Apm performax abs & spring

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wanna ask any Sifu use these product before?
didn't see much people review on this product.
My Myvi abs gonna spoil so I am just surveying abs.

I also had consider Kyb excel G also
Just can't decide which to go for:tearsofjoy:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
APM performax is low. Short stroke absorbers and low sports springs. Confirm your Myvi will be lowered by a LOT. So prepare to lower your car a lot and increase the stiffness of the car. If that's what you're looking for then sure go buy it. Not recommended to mix the APM Performax springs with stock long stroke absorbers. It's bad.

Kayaba Excel G is stock absorbers.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
APM performax is low. Short stroke absorbers and low sports springs. Confirm your Myvi will be lowered by a LOT. So prepare to lower your car a lot and increase the stiffness of the car. If that's what you're looking for then sure go buy it. Not recommended to mix the APM Performax springs with stock long stroke absorbers. It's bad.

Kayaba Excel G is stock absorbers.
Okay....I had chg adjustable before so I think the stiffness will not stiffer then adjustable?
My adjustable spoil quite some time so I just change back to stock abs. But after sometime due to my very bad driving habit stock one also gonna die soon.
So I was surveying GAB SA,APM perfomax,D2 heavy duty abs I saw GAB SA & D2 heavy duty can use back stock spring so I am quite intrested.
Is it possible to use back stock spring match with Apm Perfomax abs?

Reactions: Kevinho

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Okay....I had chg adjustable before so I think the stiffness will not stiffer then adjustable?
My adjustable spoil quite some time so I just change back to stock abs. But after sometime due to my very bad driving habit stock one also gonna die soon.
So I was surveying GAB SA,APM perfomax,D2 heavy duty abs I saw GAB SA & D2 heavy duty can use back stock spring so I am quite intrested.
u can use normal spring with performance abs or performance spring with stock abs but the absorber wont last long.
Stock absorber cannot cope with the bound and rebound character of sport spring and same goes the other way around.

Not sure if heavy duty abs works well with sport spring.

What is suggest is you set your goal.If u want better handling,go for sport abs and sport spring, sacrifice comfort..a lot esp in small light car as most of the time the spring rate is just anything the shop sell to us.

If u want reliability then go back to stock.Bear in mind that with time or abuse,even the coil spring will wear out hence i suggest replacing the spring as well if u havent do so.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
u can use normal spring with performance abs or performance spring with stock abs but the absorber wont last long.
Stock absorber cannot cope with the bound and rebound character of sport spring and same goes the other way around.

Not sure if heavy duty abs works well with sport spring.

What is suggest is you set your goal.If u want better handling,go for sport abs and sport spring, sacrifice comfort..a lot esp in small light car as most of the time the spring rate is just anything the shop sell to us.

If u want reliability then go back to stock.Bear in mind that with time or abuse,even the coil spring will wear out hence i suggest replacing the spring as well if u havent do so.

OK,thanks for the advice!!!!
Maybe will consider APM abs with stock spring. Spring maybe I will try Kyb K flex spring since they are same height as stock.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I’m using the Performax absorbers with stock spring. All I can say is jangan. Too harsh.

I got brand new Performax springs for sale for silly cheap price. Getting rid of things from my store. If you’re interested.

Get KYB excel G la. Better.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Aiyo..service the adjustable la.. Or consider the Ftuned entry level package. RM2k thereabouts only for Myvi.

And don't mix APM springs with normal absorbers. Stupidly uncomfortable and so goddamn low. My friend has this setup and although it's low looking and all, it's not practical and crashy.

Stock spring and short stroke absorbers is not gonna last la.. the short stroke abs will be under pressure all the time and probably leak faster than you can drive. They aren't cheap either.

If you want cheap and cheerful with some level of control - try Sachs. This brand is stiffer than Kayaba but not as insane as APM and it is long stroke so it works well with stock springs.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
SACHS for Myvi went downhill in quality. Avoid.
Its a boat la, what you wanna do, just keep it stock lah.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
SACHS for Myvi went downhill in quality. Avoid.
Its a boat la, what you wanna do, just keep it stock lah.

I think I will consider Kyb excel G. Since JB here hard to find sachs.
Monroe is also hard to find on JB too.Someone also recommend me this brand

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Aiyo..service the adjustable la.. Or consider the Ftuned entry level package. RM2k thereabouts only for Myvi.

And don't mix APM springs with normal absorbers. Stupidly uncomfortable and so goddamn low. My friend has this setup and although it's low looking and all, it's not practical and crashy.

Stock spring and short stroke absorbers is not gonna last la.. the short stroke abs will be under pressure all the time and probably leak faster than you can drive. They aren't cheap either.

If you want cheap and cheerful with some level of control - try Sachs. This brand is stiffer than Kayaba but not as insane as APM and it is long stroke so it works well with stock springs.

Another reason I swap back to stock abs is due to my work inviroment has really rough road. So I just wanna have some normal abs.
Will consider Kyb since there are dealer here I can get with low price:kissingsmiling:
Thx for the advice btw.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
how bout monroe...they still around?
long time ago read good review abt them
I ban monroe dy. Years ago used on my Accord. 3months only went soft, send for claim since warranty 6 months. They check and say no jam, no leak cannot claim...:banghead: I went find original half cut ones, used until I sold the car.....lol:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A typical qualifying day with last minute adjustments, testing, and modifications carried by almost all the teams in the camp. While Pentagon Racing took pole position for tomorrow's race, Kegani Racing's car #36 took ninth place and car #37 took 16th. At the end of it, this is an endurance race and what matters is consistency, not all out speed. While we look forward to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience