Anyone here buying/selling cars using bitcoins.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
To be honest, I'm not familiar with the bitcoin system. How much is 1 bitcoin 'currency' worth these days?

hex999

Known Member

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If it fluctuates - isn't that somewhat risky? And how does one evade tax by buying with bitcoin? If I can evade taxes why not! haha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If it fluctuates - isn't that somewhat risky? And how does one evade tax by buying with bitcoin? If I can evade taxes why not! haha
Later kena find out, have to pay tax arrears then will be worse.....hhahahhahah:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
just found out 1 bitcoin is worth USD400 thereabouts yesterday. Wow.. means 500 bitcoins can buy me a Merc 350 SL already.

hex999

Known Member

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Well every currency fluctuates base on supply and demand. However it is still one of the best performing currencies. Way better than ringgit for sure.Tax evasion because it doesn't go through our financial system. But well, it's good to use if you would want to buy a rm150k cash instead of withdrawing your cash in a briefcase, Online transfers, or cheques. We can transfer bitcoins to the third party. Bitcoin is not illegal in Malaysia btw and many places like lazada mall accepts them.

It would be nice if our community starts buying/selling cars or car parts for bitcoin instead of rm/usd

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As with anything new, it takes time to catch up and also whether will be popular or not.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I heard bitcoin is already on the decline. The number of BC being issued is getting lesser and lesser mainly because of data centers and BC farmers using their specialty BC farming equipment just to do all this?

Btw, anyone heard of Dogecoin? Yes Doge as in the dog. HEhehehhee.. concept same as bitcoin

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If most have not heard of it, means not popular.....lol
Only in Malaysia la VR.. dogecoin is already gaining momentum overseas to some extent and people are already using it as currency. Just not as valuable as bitcoin.

The concept of bitcoin is good. A universal currency that can buy things and isn't affected by international currency exchange and to earn it you need to help with complex calculation processing just by parking the coding in your computer.

Only thing bad is bitcoin is hackable so need to use those bitcoin banks. Which is hackable as well which means if you get hacked, your money goes with it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Only in Malaysia la VR.. dogecoin is already gaining momentum overseas to some extent and people are already using it as currency. Just not as valuable as bitcoin.

The concept of bitcoin is good. A universal currency that can buy things and isn't affected by international currency exchange and to earn it you need to help with complex calculation processing just by parking the coding in your computer.

Only thing bad is bitcoin is hackable so need to use those bitcoin banks. Which is hackable as well which means if you get hacked, your money goes with it.
Well, digital world is like that. I just spoke to a bank staff and if we need to send written instruction to them need to fax, cannot email, mobile and whatever and that also need to register with them. So much for digital world, to many hacking.....:sleep:

hex999

Known Member

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

Bitcoin itself is very secure as you cannot dupe bitcoins in the blockchain. Hacking issues are usually the fault of the broker or banks.
However,I still see a lot of cases of fake money circulating in the country.

For us average users now, we cant afford to mined for bitcoins, if you just look at the mining farms its impossible to compete
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ihMqEDs4B8

I am actually plan on encouraging my mechanic to also accept bitcoins instead of RM solely, it might actually help to have an additional source of currency coming in instead of depending of RM entirely.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Means the rich gets richer, the poor gets poorer. Rich can afford bigger main frames, poor fellow cannot do much.....lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I love to experiment over the engine, gearbox, suspension systems, intake and exhaust systems (many of these are in the past)
I was at auto shop today (from home went across the whole town at 7th March to buy gifts and presents), went there, especially at the same time was looking for slush, found)) bought today, and, so for not waiting for too long I filled it directly near the shop!

Everything is on the photo and video...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience