Anyone tested Nitto Neo Gen tyres?

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, well it's time for me to replace a new set of rubbers for my Altezza RS200 after some survey around. I'm currently have shortlisted few tyres like Bridgestone Potenza RE002 Adrenalin (but made in Indonesia or Thailand), Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2, F1 Directional 5 & Nitto Neo Gen as well.

I've friends using the Potenza RE002, F1 Asymmetric 2 & F1 Directional 5 but none of them heard of Nitto Neo Gen. Therefore, I got to ask anyone here who are currently running on this set of tyres so they can share some honest review on it. Price quoted to me was reasonable actually & fits within my budget for a new set of rubbers.

I've been quoted as the following:
215/45/17 : RM 420 each
225/45/17 : RM 480 each
* I was told that these tyres are made in Japan!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
nitto is famous for drag tyre....the ballon drag tyre...

but for road course handling not sure.....maybe is average in term of sidewall stiffness...but i think can benefit from their compound??

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
when comes to tyres, you should tag sifu VR, sadly no tag function:biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
when comes to tyres, you should tag sifu VR, sadly no tag function:biggrin:
Thanks peter, but not know all lah! Maybe slightly more knowledge then some only....:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Hey guys, well it's time for me to replace a new set of rubbers for my Altezza RS200 after some survey around. I'm currently have shortlisted few tyres like Bridgestone Potenza RE002 Adrenalin (but made in Indonesia or Thailand), Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2, F1 Directional 5 & Nitto Neo Gen as well.

I've friends using the Potenza RE002, F1 Asymmetric 2 & F1 Directional 5 but none of them heard of Nitto Neo Gen. Therefore, I got to ask anyone here who are currently running on this set of tyres so they can share some honest review on it. Price quoted to me was reasonable actually & fits within my budget for a new set of rubbers.

I've been quoted as the following:
215/45/17 : RM 420 each
225/45/17 : RM 480 each
* I was told that these tyres are made in Japan!
Yes, the Neo Gen are made in Japan. Currently not much feedback as not many users. Either that or not many giving feedback. Their website mention good wet grip, but looking at the thread pattern, not sure aquaplane resistance is good or not, as design looks like Yoko Parada Spec 2. Not many straight line grooves.
I will still go for Asy2 as I have used before and love them. Give Bro. Izso a pm and see whether he serious in selling his Asy2 (215/45R17) as he wants to go comfort (50 series).....:biggrin:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
I was almost went for neogen before got poisoned by Acanta a pair of KU36. lol

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Thanks bro VR2turbo for your kind reply. I've decided to give Nitto Neo Gen a try for my money this round of change. If it doesn't fits with my driving style, then next change will be going for Goodyear F1 Asym 2 already.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks bro VR2turbo for your kind reply. I've decided to give Nitto Neo Gen a try for my money this round of change. If it doesn't fits with my driving style, then next change will be going for Goodyear F1 Asym 2 already.
And give us some feedback.....:adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yeah. Give feedback. I hate my Assy2 tyres. Maybe can do a direct swap. :biggrin:

Mine bought in June only!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah. Give feedback. I hate my Assy2 tyres. Maybe can do a direct swap. :biggrin:

Mine bought in June only!
Sell to Bro. SF loh....if cheap I also want. I love those tyres, it hold my VR power very well woh! Best so far with all the tyres that I have used. My old set still on the Hyundai, and my daughter's boss who drives an Audi saw and mentioned to her, wah! you also using top GY tyres ah!:driver:.....hhahahhahhahaha :rofl:

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Don't worry bros, I'll definitely provide review once I try Nitto Neo Gen tyres.

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Nitto is one of the product that made in Toyo Factory in Japan.
But price a bit higher, and tread design very unique, mainly for performance.

You will regret if u buy RE002, price expensive, noisy and poor wet performance, only good in dry condition, and the worse thing is - U buy with Japan product, pay Japan price, but tyre made from Indo/Thai.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

I rather buy either
a) Michelin PS3 - Silent, good wet performance and dry condition, price acceptable because MICHELIN.
b) Toyo T1Sport - Silent, good wet and dry performance, and made from Japan with reasonable price.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The closet thing that could compare to this would be one of those Tour de France crashes that starts with just one rider frantically cycling in a tight group of riders and then losing his balance or knocking into another rider and face-planting himself onto the road.

The follow-up ensues with about 50 other riders behind knocking into him and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience