Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

Veloc

3,000 RPM

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
AndI was thinking what ar those in the round container. It's pH paper!!!! Like a scientist yo...

Well, actually i never believe that strong cleaners can be neutral pH. Those that manage to do that are not so strong and can't clean well. So its a tradeoff really. You can't have a really strong cleaner and pH neutral one at the same time. But it is fine really. Because most strong cleaners like OPC always advise the users not to let is dry up on the paint. So the moment of contact with the paint is suppose to be very short and thus no harm at all is done to the paint. The problem comes when people ignore it and let strong cleaners soak on the paint :biggrin:

KrisMas

Known Member

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
You got that right. Our cars paintwork are really much tougher than we give them credit for. So, to generalize, it's not the products that harmful to the paint, it's the person using it. Same thing goes with food: it's not the food that make us fat, it's what we eat.....

Anyway, the pH level is just part of the whole chemical reaction process thingy and we can't really conclude how strong a cleaner they are based on that alone. But it does play a certain role in choosing which product to do what.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Oh....and I'm no scientist....just pretending to be one....hahahaha....

yeehau86

Helmet Clan

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
www.hid.com.my
Hi guys,

This thread has gone way out of topic, let's keep it clean instead of Brand X vs. Brand Y. Peace all detailers :)

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.