Anyone knows how can i clean the wheel arch? its full of dirt and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Smell like concentrated orange juice, even has almost the same colour....dangerous to keep inside the house wooo.

And....errr....that's not really 'all of it', they're just the ones that are worth mentioning...hehehe....

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Krismas,

Mind sharing with us which is the the MOST POWERFUL(cleans with minimal/no agitation)? Wheel Brightener?
Depends on what you're trying to clean and on what surface. Some of these chemicals are designed to do a specific job so it can be good on one thing but only works so-so on another. Those products which are all-purpose...well...like the saying goes: "Jack of all trades but master in none".

If you want 'Jack of all trade'....stick with what you have, which is OPC or other branded 'multi' cleaner.

Last edited:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Wah still got some more!
Yeah...I got a little more stashed away somewhre....somewhere. Oh...you want cheap AND effective APC? Check this one out (this is an old pics I found stashed away somewhere...somewhere).

That 1 1/2 litre bottle can make 15 gallons man......

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Whatever we enthusiast use, please consider what kind of product we will be using on rides we detail(ours or others), the love ones around us when we store such chemical in the home(especially have old folks & little children) and to the environment.

I know a seller wanna sell me this cheap 500ml super thick+packs a punch crap for less than RM10. I say to myself this crap will NEVER be near my home. Who knows what kind of gases might be leaking from that bottle? Not even a single instruction/dilution ratio/MSDS!

He mainly sell it to car washes... sad to hear that but true.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
We enthusiasts would NEVER use that.....but I'd be interested to test it out. Who knows, that could be a re-bottled branded item that the guy brought in by the barrel and decided to re-bottle it and sell it for cheap cheap......

Looks quite similar to Malco Red Thunder by the way......

Last edited:

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
True KC. I noticed that some harsh degreaser/multi cleaner also does have a strong toxic smell that also makes working environment more unpleasant & requires to wear face mask. OPC has a milder scent & also makes me feel more comfortable using it after reading their MSDS(Material Safety Data Sheet).

Optimum Power Clean/Alien Clean always my preferred multi cleaner. Has the punching power of harsh degreaser/multi cleaner with the minimal health risk involved which I believe is very important because I will be storing it in the house.

The heart of this man is wonderful & transparently displayed at his inventions

look at just his awesome Green Eco Friendly Alien's No rinse wash (aka ONR)

unlike all other car shampoo soapy surfactants to wash off into the storm drains, where as No Rinse™ Wash & Shine does not require rinsing at all (with just 7.5 litre water clean a whole car ) saves resources & minimised green house effect

Just recalled this from my firefox bookmark.

Let Dr. David Ghodoussi and Mike Phillips at the Show Car Garage Studio at Autogeek.net to further explain. They say once better we say 10+ times.

Live Broadcast - Optimum Detailing Class at Autogeek's 6th Annual DetailFest - YouTube

For those who just want to know whether Optimum Power Clean/Alien Clean WILL ETCH the paint or not. See video @ 0:13:50

Daniel & the staff of the TM car wash

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

I echo again

Just show me your work

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

do check out what auto geek says about Alien Clean

Click here direct access to Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Oh got to love DG ultimate orange degreaser. Use it for cleaning interior carpets, rims, wheel wells, arches, etc. Price very reasonable too compared to OPC. Does not pack as much punch as compared to other degreasers but very suitable for maintenance. This one I can assure you is paint safe. D-limonene is also used in lots of paint safe tar removers such as Osren latest premium tar remover and CarPro tarX.

Haven't seen a prosumer degreaser that is acid based. BTW, Megs wheel brightener is meant for wheels/rims in specific brake dust with iron filings. It is not a degreaser. Just like Dodo mellow yellow which is also acid based. Tried OPC before on those and it is not very effective and just a waste of product. CarPro ironX works great on heavy brake dust filings.

Must agree with bro Krismas that we enthusiasts will never try all those no brand cheap degreasers.

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Oh got to love DG ultimate orange degreaser. Use it for cleaning interior carpets, rims, wheel wells, arches, etc. Price very reasonable too compared to OPC. Does not pack as much punch as compared to other degreasers but very suitable for maintenance. This one I can assure you is paint safe. D-limonene is also used in lots of paint safe tar removers such as Osren latest premium tar remover and CarPro tarX.

Haven't seen a prosumer degreaser that is acid based. BTW, Megs wheel brightener is meant for wheels/rims in specific brake dust with iron filings. It is not a degreaser. Just like Dodo mellow yellow which is also acid based. Tried OPC before on those and it is not very effective and just a waste of product. CarPro ironX works great on heavy brake dust filings.

Must agree with bro Krismas that we enthusiasts will never try all those no brand cheap degreasers.
Sounds great but based on autogeek. It didn't mention about DG Ultimate Orange to be PAINT SAFE! Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Duragloss Ultimate Orange (UO) #461

Optimum Power Clean All Purpose Cleaner 17 oz. New & Improved!

I'm no chemist so if the manufacturer doesn't claim it can do this and that. I don't dare to do it. Better be safe than sorry later.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
No matter what products, there is one thing that KC reminded me. I use to hang polishing MFs and sponges and pads in my aircond room (where I sleep) overnight because they dry fast. The issue of VOCs slipped my mind. It is better to keep these stuff away, outside the house as they gradually release VOCs over time. Even Optimum products are VOC compliant, but little exposure over long term is also not good. There are some products that I have to keep indoor, so what I do now is keep them all in big containers to contain whatever fumes that is leaked out.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

P.S. - There is a difference between a person asking for advice and one that already made up his mind and just looking for people to agree with him :burnout:

Last edited:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
No matter what products, there is one thing that KC reminded me. I use to hang polishing MFs and sponges and pads in my aircond room (where I sleep) overnight because they dry fast. The issue of VOCs slipped my mind. It is better to keep these stuff away, outside the house as they gradually release VOCs over time. Even Optimum products are VOC compliant, but little exposure over long term is also not good. There are some products that I have to keep indoor, so what I do now is keep them all in big containers to contain whatever fumes that is leaked out.
I have to admit I have a bad habit of sniffing them. Except for Sonax Extreme Wheel Cleaner and CarPro IronX (which smells like rotten egg...really really rotten egg), the rest makes one hell of an ordour eliminator and can make my whole house smells like a perfume garden. Come on, admit it, most of them do smell very nice don't they???....hahahaha.....Joking aside, I only keep my waxes and sealants indoor. The rest are either outside or in the store room at the back of my house.

P.S. - There is a difference between a person asking for advice and one that already made up his mind and just looking for people to agree with him :burnout:
BINGO

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

You guys wanna see something? Some of you might have seen this before but, what the heck...I'll throw in another factor into an already complicated 'discussions'.

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
AndI was thinking what ar those in the round container. It's pH paper!!!! Like a scientist yo...

Well, actually i never believe that strong cleaners can be neutral pH. Those that manage to do that are not so strong and can't clean well. So its a tradeoff really. You can't have a really strong cleaner and pH neutral one at the same time. But it is fine really. Because most strong cleaners like OPC always advise the users not to let is dry up on the paint. So the moment of contact with the paint is suppose to be very short and thus no harm at all is done to the paint. The problem comes when people ignore it and let strong cleaners soak on the paint :biggrin:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
You got that right. Our cars paintwork are really much tougher than we give them credit for. So, to generalize, it's not the products that harmful to the paint, it's the person using it. Same thing goes with food: it's not the food that make us fat, it's what we eat.....

Anyway, the pH level is just part of the whole chemical reaction process thingy and we can't really conclude how strong a cleaner they are based on that alone. But it does play a certain role in choosing which product to do what.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Oh....and I'm no scientist....just pretending to be one....hahahaha....

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Hi guys,

This thread has gone way out of topic, let's keep it clean instead of Brand X vs. Brand Y. Peace all detailers :)

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there ,
This is the first time I post thread.......:)
Hope to gain some information from all car enthusiasts here/ senior
I knew a turbo kit is about 2500.
Then Including other necessary changes .....
My question is, what about the JPJ part ?????
Sure can isit , if i want to bold on turbo kit ?? Or any other problem ???

If I have the choice, MIVEC 1.6 better or Turbo KIt ??????

Please inform me every sifus and seniors. THANKS :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience