Are Lightweight Rims worth the investment?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
thanks all.
I'm looking at advanti rims because most aftermarket lightweight rims do not have pcd 4 x 114.3 which renders limited choices.
have you all heard from Kean Lee Hin store at jalan ipoh, which is one of the authorized supplier for Advanti rims?

Will the gap between the fender and the tyre look weird with aftermarket lightweight rims?
Take ur time if u really interested with aftermarket.
But not much fancy choices for 4x114.
Took me 3 mth to search for right ssr type-c 4x114.

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
where to b
where to begin with since, I only know about Kean Lee Hin?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hmm I think that should not matter much if at all as long as the rolling diameter is about the same. Weight on the other hand plays a significant role.
that's my point la. rolling diameter is 5% different.. haiyo.. ok let's just drop this chain of thought already

You bough ori? Can teach how to see if ori or not?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
that's my point la. rolling diameter is 5% different.. haiyo.. ok let's just drop this chain of thought already

Bro, you're wrong, wheels diameter is different but rolling diameter in that video 2 is NOT 5% different! As I said earlier, the 18 is actually 1% bigger rolling diameter yet generates more whp.

In video 3, one of the lighter rim is also exactly same diameter and tire size so again exactly same rolling diameter.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Ori or not...susah to differentiate just by look.
Like mine ssr type c.
Rim weight is 3.85kg , not too unbelievable cheap.
And trust between buyer and seller.

Reactions: minibeany

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ori or not...susah to differentiate just by look.
Like mine ssr type c.
Rim weight is 3.85kg , not too unbelievable cheap.
And trust between buyer and seller.
That's insanely light for a 15". Good stuff bro
The spec on paper for 15' is not that light. It's around 9.3-9.7lbs or 4.2-4.4kg. Still very light nonetheless. The 15' which is under 4kg as far as I know is only Racing Hart CP035 at about 3.9kg.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Just want to check whether has anyone been caught by hidden speed trap and challenge the summon in court?

Was caught twice in Johor bahru; once in oct 2012 traveling 90km/h at Danga Bay area (60km/h speed limit) which I paid and again recently in jan 2014 traveling 92km/h at kulai area (70km/h speed limit). Both time by hidden camera without any warnings.

I thought that the Deputy IGP in 2011 has declared that police will stop ambushing motorists. Will the court entertain our...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience