Anyone DIY fibreglass?

ndselvam

Known Member
May 20, 2006
Cam Cover

Hi Bro ,

I've done cam pulley cover with fiber glass- reason is the transparent cover to expensive and i like DIY -I never took any pic since my camera is in spoilt .

got the finished mold fist layer done - must do few more adjustment to it.Will post the product result once i get my camera and some time to complete the project

next is custome eyelids for my iswara since aftermarket too crappy and expensive for me--it cheap to get fiber and resin by kg -- will cost bout rm 200 - 400

with this ammount i plan to do fiber speaker boards and strengten my door panels...

Will update on my small project first --

Cheers - fun to do fibering too

ndselvam

Known Member
May 20, 2006
yeah thats a good example by khguan - this one all sifu ready -- me just newbie learnig ......

that a good project by khguan which gave me alot of idea and intrest into fiberglassing

ndselvam

Known Member
May 20, 2006
Well that link - they are monster la bro KHGUAN , We all cacing also can la - but intresting la can get idea --

I got more idea on to do my own body kits -but not extreme like the link -conver sylvia to ferrari dont dare... can save money abit okie la...

I ll share my product soon - forgot to take photo.

ndselvam

Known Member
May 20, 2006
fiberglass

for easy job buy fiber kit - cost around rm 25 got fiber cloth and resin + harderner .

the paste is abit tidious compared to this = for noob like me i choose fiber kit then i strenthen the final product with the fiber paste in can cost bout rm 30 then if you going to spray need to smoothen with putty -

i got one tong of putty - anyone wanna share can l0--- keep so much also nothing to do - one tong i buy with harderner cost rm 50 -used for my bumper body ketuk and alot of thing

still got alot .....:regular_smile:

ndselvam

Known Member
May 20, 2006
fiberglass

Not selling anything - i jsut got some extra putty - putty is to smoothen the surface only.

U can do up ur bumper with it if u have paint crack or broken piece that u fixed

This putty aka is simen tampal only---

sharing for diy purpose - we all share share do diy

not a seller - me also noob only trying very best to save $$$$

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Oh oh, i see. Now im clear a bit about putty. haha. cause die cast also got using this putty, but i got confused. hehe
So, kind of you. haha
Then how to DIY whole bumper ah? Do fiberglass? I got my friend sketched the bumper on the paper liao...
Im so noob in this. hehe

ndselvam

Known Member
May 20, 2006
fiberglass

Well to do whole bumper huh is big project - haven go that far yet - now only main main with skirting n lips..

well basically this are the stuff u need-

Power tool - grinder ,sander drill n bits

then u need to make a mould of your original bumper then take out the ruff base then use styrofoam or any foaming material to form the design on to the ruff base

then one u get the foam hard enuff cut out the design including bracket hole and rest of the stuff needed

then fiber la -- can use fiber clotsh and resin withh be easier

this just basic i know -- i only touch up broke fiber - i never really did whole bumper

maybe we join n try i got some power tools

would be intresting but need a big place as the dust from sanding n smoothening process and fber dust will be massive

got big garrage can try la

alot of idea - ucan see the web link by prolog

materials are not hard to get

time n energy n location will be issue

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello. Am nubie here. Can tell me good workshop to convert gta auto to manual. And what gearbox is reliable. Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience