Anyone knows how can i clean the wheel arch? its full of dirt and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Anyone knows how can i clean the wheel arch? its full of dirt and stuff... i think it's been there for a long long long long time... :x
[snapback]52151839[/snapback]​
have you been having lots of struggles in getting your ride clean.....inspite of paying hundreds or thousand of $$$$$$ still struggling to make your baby shines or rescue her scratches

under the wheel arch

before –

agitate with Alien power clean & brush off

testing time – how good is good?

ta da

-------moving into interior----------
ta da

tips for cleaning wheel well - definitely with the help of brushes
wheels arch cleaning

ehhhhhh

look at this abandon ride (park under the trees for years) coated with tree saps

pain in the ass to get rids of it

during the magical transformation takes place

ta da - after paint transference removed - by All power Alien clean

to read more at here
hi KC, i would like to attend ur auto detailing class. when u going to organize an auto detailing class again?
[snapback]52111850[/snapback]​
soon very soon - get ready to rock

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
To some people, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY DEGREASER OR MULTI CLEANER to compare with Optimum Power Clean/Alien Clean for paint cleaning! Doing so will cause disaster. OPC/Alien Clean is a specially formulated polymer-based cleaner. Can be called "Science in a bottle".

fishbonezken

Feb 13, 2006
Nice thread KC, clean wheel arches do make a difference!

Bro Showtime, not trying to correct your statement or anything but there are many cleaners out there that can be classified as degreasers and vice versa. I've used Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner, Meguiar's Super Degreaser, Osren Degreaser FX and Osren Multi Clean to deep the clean the paint many times with no adverse effects. Just have to use the usual precautions such as not using it on a hot panel and rinse it off before it dries off. I only do this prior to polishing since I don't want my pads to become to turn black so fast from polishing a neglected car. Doing it regularly *might* pose some adverse effects such as drying out the paint which *may* lead to premature clearcoat failure. Which is where paint polishes is used to clean paint instead of cleaners & degreasers. Bottom line, besides knowing the product that you are using, it's also how you use it. Hope that clears up any misconception to some people.

Cheers

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Second Fishbonez's reply.

OPC is a remarkable product I must say and I have yet to see any others come close to it. It can degrease and yet so safe that it can clean interiors. But to say that other products will cause disaster is a little exaggeration. OPC is paint safe. So is many other product that is labeled "paint safe". The problem comes only when people ignore instructions and used not paint safe products on paint. One example is using Megs APC on paint. It is clearly stated "DO NOT USE ON PAINTED AREAS".

At the end of the day, all of these are chemicals. There are people saying that degreasers/strong cleaners are poison but OPC is safe. But in the end, OPC is also a chemical and poison as well. Paint safe doesn't mean safe for consumption. If a person keeps advocating this, perhaps he should try to drink OPC to demonstrate that it is not a poison.

Hope that clears any misconception and happy detailing...

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL

Bro Showtime, not trying to correct your statement or anything but there are many cleaners out there that can be classified as degreasers and vice versa. I've used Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner, Meguiar's Super Degreaser, Osren Degreaser FX and Osren Multi Clean to deep the clean the paint many times with no adverse effects. Just have to use the usual precautions such as not using it on a hot panel and rinse it off before it dries off. I only do this prior to polishing since I don't want my pads to become to turn black so fast from polishing a neglected car. Doing it regularly *might* pose some adverse effects such as drying out the paint which *may* lead to premature clearcoat failure. Which is where paint polishes is used to clean paint instead of cleaners & degreasers. Bottom line, besides knowing the product that you are using, it's also how you use it. Hope that clears up any misconception to some people.

Cheers
Wow fish!! One of the legends finally replied! I saw most of your detailing works that you mixed shampoo+degreaser FX to further cleanse the paint but bro hitachi of osren doesn't really recommend it. Use at own risk.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I was once like you bro. Thinking that all other products are bad because of ideas being put into my mind. But I have stepped out of it. I'm a scientist, and I just cannot take untrue facts that is fed into my mind. In science, truth must prevail. So what I'm trying to do is just clear up any misconception, that's all. I was once mistaken, so now I hope to help others currently in the same state out of it.

fishbonezken

Feb 13, 2006
Wow fish!! One of the legends finally replied! I saw most of your detailing works that you mixed shampoo+degreaser FX to further cleanse the paint but bro hitachi of osren doesn't really recommend it. Use at own risk.
Bro I'm not a legend. Although I start early, many have already surpassed me with their determination and persistence. I wouldn't recommend the shampoo+degreaser method too since I don't want to take responsibility should something go wrong. I just show my process, it's entirely up to you to use it or not.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

Cheers
the legend has spoken..nuff said. i have personally used fishboneken's special dilution ratio of one of the strongest cleaner.Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner to clean Leather..yes its original BMW Leather. works wonders.:adore:
Ive worked with the legend himself. There is no such thing as degreaser and apc is not safe. Showtime i was once like youm OPC is everything. but now i see the true picture. Hope you enjoy the process of finding out the truth

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Hmmm.... don't know what to say and have not said anything up to now.... but I also can't leave things like this.

Why all the underlying resentment and unhappiness? *sigh*

Aren't we all just detailers that love detailing?

There are many products with many different uses. Are they all the same? Most definitely not!

Everyone has an opinion and we can't control everything that is written about any product but that doesn't mean either that one is right and the other wrong, just two differing opinions.

It is indeed disappointing to read some of the post which have implied that untrue facts (which is an oxymoron in itself) have been spread... but let's look at the facts.

KC just shared how easily it is to clean a dirty wheel arch with OPC. Indeed OPC is a great product and does make it very easy to clean stubborn stains SAFELY.

Does this mean that there are no other products that can do the same? Of course not!

Anyone wanting to start their own thread on how you can clean wheel arches with washing detergent/floor cleaners/acid/thinner/some other APC/degreaser/etc are most welcome to do so as well. We were just sharing what can be done with OPC.

Can you achieve the same with the many other brands on the market? Of course you can!

Perhaps some of this controversy was started by ShowTime's statement on how OPC is safe for the paint while other products may not be. Controversial statement?

Indeed...

ShowTime is a hardcore detailing enthusiast who meticulously maintains his ride in pristine condition and that was just his opinion.

Was what he posted an untrue fact?

Best to just go back to basics and examine the facts of the matter to get to the true facts... :-)

Technically, as Fish pointed out, a degreaser is just a stronger cleaner but then again, there are many different types available on the market.

Optimum is based in the USA and there are legal requirements on what can be printed on labels and there are requirements to maintain MSDS sheets etc.

IS OPC SAFE FOR PAINT COMPARED WITH DEGREASERS FROM OTHER MANUFACTURERS?

Optimum clearly states on their label that OPC is environmentally friendly, safe on all vehicle surfaces and SAFE FOR THE USER.

What about the other products from other manufacturers?

Let's compare the FACTS!

As an example.... and for illustration purposes only as the label and MSDS for this product is also readily available and it is also made in the USA.

Meguiar's Super Degreaser.

A great product for what it does, which is to degrease engine bays etc. I was also a Meguiar's user before switching over to Optimum and they make great products.

However, while the Meg's SD is great for degreasing engine bays, it is not recommended for use on paint. Which is what started all of this controversy in the first place isn't it?

Can you use other products for paint or leather? OF COURSE! But are you sure you want to?

Let's check out the FACTS on this matter.

The MSDS sheets for both of these products are available here:

OPC:
http://www.optimumcarcare.com.au/msds/MSDS%20Power%20Clean%20PC2008%202009%281%29.pdf

Meg's Super Degreaser:
http://www.meguiars.com.au/msds_files/D10805.pdf

Do download them, print them out and study them carefully. It is a legal disclosure document that all manufacturers have to file so it is a FACT!

You will see that OPC is completely safe to use. No major health hazards, non flamable, no respiratory protection required, NOT HAZARDOUS TO TRANSPORT ACCORDING TO D.O.T. REGULATIONS, exempted from listing on the TSCA inventory of chemical substances, does not fall under Section 302, 304, 312 or 313 for toxic or hazardous chemicals AND under California State Law, I quote, "THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS NO CHEMICALS LISTED BY THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA UNDER THE SAFE DRINKING WATER AND TOXIC ENFORCEMENT ACT OF 1986 AS BEING KNOWN TO CAUSE CANCER, BIRTH DEFECTS, OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM."

How much safer can a product be and yet still has such cleaning power?

What about the Meg's SD?

It is classified as a CORROSIVE LIQUID containing potassium hydroxide, it is a combustible liquid, has an S5 Poison schedule, is TOXIC TO AQUATIC ORGANISMS, several of the ingredients have listed toxicity levels. There is an entire section on ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION on Page 10 of the MSDS stating clearly DO NOT allow product to contaminate water and to dispose of the product properly as it is HIGHLY TOXIC to fish and other aquatic organisms. It is also classified as a Class 8 Corrosive material and has a Hazchem rating of: 2x and a Class 8 rating for dangerous goods for land, sea and air transport as well.

How about Meg's All Purpose Cleaner you ask?

MSDS here:
http://www.meguiars.com.au/msds_files/D10105.pdf

Chemwatch Hazard Rating:
Body Contact: HIGH
Toxicity: Moderate
Chronic: Moderate

S5 Poison Schedule, combustible, is listed under the Australia Exposure Standards, components have a listed toxicity level, GROUP 3 CARCINOGEN!!!, listed as a COMBUSTIBLE LIQUID for transport labels.

So..... back to the point at hand. Are all the products the same if they all perform the same function? Need I say more?

IS OPC SAFE FOR PAINT COMPARED WITH DEGREASERS FROM OTHER MANUFACTURERS?

Maybe you should take a close look at the MSDS sheets for all the products and decide which ones you want to use and which ones you might want to take some other precautionary measures with.

The entire list of Optimum's MSDS sheets are here:
Optimum Car Care Products Australia : MSDS

Meg's is here:
MSDS | Meguiar's

As I said, many products on the market and we are all free to choose any that we like.

Look up the FACTS and make up your own minds. All this disagreements, accusations, etc. are all uncalled for.

If you don't like it, don't use it.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

There is no such thing as degreaser and apc is not safe. Showtime i was once like youm OPC is everything. but now i see the true picture. Hope you enjoy the process of finding out the truth
Maybe we should find out the truth first before preaching it to others....

Link for your convenience.
OPC
http://www.optimumcarcare.com.au/msds/MSDS%20Power%20Clean%20PC2008%202009%281%29.pdf

SD
http://www.meguiars.com.au/msds_files/D10805.pdf

APC
http://www.meguiars.com.au/msds_files/D10105.pdf

Dissapointing.....

fishbonezken

Feb 13, 2006
..and that's how you do a valid rebuttal!

Seech, I apologise if I've disrespected you or your line of products as I have no intention to do so.

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Seech/Jack long winded response. Read properly what Showtime posted and where are all the response are aimed at.

"To some people, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY DEGREASER OR MULTI CLEANER to compare with Optimum Power Clean/Alien Clean for paint cleaning! Doing so will cause disaster. OPC/Alien Clean is a specially formulated polymer-based cleaner. Can be called "Science in a bottle"."

Generalizing saying nothing beats OPC. Please clarify and elaborate on the word "DISASTER" when using ANY other degreaser/multicleaner. Of course such a statement is surely going to stir the hornets.

The word "safe" for the user is subjective. My own skin is having problems when in contact with degreaser like OPC as well as others. Skin tingles when it comes into contact with my skin and crack/peel later. That's why I now use long vinyl gloves to protect my hands from coming into contact with all these chemicals. Safe that you won't die or suffer terminal illness? Maybe. Safe if accidentally consumed? Hmmm...

Surely some people using OPC never bothered about what was stated in the MSDS:

SECTION IX: EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECTION
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT FOR ROUTINE HANDLING:
EYES: USE PROPER PROTECTION – SAFETY GLASSES AT A MINIMUM.
SKIN: WASH WITH SOAP AND WATER BEFORE EATING, DRINKING, SMOKING OR USING TOILET
FACILITIES. LAUNDER CONTAMINATED CLOTHING BEFORE REUSE.
SUITABLE GLOVES: POLYVINYLCHLORIDE.
INHALATION: NO RESPIRATORY PROTECTION SHOULD BE NEEDED

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Seech/Jack long winded response. Read properly what Showtime posted and where are all the response are aimed at.

"To some people, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY DEGREASER OR MULTI CLEANER to compare with Optimum Power Clean/Alien Clean for paint cleaning! Doing so will cause disaster. OPC/Alien Clean is a specially formulated polymer-based cleaner. Can be called "Science in a bottle"."

Generalizing saying nothing beats OPC. Please clarify and elaborate on the word "DISASTER" when using ANY other degreaser/multicleaner. Of course such a statement is surely going to stir the hornets.

The word "safe" for the user is subjective. My own skin is having problems when in contact with degreaser like OPC as well as others. Skin tingles when it comes into contact with my skin and crack/peel later. That's why I now use long vinyl gloves to protect my hands from coming into contact with all these chemicals. Safe that you won't die or suffer terminal illness? Maybe. Safe if accidentally consumed? Hmmm...

Sorry to have caused some confusion in my previous post. What I was trying to say is... You can't really be certain what will happen if you use any degreaser/multi cleaner full strength of other brand without knowing what might happen. Most degreaser/multicleaner I used other than Optimum Power Clean/Alien Clean does make rubber turn white too. Seech/Jack personally admitted of using Optimum Power Clean/Alien Clean all the time and at full strength(especially on paint) without any side affects. Just remember to use on a cool surface in the shade and do not let it dry. Rinse immediately before it dries. Also safer for the consumer and minimum impact to the environment is a plus. MSDS is their proof.

Last edited:

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
bro eohl79
I have worked in a children home over 10 years (orphanage) seen so much children with irritant & sensitive skins, some even have eczema...some with even allergy to cockroach path & get allergy if comes in contact.....

we have to be wise as a serpent but be as gentle like a dove

even Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo has POLYVINYL CHLORIDE has in their Ingredient

Hazardous Decomp Products: POLYVINYL CHLORIDE EMITS HYDROGEN CHLORIDE & CO.

they even asked you to take precaution
INHALATION OF GLYCERIN MIST FOLLOWING ACCIDENTAL INGESTION MAY CAUSE
RESPIRATORY IRRITATION.
Emergency/First Aid Proc: EYES: FLUSH W/WATER. INGESTION: ENCOURAGE FLUID
INTAKE. OBTAIN MEDICAL ATTENTION IN ALL CASES.

http://skbiology.pbworks.com/f/MSDSJohnsonBabyShampoo.pdf
so is it safe to bath our babies & children with this so acclaimed PH5.5 neutral?

you and many others have attended our detailing clinic and I even corrected the way you hold your rotary, cos that will impose danger when working with machinery.....pls take serious precaution and handle with great care- not mentioning danger/injury impose to our body -

who says car detailing is safe! why do you reckon others charges thousand to clean a car - where u can just get done with one product

I did with just Alien clean & protect with Opt Protectant plus to clean up a massive thrashed up Porsche 4S interior, where other premier detailer quoted him RM4500

does it makes any sense?

My Passion is to bring awareness and empower others in car detailing ....

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Seech, I apologise if I've disrespected you or your line of products as I have no intention to do so.
bro not to worry

we loves u

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

secret of making rm 4500...its an Alcantara in a Porsche 4S

Car detailer: Porsche Carrera 911 4S - massive interior r3scue by KC's

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
its not exactly the wheel arch.

It more like the inner wheel arch, or inner wheel well.

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007

Hey fishy. No worries at all. I like and respect you bro. No one can match your meticulous attention to detail and unbiased opinion. Cheers!

Thank you for pointing out that the products are not meant to be consumed. Not sure what you are trying to say about that but anyway..... Let's just stick to the facts. I'm just pointing out that based in the MSDS sheets that OPC is much safer to use and has much less risks than the other products. Wearing gloves is definitely a good precaution especially if you have sensitive skin... All the more reason why you might want to reconsider using a product that is classified in the MSDS as being a CARCINOGEN! Also California has some of the strictest environmental laws anywhere in the world and OPC has been cleared by them also.

I'm just presenting the FACTS, it is up to the consumer to decide which they prefer....

In any case, I would also say that perhaps ShowTime was a bit over enthusiastic in his post and of course people would respond but that's not the problem.

The problem is that when we start to get responses like those below:

I was once like you bro. Thinking that all other products are bad because of ideas being put into my mind. But I have stepped out of it. I'm a scientist, and I just cannot take untrue facts that is fed into my mind. In science, truth must prevail. So what I'm trying to do is just clear up any misconception, that's all. I was once mistaken, so now I hope to help others currently in the same state out of it.
the legend has spoken..nuff said. i have personally used fishboneken's special dilution ratio of one of the strongest cleaner.Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner to clean Leather..yes its original BMW Leather. works wonders.:adore:
Ive worked with the legend himself. There is no such thing as degreaser and apc is not safe. Showtime i was once like youm OPC is everything. but now i see the true picture. Hope you enjoy the process of finding out the truth
Read it again.....

What are they trying to say?

Misconception? Untrue fact? No such thing as a degreaser and APC (that) is not safe? Now I see the true picture? Finding out the truth?

That's what my lengthy and according to you long winded response was addressing.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when someone suggests that there is some malicious attempt to spread lies then that's where I draw the line.

Anyway, I have said what I needed to say. My advice would be to make up your own minds and not be influenced by others as some people might have ulterior motives to discredit others for their own reasons.

Peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have been struggling with water stains on my windscreen & adding on driving in low light & kaboom rain -

you know by leaving yr white cars not wash for a week plus u will get stripes - like zebra - because of our acid rains, industrial fall out & esp working & staying near factory with emission fumes - I am one of the victim

this was what i have been struggling with for a long...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience