ARSENAL FC, best club in england, the world and

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Arsenal will definitely need some courageous defending yet again. And hope to get one or two clean through passes to Henry, and then provided nobody messed with his shooting boots, Arsenal should get a goal.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Or Wenger should just use mind games to beat Barcelona.

Say a few controversial things about Barcelona and hope they 'lose it' in their heads.

Remember how Mourinho physche Rijkaard in the quarters last year saying some untruthful things about Rijkaard and the referee. Subsequently the referee quit his job and Chelsea went through to the semis.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
si|verfish said:
I still feel that Arsenal's main weapon is pace. Even against Barcelona. Let Barca attack and then break with pace down the flanks.

About man marking Ronaldinho, easier said than done. Just ask Milan, who got a player wrapped all over him and yet he made the winning pass.
It wasn't some bit part player either! It was Gennaro Gattuso. ROnaldinho simply shook him off before hitting that winning pass. MAny people underestimate how strong Ronaldinho actually is. Remember when he rode that challenge from John Terry before scoring against Chelsea?

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
prodigy said:
To play Barca, you need to control the game with extreme high tempo. Barcelona, very much like Real Madrid have a problem at the back. Puyol may be one of the best defender but their defence at times is questionable. With Fabregas and Hleb, i do think we can deliver a few killer pass and get Henry to finish the job.

However, the Milan/Barca game is not even over yet. Milan still have a chance to overturn a 1-0 deficit. If Liverpool could score 3 in 45 minutes, i think Milan too can score 2 in 90 minutes.
I actually think Barca has quite a solid back four. Marquez has been superb for them and has even played as a defensive midfielder in a number of games. He's one of those centrebacks that can play the ball. You may however try to find space down the right flank with Arsenal old boy, Van Bronckhorst venturing forward so often. Arsenal are quick on the attack and Hleb just may find himself in space pretty often down the right.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
True that Marquez had a good season but he's an attacking minded centre back. Not many of such defenders around anymore, maybe John Terry one of them. So you can catch them offguard while they're busy attacking. Plus, Puyol is never famous for his speed.

Marking Ronaldinho definitely easier said than done. His trickery is the one that normally leaves the defenders for dead. He bamboozles his way into the box and when you're expecting a pass, he'll shoot. When you're expecting a shot, he'll make one of those deadly pass.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
saga continue, it never matter whether i am a newbie anot, if i don't watch my tone u can do nothing about me also. But of coz i am not a guy who looks for nonsense argument.

Barca is a perfect opponent for arsenal, both of them play open games, they spread the ball wide to widen opponent's defence and find gap to exploit. Seeing Ac milan troubling them at times does show alot about their defensive weakness, needless to say, Wenger who must have watched the game will analyse their game thoroughly, and it's true that wenger plays mind games, haha, he's a funny fellar at times, and i still remember what he said about Man utd last time, but i think barca has nothing for him to "psycho" about.

marking ronaldinho will be impossible, but marking players around ronadinho would be easier. in my opinion, eto'o was lethal during the game last night although he didn't score, so wingbacks should get more sleeps and runnings to match the runs of the likes of eto'o, giuly and larsson, let ronny pass but make his teammates not get the ball would be efficient. But of coz gilberto will have alot of incentive and joy to mark his international teammate, it will be nice to watch Gilberto vs Ronny.

although i talk so much, but what makes the difference would be who scores 1st, for both teams who have not reach a final for so so long, they WILL to be very very cautious, and scoring the 1st goal would make themselves more confident and cause the opposition to SWEAT.

All the way GUNNERS!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
correction, barcelona did appear in CL final , it the first for gunners. (the last european final was a cup winners cup final years ago ~ i think the lost on penalties then)

but Mad Jan will be a formidable man at goal (after the penalty save)

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
koolspyda, u mean the 1992 cup final they won right? i know, but it's a long time ago, and different generation has been born. anyway, it was a long time ago, and i said final, not only include CL final, other competition's final also counts.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
koolspyda was correcting me, but he misunderstood what i meant earlier....

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
theres only one way for us to beat barca...everybody mark ronaldinho and hope other barca players dont score.....then we counter.....my prediction gunners win by 1-0 scoreline......im of to mosque....

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
1-0 scoreline would be boring. I want to see a barca win with a scoreline of 4-4 full time, and both team score in extra time to make it 6-5 hahaha. That would be the best final ever

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Scoreline does not always tell whether the game was good or not. A 3-0 win may sound nice but if the game is dull and the only 3 chances were goals, its worst than watching a highly energetic 1-0 win with both teams trading punches every other moment.

If you watched the Arsenal-Madrid game, the 0-0 draw does not tell the actual story. It was a superb attacking game with some of the greatest player on the field.

But of coz when Arsenal wins big, they do it in style and with lots of flair.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear forummers,

My ICE equipments has been stolen!!!! I live in Sungai Buloh and this happen during the wee hours in the morning. Damn... Items lost:

1) JVC KD-G615 HU
2) Precicion Power PPI440X 4 Channel Amp
3) CD Wallet with my original CD Collections
4) 12" Audiobank sub

Fxxk those thiefs... I must have been marked. I have always kept low profile, no loud bass booming, hid my face plate sumwhere in the car and yet they still come after my stuffs...

Please if anyone saw anyone selling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience