Any Falken Ziex users?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hi guys...

If there are any people who have used Falken tyres before, I want to ask your opinion. I am using Falken Ziex ZE-912 now and I notice that they wear off super fast. Is it just me or other users as well?

The good:
Silent and comfortable for its price

The bad:
Less grip
Wears off super fast.

It says that the Treadwear is 360, which is quite good. But i am suspecting that maybe the compound is too soft or perhaps not so good. Refer to the pictures...

First picture, brand new.

Second picture. After 7 months. Done about 7,000 km.

I do not drive a lot. About 1000 km a month of town driving. No long distance. My previous tyres use to last about 2 to 2 and a half years (25k - 30k km). Is this the characteristics of Falkens or is it just me? Any good and economical tyre recommendation? Looking for silent, comfort and good value for money. Not really going for performance tyres.

Attachments

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
wow...that is super fast...7k km its like changing engine oil... lol

how is the wear pattern...??does it wears out evenly on 4 corners...??

last time i was on yoko c drive the previous version not the current c drive 2...i was somewhat impressed with it...price wise i'm not sure whether its economical by your standard...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Wears of evenly

Sent from my android using Tapatalk.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Do you always hard braking? Based on your photo, the tread looks 60% gone.

Only 7k mileage done and left 40%, it's pretty bad in term of durability.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Just normal city drive. Sometimes i speed but i do not trash it. Definitely no hard braking or cornering. Just once or twice hard braking because avoid accident with stupid drivers.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Wow, that's worn out very fast indeed, more like TW 160 instead of 360! I'm using GY F1 with TW 300, already done >30k kms with quite often fast cornering, still way much thicker than your 2nd photo!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys...

If there are any people who have used Falken tyres before, I want to ask your opinion. I am using Falken Ziex ZE-912 now and I notice that they wear off super fast. Is it just me or other users as well?

The good:
Silent and comfortable for its price

The bad:
Less grip
Wears off super fast.

It says that the Treadwear is 360, which is quite good. But i am suspecting that maybe the compound is too soft or perhaps not so good. Refer to the pictures...

I do not drive a lot. About 1000 km a month of town driving. No long distance. My previous tyres use to last about 2 to 2 and a half years (25k - 30k km). Is this the characteristics of Falkens or is it just me? Any good and economical tyre recommendation? Looking for silent, comfort and good value for money. Not really going for performance tyres.
Bro. Veloc, yes, many complains already that ZE-912 wears fast and now with traction A rating the wet handling and grip have deteriorated.

Your ZE-912 round dot have become a square already means you have reach the half way mark.

What is your tyre size?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Bro. Veloc, yes, many complains already that ZE-912 wears fast and now with traction A rating the wet handling and grip have deteriorated.

Your ZE-912 round dot have become a square already means you have reach the half way mark.

What is your tyre size?
Finally someone gives a feedback that does not mention camber. If y car/gotn camber, why would i want to bring up is topic here? I do alignment every 6 months.

Thanks vr2turbo

Im using 195/50/r15 btw

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Im using 195/50/r15
Okay, if not looking at performance then you should go for eco, since you want more towards silent and comfort.
Tyres like BS EP200, Hankook Kinergy eco, Yokohama Bluearth AE-01

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Yes, suprized that it didnt wear like a 360. Had mine for 10mths approx 1,300km per month. Mostly normal uncle style town driving.

Attachments

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Long time ago I use before but that time still traction AA. Change tyres in 1 1/2 years :biggrin:

LucasChng

Known Member
Sep 17, 2012
DELETED
Off topic

Ex-user of Falken Ziex 522 - Tyre size 205/40/R17

I'm not sure for the 922, haven't tried it before. I was using 522 for my previous tyre, TBH - you get what you pay for (RM205 per pcs). Grip is totaly dissapointing on the dry road, wet cond - better stay at home then driving it. The tyre was using on a 7.5JJ rims around 8 months, then i swap with a 8.5JJ rims with front & rear -2 camber settings & continue for another 7-8 months, Threadwear, using around 1.5 years / 20k - threadwear left around 50% - abused driving, then change another sets.

I changed all 4 pcs of them is because the wall of the tyres, at the inner side (not within the tyre) all of them cracked, and like bengkak. Worried it might bump into a hole or smth then burst, so I changed it. For the actual scenario, I'm not sure what make these tyre walls crack. Is it because I was stretching 205/45 tyres on a 8.5JJ rims?, or didn't often maintain the tyre air pressure?, or these tyre walls is really smth wrong with it?