C Ronaldo or Robinho, but it gets him away from opposition players. Its a real joy to watch him play at times. But when he's playing against stronger and more physical players, he tend to suffer and get cut out quite easily. He's an example of Wenger's quality buy at cheap price.

If Fabregas didn't open the defence at all, i guess you didn't watch opening goal scored by Flamini. Just look at his movement, how he pulls away from the guy marking him, stops and square the ball only for a simply tap in by Flamini. That is just classic Fabregas. Not too bad for a 17 year old eh? If you watched Arsenal play long enough, you will realise he's one of the best in holding the ball. His ball control, awareness and passing is almost second to none. To some extent, even Henry doesn't hold the ball as well as Fabregas.
If I didn't forget, the 1st goal was actually a pass from Hleb to Fabregas who made the great run inside. What I was refering is his vision to pass balls to open up the defence, unlike how Rosicky and Hleb does.

Yes, he can pass around accurately and also hold the ball very well, but from my opinion, it would be better if there's Hleb plays in the middle where he can have more space to pass around. However, now that Fabregas has matured, he deserves his place and there isn't many people who can play as well as Hleb on the right.

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
great win over liverpool!!!
truely believe arsenal can display a better play of their football... they have proof it against liverpool..

poor liverpool, thrashed..

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Hleb isn't exactly the fastest right midfielder. I think he's probably just abit slower than Ljungberg but i got to agree that Hleb's passes are real killer at times. But as i said, he doesn't like being hassled around. He's only starting to get use to the physical side of EPL. As for Rosicky, he's one of those that just came in and instantly fit into the team. His movement and pace suits Arsenal game and its almost as though Wenger bought another Overmars. Only problem is, Overmars finishing ability is so much better than Rosicky. And he can score from 3 yards too.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Matthew Connolly, our 19 year old centre back is called up to England squad. Surprise for me.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear all modification enthusiast,

This is to share some of the experience I've come across after selling so many units of Walbro GSS342 fuel pumps. Yes, we even took out to see the internal guts of the pump. I am talking about original walbro pumps and not those fake pumps with plastic gears.

Walbro are great pumps for modified cars. As they are able to provide 255lph of fuel to the engine provided enough current is supplied to the pump. Not just that, it can support high pressure...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience