anyone know how to mod 2 layer brake servo to civic eg non abs?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
all sifus, anyone can give me info on how to mod 2 layer brake servo to my civic eg which come only 1 layer brake servo and non abs? cause i got my eg6 2 layer brake servo but, the brake line hose fitting is different, eg6 with abs is 12 and mine non abs brake line fitting is 10... anyone can help??:bawling::bawling::nurse:

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

anybody?

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
all sifus, anyone can give me info on how to mod 2 layer brake servo to my civic eg which come only 1 layer brake servo and non abs? cause i got my eg6 2 layer brake servo but, the brake line hose fitting is different, eg6 with abs is 12 and mine non abs brake line fitting is 10... anyone can help??:bawling::bawling::nurse:

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

anybody?
the pipe same diameter?

if same, u must find suitable fitting nut. usually workshop got spares/unused laying around..
cut ur pipe to remove the ori fitting nut, insert 'new' nut n flares (using flaring tools of course) the pipe end.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
cannot get another brake servo from another car meh?
last time i did use honda 2 layer servo on my mitsu then end up brake jam always...now i only believe using same model will be more safe....

some how i heard lots of ads on web, virs 2 layer, ek9 and dc2 2 layers, all seller claim can install and even some say pnp to eg....how?:confused:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i changed mine from single layer to double layer. as far as i know it was plug and play. only needed to change the orientation of the master pump to fit onto the firewall. I'll need to check with my mech as i wasn't there when it was installed.

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
last time i did use honda 2 layer servo on my mitsu then end up brake jam always...now i only believe using same model will be more safe....

some how i heard lots of ads on web, virs 2 layer, ek9 and dc2 2 layers, all seller claim can install and even some say pnp to eg....how?:confused:
another option, only use double servo but maintain original master pump.

brake jammed bcoz master pump cant release back pressure. adjustment must be made at the pushrod if using different servo n master pump.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
i changed mine from single layer to double layer. as far as i know it was plug and play. only needed to change the orientation of the master pump to fit onto the firewall. I'll need to check with my mech as i wasn't there when it was installed.
i need this info as soon as possible, tqvm

U wan to mode like this?
About about the ABS output line? u close the ouput?

Source : gsr 1' brake setup on a crx - Honda-Tech
no sir, the 2 layer servo from the eg6 have same number and same position of line fitting as my single layer servo, just that eg6 got abs so the copper fitting as at the master cylinder is 12 and mine non abs line fitting is 10, so just wonder flaring it to change the fitting size is the only way or have other brake servo is pnp...if flaring, is it safe?

another option, only use double servo but maintain original master pump.

brake jammed bcoz master pump cant release back pressure. adjustment must be made at the pushrod if using different servo n master pump.
that is what i learn from hondatech, that is why i and my mech not dare to mix up the servo and master cylinder, not dare to risk :confused:

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

and i damn had searching stuff, everytime i search thing i wanted like now r32 4 pot or silvia 4 pot caliper, all sold, even mudah.my and zth also sold out..damn

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
i need this info as soon as possible, tqvm

no sir, the 2 layer servo from the eg6 have same number and same position of line fitting as my single layer servo, just that eg6 got abs so the copper fitting as at the master cylinder is 12 and mine non abs line fitting is 10, so just wonder flaring it to change the fitting size is the only way or have other brake servo is pnp...if flaring, is it safe?

that is what i learn from hondatech, that is why i and my mech not dare to mix up the servo and master cylinder, not dare to risk :confused:

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

and i damn had searching stuff, everytime i search thing i wanted like now r32 4 pot or silvia 4 pot caliper, all sold, even mudah.my and zth also sold out..damn
i think flaring no problem with proper tools.
or u can use adapter like the above pic.

usual la like that.. when search/needed cant find.. but when unneeded /founded, all item popping out.. :banghead:

mouse8899

Known Member
Oct 28, 2012
petaling jaya
yup, i think the picture was meant to explain to you about using the nipple adapter from 10 to 12. or else just cut and flare again.

every friggin' time, i want to find something it also happens to me, be it buying a car or finding my tools... sucks

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
yup, i think the picture was meant to explain to you about using the nipple adapter from 10 to 12. or else just cut and flare again.

every friggin' time, i want to find something it also happens to me, be it buying a car or finding my tools... sucks
yes bro, i mean for the nipple adapter.:rofl:

peterj
i have no experience about flaring brake line, so no comment about it.
The flaring type is totally different, so make sure u know about it before u diy.:listen:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

tATA....here come the idea and solution :wavey::nurse::idea::idea:

mouse8899

Known Member
Oct 28, 2012
petaling jaya
the solution was in punk's picture... just have to look at it carefully.
as for flaring the lines, i suggest you go watch on youtube about it... kinda hard explaining here
good luck with your mod and HUAT AH!!!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A total of 14 awards were handed out to their deserving winners as the CIMB Autoworld Car of the Year Awards 2010 came to a conclusion that saw the Renault Megane RS taking home the coveted Judges Choice Award.

The presentation dinner was graced by President of the Malaysian Automotive Association (MAA), Datuk Aishah Ahmad, who also handed out the final four awards. Also joining the memorable affair...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience