Any member drives Frontiers ??

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
gavan where u go? long time not post anything?

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
Owh, i was around la, butthen didn't have any trips to anywhere ma, been doing some road cycling too recently with another friend of mine. Hehe, no where to go ler, times are bad... =(

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
hahaha, anyway tht landcruiser make the frontier look like standard only, chiloh is ur fren hard core 4 wheeler?

cqloh

Known Member
Aug 1, 2006
gavan : tyres are 31x10.5 R15s ...

yeah the LC had quite abit done... but thats his road car.. he's got a LR defender thats hardcore...

having been offroad with the fronty i now know the pitfalls... the a arm suspension sucks.. theres just not enough travel... anyone seen any mods people have done to increase this?
i know the guys in the US use a total chaos kit that cost 20k... i'm not gonna even think about spending that kinda money hahah...

any ideas?

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
wtf it tht is his road car, wonder how the defender look like

nop tht is the way we have to do it, suck coz its expensive, but u can try aus fren tht live in australia to buy coz there are wayyy cheaper thn here

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
gavan : tyres are 31x10.5 R15s ...

yeah the LC had quite abit done... but thats his road car.. he's got a LR defender thats hardcore...

having been offroad with the fronty i now know the pitfalls... the a arm suspension sucks.. theres just not enough travel... anyone seen any mods people have done to increase this?
i know the guys in the US use a total chaos kit that cost 20k... i'm not gonna even think about spending that kinda money hahah...

any ideas?
bro, come in that forum and you can see or meet peeps which goes offroading as well and also got peeps there driving frontier as well. :) modded for offroading also. very nicely done. Come and introduce yourself there and then learn more from there also. alot experiance kaki inside. =)

btw, regarding your idea on the suspension part either you do a proper suspension lift which would set u back around MYR6k for Old Man Emu suspension system, or you can do a SAS. =) and yes, IFS sucks... norma but i think with a lilttle lift from that i'm gonna be a happy person already. hehe...

ouu, nowander your tires touch lor, you using offsetted rims and also 10.5" wide tires... sure scrape as the offset which cause the tire to scrape especially when you turn the steering. Am i right?

Last edited:

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
time to go mudding i guest, some water fording is nice too

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
haha... yeah it would be nice... if got some place near to go la, butthen sadly those fun nice ones are not near either.. ahhaa...

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Guys, want to ask. What OEM rim from other manufacturer will fit the Frontier. My tires are due for change in the coming few months so thought of changing the rims as well but not new ones because the truck is rough use so will be very sakit hati if new rims damage or scratch.

I'm using 245 now. I want the tires to be even thicker or izit only got 1 size of thickness?

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
Tires got alot of sizes, Goes from our regular 245 to around something as big as those tractor wheels. You need to consider what type of rims you want to get first before actually getting the rims. I believe you are running the stock steel rims now right? Other Japanese trucks shares the same PCD with our trucks. Those from Pajero's also can fit, or even those from the Storm or Triton. Problem is if your rims have enough offset or not. Thats the thing you need to consider. I've tried on offsetted rims from Pajero. Which was 15" but it gave the car a mean stance when driving cause of the offset. I believe you are better off buying a new set of rims or maybe secondhand from Half cut shops rather than trying to get another car's rims and fit it in cause it's easier to find and also you can opt for the right offset. With wider rims and more offset you can also use wider tires but keep in mind that wider rims, more offset and also bigger tires needs to have a lift done to your car so when you turn the tires don't scrape your body/bumper or even when going over bumps your tires wont hit your body. =) also, using too much offset for your rims also can cause faster wear and tear to your joints and arms. i did and enquire alot about this cause i wanted to swap over for 275's which apparently can still go in on stock height but might have a chance that it would hit the body during articulation or when taking a turn. =) just for your info la. =)

cqloh

Known Member
Aug 1, 2006
gavan... i can lend you the hammer i used to knock my body and the cutters i used to trim my bumper...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There’s no better way to kick off the new year, automotive wise, then with the Tokyo Auto Salon (TAS), the Mecca for JDM aficionados. While we are still scheduled for weekly therapy sessions to treat the severe depression from not being able to attend TAS, Zerotohundred.com’s close friend and proprietor of Motorsport Playground, Remus, was reporting live from...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience