Any member drives Frontiers ??

Feb 6, 2009
1328, Here is pic that i took for your reference. I'm using Blitz DTT DC2
You can get over 1 bar of boost. The trick is to shift up on each gear when full boost is achieved.

My peak boost after change my turbo actuator to a new one.

My boost warning setting

Peak boost during idle (neutral) It gets to 0.76 bar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01aAoaN9nPs

Peak boost during motion. Sorry for the quirky angel and blurness as I was driving with 1 hand and recording with another at highway speed. I get boost of 0.95 to 0.96.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujXzDCveXHs

The count down of the DTT DC2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdxUlnVFa7I
Thanks bro,im really appreciate it.recently,is quite bc,no time to send it to check.anyway,thanks 4 d info.thanks a lot,bro.

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
i don't want a silverado or whatever, i want a cummins!!! Ngeahahhahaaha... =)

owh? so you actually bought the navara already? WOo woo!!! jelous jelous... hehe...

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
I dont play sound system lah bro. I just took the VS from my previous car and install myself.
owh, i sold my previous car with everything inside. :) the dude must be a super happy dude getting the whole car packed with stuff for the charade. =P

A rear boot(original without the wing), sports filter ram, sports filter, original steering, original mud flaps, original springs, sports lowered springs, original muffler, were the extras which are not fitted into the car but i gave in the car itself when it was delivered to him.

the vs, 4G grounding kit, short shifter, panasonic Cd player, detomaso disc(rear), GTti disc(front) with the GTTi Brake servo and master pump together with the original GTti tower strut bar, sony explod and mohawk speakers were given installed already with the car. sigh... :(

and this is not even counting whatever which was already done to the engine itself. ARGHH!!! sakit hati oooo... :(

but apparently a friend of mine told me that he saw he car in ampang and its still the same condition as how i sold to the dude, he never changed a single thing yet. the skirts and lip is still there, colour still same even the tinting is not changed... and he drives the car reallly slowly... =P Haha...

cqloh

Known Member
Aug 1, 2006
so... 31 inch tyres fit a stock frontier...
but you'd have to max out your torsion bars and trim your bumper and cut away a little piece of metal from the back of the front fender...

going to sg bill tomorrow morning... let see what real MT tyres can do..

Bump: so... 31 inch tyres fit a stock frontier...
but you'd have to max out your torsion bars and trim your bumper and cut away a little piece of metal from the back of the front fender...

going to sg bill tomorrow morning... let see what real MT tyres can do..

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
any1 try left foot braking technique on their 4x4? it come in handy on hard cornering, because we not only can over steer but under steer, so this give better correction thn pulling handbrake (as the rear wheel is not locked) :idea:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Traize, I use heel and toe. Frontier's pedal is good for heel and toe...

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
yeah i did tht also but i find tht left foot make car more stable, and u didnt lost speed when exit the corner (maintain) only

Bump: yeah i did tht also but i find tht left foot make car more stable, and u didnt lost speed when exit the corner (maintain) only

cqloh

Known Member
Aug 1, 2006
for those interested... here are some pics from my trip over the weekend...
nothing broken.. just alot of scrapes and a chipped rear axle..
lots of mud and lots of fun..
just two cars.. my frontier and a friends land cruiser with some serious tires..

Land cruiser shows how to go sideways up the hill

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
cq, thanks for the pick. I want to ask when you drive your Frontier into the river won't the engine die off? because water will get suck into through the intake right? and I don't see you using a snorkel intake...how?

cqloh

Known Member
Aug 1, 2006
if you pop your bonnet.. you'll notice that the air intake is about the same height as your dash board.. so the only way your engine will die is that that water is past the dashboard...if that happens.. i think water entering your intake is the least of your problems..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
if you pop your bonnet.. you'll notice that the air intake is about the same height as your dash board.. so the only way your engine will die is that that water is past the dashboard...if that happens.. i think water entering your intake is the least of your problems..
So means that before you went into the river, you have to know the depth 1st loh. Thanks I saw the intake is to the side of the fender about the same height as the Head Lights. What other things that I need to take note? The exhaust? :confused:

cqloh

Known Member
Aug 1, 2006
lol... first rule of crossing a river is that if you can't walk the river.. don;t bother driving across it..
i hear stories of how people need to break out the winch because they couldn;t be bothered to get out to cross the river by foot and check out the condition of the river bed...

the exhaust is alright.. just as long as you keep a constant throttle to make sure that there is always pressure going out..

if your truck does end up too deep.. the other worry would be the radiator fan.. as the fan spins in water it becomes a propeller.. which could possibly bend the blades to a point where they might snap or become inefficient as a cooling fan...

also take note that i've maxed out the torsion bar at the front.. which is effectively another 1 inch of lift... obviously not enough... eheheh

anyone done a lift? how? and what kit?

Last edited:

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
nop same as u just 1 inch, anyway using 4x4 or pickup, did ur gf ever complain? expecially when she wear skirt?:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A joint restoration project by Pinnacle Reflections and Auto Leather - The Innovative Interior Expert.

Upon arrival, the headlamps looked dull and hazy. Although not very yellow, but the haze was quite bad especially at the top part. Common problem especially in tropical climate due to the intense sun.

Different angle...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience