Are Lightweight Rims worth the investment?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I know, I am using AD08R also on my Evo. But the thing is my son just learned to drive 2 years ago. I am not going to give him something risky, at least not until he has a lot more experience.
Your son so young only ah..I thought already working type.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
aiyak. cant afford new car. haha

i'm happy with re003. i dont whack in the rain but if using extreme i'm pretty sure i will drive slower than 80. hahaha
But you know a guy that drive more than 80km/h with extreme..Hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: sanekit

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Half century old already. Lol
Meaning the fuel gauge is at the half tank level. Just a matter of perspective. Like the glass of water, is it half full or half empty? The earlier half may be spent striving for a living. So the later half may get to enjoy the fruits of earlier labor.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Meaning the fuel gauge is at the half tank level. Just a matter of perspective. Like the glass of water, is it half full or half empty? The earlier half may be spent striving for a living. So the later half may get to enjoy the fruits of earlier labor.
Still struggling and striving bro, cannot relax and enjoy much yet. Kids getting into college so expenses escalating there.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
But you know a guy that drive more than 80km/h with extreme..Hahahaha
We all know a guy who drives more than 80km/h with extreme tyres. *Pointing at you

extreme tires i scared scared raining time slide slide. :tearsofjoy:
Contrary to popular belief, not all extreme tyres have no grip in the rain..... I've used Hankook RS3, RSR, AD07, AD08R all in the rain on different platforms and I don't really see any issue with grip. But granted - I wasn't driving like a mad-man in the rain, just normal road speeds like 70-80km/h max 100km/h. Braking and grip no issue and no aquaplaning unlike the rubbish GY NCT5 (which isn't an extreme tyre I know). Main problem with extreme tyres is the wear is stupidly high only and won't last you max a year on the road.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Contrary to popular belief, not all extreme tyres have no grip in the rain..... I've used Hankook RS3, RSR, AD07, AD08R all in the rain on different platforms and I don't really see any issue with grip. But granted - I wasn't driving like a mad-man in the rain, just normal road speeds like 70-80km/h max 100km/h. Braking and grip no issue and no aquaplaning unlike the rubbish GY NCT5 (which isn't an extreme tyre I know). Main problem with extreme tyres is the wear is stupidly high only and won't last you max a year on the road.
wah. my re003 lasted 4 years. hahaha. with re003 oso i scared to drive fast in the rain. highway speed when raining only 90kmh max. if i go extreme i'll definitely pitstop at rnr and wait for the road to dry up. :tearsofjoy:

but.. RE71R is damn sex.. i would buy that than R888R.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
wah. my re003 lasted 4 years. hahaha. with re003 oso i scared to drive fast in the rain. highway speed when raining only 90kmh max. if i go extreme i'll definitely pitstop at rnr and wait for the road to dry up. :tearsofjoy:

but.. RE71R is damn sex.. i would buy that than R888R.
Isn't the R888R considered semi-slick already?

Anyway driving fast in the rain isn't for us mere mortals. Gotta have tofu mad skillz :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Isn't the R888R considered semi-slick already?

Anyway driving fast in the rain isn't for us mere mortals. Gotta have tofu mad skillz :biggrin:
Us mere mortals only have balls of tofu when it’s raining heavily.
Frankly speaking I also balls shrink, I don’t want to drift with a RWD in the rain.

• Haha
Reactions: Izso and sanekit

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How much work am i looking at to fit a ver.7 Brembos on a satria (both 4pot-frnt/2pot-rear)..? :bike:
I was wondering Cause the sti's brembo caliper mounts on the back-end of rotor compared to Evos that mounts them on front-end of rotor like most FWD brake.

Other than having to use a wheel dat fits.. wat bout the caliper mounting brackets etc.
Is it actually impossible? any experience on this kind of conversions..? :hmmmm:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience