ARSENAL FC, best club in england, the world and

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
True. But it was Gerrard who killed the competition off, after Reds equalised at 2-2, west ham still managed to come up with good response and then the freak konchesky goal came, it was a pity for west ham, they were deserved winners, if they won. Liverpool were abit fortunate becoz Reina conceded softly, but liverpool were also worthy winners because of some genius display by Gerrard.

From what I can see, each team does have an influential key figure in them, Liverpool have Gerrard, Arsenal have Henry, MU have Rooney, Chelsea have Terry, without the key figure, they really find themselves abit hard to cope with isn't it?

Y a k u Z a

Global Moderator
Helmet Clan
Feb 16, 2006
Sydney, AU
www.facebook
si|verfish said:
I agree that money isn't what motivates Henry. Sometimes it isn't about winning trophies either. Sometimes you want a fresh start in a new environment. C'mon, even us mere mortals can relate to that. You may have a great job at a great company and have done great things, but there comes a day when you feel like you need to go away.

Playing for a new team in a new league would pose a new and interesting challenge to Henry.

It would be sad to see him go though. He has definitely been one of the highlights of the English Premiership. Class player, class man.
Probably he got sick of British chics and decided that he needed to add some spice in his life by looking for hot latinas instead ;)

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Yeap, Gerrard single handedly won the FA Cup for Liverpool. It was a superb shot which Lampard, Scholes will be proud of coz its so similar the way these guys score. However, with the number of games he's played this year, i'm afraid he'll suffer some burnout at one point. Remember Lampard had a long run of games, the most ever by a player and he did so well in most of them. This year, his influence has lessen, though he scored quite a bit of goals too. There were times he was totally anonymous in a game.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Yakuza, I thought Henry is married to a hot english model? hehehe. They just have a baby daughter too.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
munpeng said:
True. But it was Gerrard who killed the competition off, after Reds equalised at 2-2, west ham still managed to come up with good response and then the freak konchesky goal came, it was a pity for west ham, they were deserved winners, if they won. Liverpool were abit fortunate becoz Reina conceded softly, but liverpool were also worthy winners because of some genius display by Gerrard.
To say that West Ham deserved to win would mean to say that Liverpool didn't deserve to. In the end, if a team misses chances they didn't deserve to win. I was more than just Gerrard. Reina made a brilliant save and the introduction of Didi Hamann stabilised things at the back, allowing Gerrard to move forward. As Rafa put it, every player in midfield plays and important role but only Gerrard gets the plaundits as he is allowed to get forward and score goals while the likes of Alonso, Sissoko and Hamann stay back to protect the back four. Fact: Alonso has the most number of tackles won in the EPL. That's an example of how someones contribution can easily go unnoticed.

munpeng said:
From what I can see, each team does have an influential key figure in them, Liverpool have Gerrard, Arsenal have Henry, MU have Rooney, Chelsea have Terry, without the key figure, they really find themselves abit hard to cope with isn't it?
Few remember that Liverpool's record with and without Gerrard in the team, are the same. They won and lost just as many.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Lehmann was a bit rash with his challenge but you could never discount Arsenal as it has been said they sometimes play better with 10 men.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
it almost played to Arsenal's strenght; most dangerous playing counter attack. not exactly a high tempo game (catapult with heavy downpour in second half)

but credit to gunners to play againts with a man short. I believe many would feel barca werent at best (ronaldino shut out most of the time abeit minor flashes)

so do you think henry will leave gunners?? Will you accuse him of "how could he?"
not exactly a hppy ending for arsenal; just hope for an awakening next season with new belief.

adliz

Known Member
Jan 30, 2005
big arsenal fan here.. i believe the game would have been more entertaining rather than nail-biting if lehmann didnt make that tackle.. damn boring as the game was only going one way.. sigh..

btw, did anyone notice if they show any replay whether eto was offside or not? i didnt..

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
henry should've score a 2nd goal. he got a few chances....

we were up 1-0 til 79th minute.... which is about 11 minutes to play!! damn!

congrats to barca anyway. really come to life with iniesta in there.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Didn't look offside to me. I can only imagine how disappointed you must be though. The prospect of winning your first CPL trophy must have brought about so much hope.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
henry drive alone cannot save arsenal. for once arsenal game lacked a midfield general. (regardless even with one player short)

yes, arsenal fans are gutted to missed this opportunity.

have faith, in 2-3 seasons from now you will see the maturity of the young gunners.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Tough luck Gunners.

Especially down to 10 men. I think Arsenal have done themselves and their fans proud. Tough to stumble at the end but at least you could say you lost to the best team in Europe (and it isn't because they won the ECL, but because they are).

I wanted to bring up Henry's big game temperament but I guess that would be like rubbing salt into wounds. Maybe later.